page  <- 12345678 -> <- 1 .. 4 .. 8 ->
^^
vv
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Quote from Cardweaver:
Super Metroid: Soup is a full hack and its 3/4 of the way done.

I think Dmantra's is called Super Metroid: Cliffhanger

Fano7's is called Super Metroid: Crazy

Ooooh, soup is a full hack. I thought it was a half-hack and was still looking forward to it.
Meri Kurisumasu! ^_^
Quote from damptraktor:
Ooooh, soup is a full hack. I thought it was a half-hack and was still looking forward to it.

You should, cause it's incredibly awesome.
Hated by all
Can you name the half and full hacks in order from easiest to hardest [not counting Easy and Hard]?
Eschews avatars
Difficulty is a very subjective thing, but I'd say it's something like Legacy->SFI->Dependence->Gravy/Puddin->Limit->Darkness Spreads/Golden Dawn->Redesign->Impossible/Noobsmasher/Glitchtroid
(user is banned)
Breathe in the Future, Breathe out the Past
Heres a little preview of my hack.
It's nothing special, the music is the best part actually..

That looks really good. I do hope those one square mockballs and hbj are not in the final version though ;o
Every Bit Counts
Quote from DMantra:
It's called cliffhanger because there are no midair platforms, ...

But there are some floating platforms in that vid that you just posted.
(user is banned)
damptraktor, they'll be in the final version, but I'll also make a version where stuff like that isn't required to proceed. I want to make a hard hack, but also a hack most people can play through.

fano7, well let's not be too literal, instances where I do use platforms is purely for aesthetics and to serve the purpose of the rooms layout and puzzles. Those floating boxes in WS were in a factory where it looks like these boxes were being transported via conveyer belt/crane/conveyer belt. that blue brinstar underwater bit did have platforms, but it helped me utilize getting a full rooms size when samus can only jump 4 squares high.
That looks really awesome. I look forward to playing it. And I hope it's really hard too.  8-)
Acclaimed Threshold
Constant Sorrows
DMantra, I'm impressed with your aesthetics, and it looks like it'll be fun when it's done. Though I gotta say, wall-jumping the shaft without platforms is more tedious than fun, in my opinion. I feel like there's better things you could do there. The fact that it's my only complaint is pretty good, though.

What did you use to film that? Aegis is complete enough that I could throw together a teaser for it, but I don't know the first thing about it. I'm tech-savvy enough to figure it out, but I don't know the tools...
Hated by all
By the few looks of it, he used the SNES 9X AVI recorder. I'm not sure what version, though, but it's not version 1.51. 1.43, perhaps?
(user is banned)
Quote from playerman1230:
By the few looks of it, he used the SNES 9X AVI recorder. I'm not sure what version, though, but it's not version 1.51. 1.43, perhaps?

version 1.4.0.0 and windows movie maker. not much really, compared to whats out there for free right now to edit film.

Acheron86, usually during dry spells on the hack I end up returning to old rooms to work on them, chances are lots of these shafts will have more to them, everything gets reshaped when I'm bored. The original basis was just wall jumping, but it evolved over time to be a myriad of challenges and puzzles, much in the same style of Cardweaver's hacks (fun and challenging concepts rolled into one). This hack will feature chozo lore for every subworld, and subtle hints in the aesthetics of an era that recently passed. This alone has been the hardest thing for me, cause I won't settle on a typical easy to produce story that's forgotten/ignored in the gameplay realm of the hack. I want the lore to be sought, and this gives double meaning to the word 'cliffhanger'.
Edit history:
Cardweaver: 2008-03-25 04:31:12 pm
Well, just thought I'd give all of you an update. SM:Soup is 25 rooms away from being done. Keep in mind that 18(i think) of those are Tourian.

edit: only Tourian to be done now.
Quote from Cardweaver:
Well, just thought I'd give all of you an update. SM:Soup is 25 rooms away from being done. Keep in mind that 18(i think) of those are Tourian.

go go go go go!
Yeah, I'll add all this once I clear an Ugly Dentist Appointment, a Humanities Test and a stupid essay.
I looked at the definitions on the hack list site, and have determined that Soup is a 2/3 hack. Its more involved than a half, but nowhere near a full.
Super Metroid: Landing Site Abuse is finished.  For a link, see the thread: http://forum.metroid2002.com/index.php/topic,7100.0.html

(This is a one-room hack.)
I will add everything I am missing Sunday Night. I'm not even home right now.
Acclaimed Threshold
Constant Sorrows
Quote from Electrometer Prime:
I will add everything I am missing Sunday Night. I'm not even home right now.

[quote author=Electrometer Prime]
<Electrometer_Prime> whoops
<Electrometer_Prime> forgot to update last night
<Electrometer_Prime> oh well
* Electrometer_Prime is now known as zeSleep
[/quote]

laugh new
I forget easily ¬_¬
Acclaimed Threshold
Constant Sorrows
I kid, I kid. It gave me a chuckle.
Hated by all
Why is the site going away!? WHY? *slams head on desk really hard*

Alright, but now where do we get another place for the patches?
(user is banned)
Quote from playerman1230:
Why is the site going away!? WHY? *slams head on desk really hard*

Alright, but now where do we get another place for the patches?

Keep your wits about you, its april 1st  aiwebs_008
I lol at that post.
the metroid is a lie !
to anyone who is interested.....

i have known about smile for AGES and have had to work it out piece by piece,
making stuipid errors. but after scrapping many hacks (due to the incompatibility of smile),
i know have one that is making steady progress called super metroid containment.
anyway just to let you know :D