page  <- 1234567891011121314151617181920 -> <- 1 .. 8 .. 20 ->
^^
vv
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
ϟ
Not to mention once you get the Grapple Beam, it'll show a different cutscence besides showing it like you got an artifact.
Quote from Odyssey:
Here's a list of the changes I've seen, so far:
Rapid-fire charge shot from Metroid Prime 3: Corruption is intact.

Are you talking about the charged shots in hyper mode from MP3?  If so, which beam allows you to charge for rapid fire in the new prime?
my umbrella goes directly to Bankai
Quote from Opium:
Quote from Odyssey:
Rapid-fire charge shot from Metroid Prime 3: Corruption is intact.

Are you talking about the charged shots in hyper mode from MP3?  If so, which beam allows you to charge for rapid fire in the new prime?

no, he's talking about charge beam shots. they can be fired faster in mp3 and that was carried over here (check my ridley vid some pages back and you'll notice how fast i fire charged plasma shots)

also, before anyone else asks, rapid fire missiles are still there (i think i mentioned that earlier but just to be safe). they're a bit harder because the buttons are more apart.

Quote from Odyssey:

• Bloom lighting has been added.
  • Texture resolution has been slightly increased.
  • Environmental damage has been increased by a factor of two.
  • Scan dashing has been removed, possibly to counteract sequence breaking.
  • Spring Ball from Metroid Prime 3: Corruption is intact.
  • Rapid-fire charge shot from Metroid Prime 3: Corruption is intact.
  • Scan for the Barbed War Wasp hive above the Incinerator Drone returns a blank message. (Could be a fault of the ISO patch.)
  • Flaahgra's music now plays properly.
  • Scan points on red crystals in Magmoor Caverns have been removed.
  • Baby Sheegoths' shells are twice as strong as normal.
  • Flying Pirate confrontation at the Frigate Crash Site can be avoided by shutting the door and re-opening it after alerting them.
  • Ice Beam has new particle effects.
  • Arm cannon is no longer covered in ice as Ice Beam charges.
  • Jelzap vacuum speed has been significantly increased.
  • Aqua Reaper AI has been significantly improved.

Keep in mind that I'm only just now heading to the Phazon Mines to get the Power Bombs. (Intended route.)

several of those changes were already in the non-US GC versions. i checked the version differences page before i made posts when i was finding changes because i was unaware of most of those differences.
Metroid Prime, what else?
Quote from Odyssey:

could someone describe me these ennemies please? i've got a french game. and btw, how was the AI significantly improved? thanks :p
Quote from bizzi:
Quote from Odyssey:

could someone describe me these ennemies please? i've got a french game. and btw, how was the AI significantly improved? thanks :p

jelzaps are the triangular creatures that float suspended underwater until you get near and then they suck you towards them and cause electrical interference to your visor.

aqua reapers are reaper vines, except they're underwater.  (those whipping long tentacle-like vines)
okidoki. is the vacuum still avoidable w/o gravity suit?
Quote from bizzi:
okidoki. is the vacuum still avoidable w/o gravity suit?

Unforunately, no.
Jagger ftw
what vacuum?
i think that's when those enemies suck up samus and make her hit them.
Yes. Unless you have the Gravity Suit, the Jelzap vacuum is inescapable.
Edit history:
UchihaSasuke: 2009-05-28 06:30:43 pm
i was thinking about the info posted in this thread and i noticed most things are all over the place.
i'll now combine everything into a single post and will put it in the first post also for people who want a quick rundown of the version changes.

game name:
(japan): [Wii de Asobu] Metroid Prime
(America/Europe): [New Play Control] Metroid Prime

original version developer: Retro Studios
wii version developer: Retro Studios

release dates:
japan: february 19th, 2009
america: august 24th, 2009 (trilogy)
europe: TBA

Major gameplay changes:
- aiming is done with the Wii's pointer function. feels exactly like in metroid prime 3. you can change sensitivity and stuff.
- lock-on free-aim is still there and acts the same as in mp3. this time, when you have it off, the enemies' weak points are targeted automatically and the bosses can be beaten like in the GC version.
- spring ball feature added to the morth ball. you get it once you obtain bombs.
- beam selection is done the same way as visor selection. hold + and point towards a region of the screen to change beam.
- you can swap the functions of + and - in the menu if you like to select beams with - more.
- charge beam's charge speed and fire rate has been increased to mp3's level. fire charged shots faster now.
- missiles are mapped to control pad down. contrary to popular belief, the missiles and missile combos are easy to fire with that configuration.
- earn orange tokens by defeating bosses and gray tokens by completing certain areas/meeting certain conditions. use them to unlock stuff like art galleries and soundtracks.
- new difficulty setting: "normal" is a new and easier mode for newcomers. "veteran" is the normal mode from the GC version.
- "hard/Hyper" difficulty is unlocked once you beat the game in veteran and is the same as hard mode in the GC version.
- scans carry over now like in mp3. you can now scan everything and keep all scans in a single file for new games. this also makes scan-visor events instant since all scan points are now "pre-scanned".

Cosmetic Changes:
- cutscenes are cropped to fit 16:9 when playing on widescreen TVs. they are intact on 4:3 TVs.
- bloom lightning was added to several places. the most noticeable place is the morph ball and in phendrana drifts.
- the arm cannon moves around like in mp3 when you aim but there's a weird opening near the tip when you are using plasma (they didn't texture that area since it was impossible to see in the GC version)
- Fusion Suit is unlocked once you beat the game once and it can be turned on permanently, unlike the GC version where it resets each time you power off/reset. get orange tokens to "purchase" it.
- screen shot tool from mp3 makes a return. get orange tokens to unlock it. use d-pad up to take a screenshot and send it to the wii message board.
- loading is faster overall.
- 480p is (will be) possible in PAL version. (the original NTSC versions had it but GC component cables were almost impossible to find)
- the little things that popped up at the sides of the visor when you held R in the GC version are always present here.
- Samus puts her hard in the arm cannon randomly when you are still like how she did when you held R in the GC version. there's no added effect to her jumps because of this though.

Gameplay changes that affect sequence breaking and speed running (the average gamer doesn't care about these, unlike the other changes)
- Scan Dashes are dead
- Combat Dashes are like in mp3. no extra distance at all by releasing Z (no more SJF).
- no more L-Lock jumps. there's no difference when you move the arm cannon during a jump and you can't lock it down like in the GC version (bye bye early plasma, you need grapple now for several places).
- Ghetto jumps are intact. you can do sequence breaks that are possible with them.
- BSJs are still possible. the SSJ (spring space jump) variant also works (check the sequence breaks vid for it).
- instant unmorphs can be done in some places but they changed it in others.
- infinite bomb jump is gone. you can't climb suntower anymore with it (needs more testing but it looks bad already)
- double bomb jumps work the same (great tree hall bars can be bypassed) but the triple bomb jumps might not because of the change in bomb physics.
- instant scans allow for faster travel in some rooms.
- spring ball makes some morph ball puzzles much faster (energy tank in magmoor, water tank in phazon mines)
- using the spring ball in tunnels makes the morph ball faster.
- Ice + Missile no longer kills Ice Pirates.
- gravity suit has to be gotten now since underwater ghettos are weaker (needs more testing but looks bad already)
- Secret Worlds are still around as long as you can reach them. navigating them seems to be the same (needs more testing since i don't have experience with mp1 SWs)

more differences are around but these lists cover the more glaring ones.
Ready to internet!
Weren't most of the SBs in Metroid Prime based on glitch or bug exploits? So expecting them to be in the Wii edition is rather wishful thinking, imo.
yeah, that's true. they fixed stuff from the root this time.

there's people who want to know about them though.
Jagger ftw
we need gravity now?...................
^No. It looks like SBing in this game is going to be very SW reliant. I would imagine that any SW'er worth his salt (hell, quite a ton more that aren't) would be easily able to wallcrawl from Main Plaza into Tower of Light.
when you say TBA for Europe, it means that the game was announced but without any date; is this the case? I mean, the trilogy might never be released in europe, who knows...
http://www.acronymfinder.com/TBA.html
lol.. yes, "to be announced" about the date... but usually there's no TBA when there's nothing announced...
red chamber dream
heh you worded that weird, but i know what you mean. afaik nothing has been announced about the games at all in europe.
well, TBA doesn't mean they'll announce it, just that it has to be announced yet.
Quote from arkarian:
heh you worded that weird, but i know what you mean. afaik nothing has been announced about the games at all in europe.

This is exactly why I'm buying the Trilogy for my boyfriend when he comes out here in August. Europeans always get shafted when it comes to release dates.
red chamber dream
Quote from UchihaSasuke:
well, TBA doesn't mean they'll announce it, just that it has to be announced yet.

tba is generally used for release dates, not the game itself. when a developer announces a game, the release date is "tba". so the wii prime trilogy is not really tba for europe; there's just no information on it at all.
yeah, that's what i meant. sorry for my weird wording :p
Ok, huge update :D. I've imported the game a week ago and have been able to do the following, not including the things UchihaSasuke already confirmed:

-Climbing the crashed frigate
-Great tree hall without spiderball
-Artifact of elder without plasma beam
-Transport to magmoor caverns without spiderball (for upper phendrana)
-Phendrana's edge early powerbomb without grapple beam
-Geothermal core without spiderball
-Metroid quarintine A without spiderball
-Metroid quarintine B without spiderball
-Sun Tower without spiderball and supermissles (secret world from main plaza, ceiling warp after sun tower)
-Climbing phazon processing center without spider.

Things I was unable to do:

-Underwater ghetto in tower of light. Only spot we need gravity suit for now. I've tried the ghetto for about an hour and it really seems impossible. Also secret worlding didn't work. The room that holds the artifact loads once tower of light is loaded, either ceiling warping in tower of light above the water or in the artifact room didn't work. Only thing possible seems to be IS inside a secret world and warp into the room with the cutscene.
-thardus jump. You can't jump once on thardus and damage boosting seems to be lowered.
-Crossway missle expansion connot be obtained by jumping on the ledges that hang on the walls. Can't jump from those either.
-Boosting Ridley
-space jump early with bombs. Something is different. I don't get as much distance as I would in the GC version.
-climbing chozo ice temple without space jump. I can't reach the temple from the main room. I've gotten close with a double springball and double bombjump on the right when entering phendrana (the spot where you do a ghetto in the GC version).

Skippable items so far:

-Thermal visor
-Spider ball (SW)
-Charge beam (SW)
-Super missles (SW)

25% total

Possibly skippable

-Gravity suit
-Boostball (would need some insane amount of SWs)
-Grapple beam (only needed for geo core, and MQB for now)

I haven't skipped charge beam officially but I see no reason why it should not be possible. I will try to make some video's soon. Also SWing is a lot harder. Since you can only use 1 bomb there is no more way to climb walls with bombjumps. Also moving over a ceiling in morphball you can again only use 1 bomb.

Alos UchihaSasuke, do you know what the option is in the menus, there is one option for fusion suit on/of but on the same page there's another option?
Quote from StefanvanDijke:
-space jump early with bombs. Something is different. I don't get as much distance as I would in the GC version.

Assuming the bombs haven't been fucking knackered, you can just HBJ amirite?