page  <- 12345678 -> <- 1, 2 ... 8 ->
^^
vv
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Quote from FirePhoenix0:
I did the same thing a while ago because I didn't like my "fix" and it worked great until the Giant Metroid room in Tourian.  The game froze when going through the door into the next room after being drained by it.

All you have to do then is remove the giant metroid. Or connect the doors in such a way that it skips the giant metroid room
True, but I'd hoped to be able to play through fully by only changing the glitch room.  I guess I could get rid of the metroid instead.
Ah, that's right... I never did go through Tourian in that hack and thus missed the second crash. Too bad it became so glitched.
Every Bit Counts
what caused it to get glitched?
For some reason, I never hit the first glitch while playing SFI, and the second glitch I overcame (and I have no idea why this worked, but it did) by going through the door at high speed.
Eschews avatars
I never had the first either; the second is a music-based glitch; the silence messes up room transitions for some reason. You can circumvent it by running forward and jumping as the metroid lunges and shooting in midair, breaking the shot blocks ahead. Then, you can just crouch-jump your way out of the room with the metroid on your head (it disappears in the next room). That way, the music never goes silent.

Edited for comprehensibility; I need to sleep.
I wonder if it has soemthing to do with the ROM you patch... I had it crash twice in the hallway leading to Kraid's hideout... both times right when those enemies appeared. Then I decided to see if I could "fix" it.

I really should dig up my save state and finish it. Just lazy I guess.  :D
A lot of these hack links are broken/don't even attempt to work.  I'd say this list could kind of use an update  :|
Yeah yeah, I know. All links to here since the board move broke. I will see what I can update tonight after exams
So if I wanted to fix SFI I would open SFI v1.1 (is there a leter version?) in smile.
then I would delete the enemies before Kraid's room?
then delete the large metroiid enroute to mother brain?

can someone give me the numbers for each room so I do not look at any of the other rooms and spoil myself?

thanks
Actually, I'm fixing it up.  I just need to do a final playthrough test to see that nothing goes wrong, then I'll release a fixed patch.
great firePhoenix0

thanks much!!
hi, i would just like to say that EVERYONE who like to hack should be joining the fourum RIGHT NOW!(the metroid hack list one, not this one, 'cuse that'ed be dumb laugh new)
I don't know if the list is still being updated, but I figured I'd let Electrometer know that I'm about 1/3 of the way through my newest hack, the third part of the "Foodstuff Series" triology, Super Metroid: Soup. It's a half-hack, much like Gravy and Puddin were. My beta-tester told me that he likes Soup more than he liked Gravy so far, which is saying something.
Yeah, expect me to update this week/weekend. I just have been too lazy lately(Last update November)

Will update very soon. SO much to fix and add.
Edit history:
Bolognab: 2008-01-17 04:41:25 pm
edit: actually i would rather not spoil this... deleted
NOOOOOOOOO I missed it. So close  :)
Every Bit Counts
I suppose I should put this here. I'm working on a hack called Super Metroid Crazy. Yes, it's being revived. Except this time, it's not just making things harder. This time it will be harder and I will be changeing a lot of the level design. On top of that, there will be a lot of change with ASM and such. Don't hope for this to be finished soon, as I still need to learn ASM and such.
yeah :X that woukd take a long time... :|
From now on, I'm giving one site update every night.
EP, don't forget about the new fix I made for Searching for Items.  It's here: http://forum.metroid2002.com/index.php/topic,6891.0.html
I'm gonna add a lot more of Friday, dont worry.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Umm... I just tried to go to the page, and it says it's not found...
(user is banned)
Breathe in the Future, Breathe out the Past
What do you do when you've played all the hacks on the list and crave more? Is there any other sites with more? I ran across some japanese site some time ago but I think most of the content on that was on the hack list aswel.
Quote from DMantra:
What do you do when you've played all the hacks on the list and crave more? Is there any other sites with more? I ran across some japanese site some time ago but I think most of the content on that was on the hack list aswel.

You wait a month or two for me to finish Soup  Wink

Or you could just mess around with SMILE and make small changes then play through it. Thats what I do when I'm out of ideas, and if you make enough small changes, its quite fun.