page  <- 1234567891011121314 -> <- 1 .. 12 .. 14 ->
^^
vv
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Lol, gotta watch out for that energy overload on the energy reactor cannon, Bloodsonic. laugh new
My own aesthetic presentation has been humbled.
(user is banned)
Edit history:
DMantra: 2009-06-19 11:18:13 pm
Breathe in the Future, Breathe out the Past
halp with asmz nao
Go ahead. Stare.
Quote from DMantra:
halp with asmz nao

Get a book.

Or get yourself a Bro like DSO...

But don't think of using my Bro for your stuff! He is helping me!!! Evil or Very Mad (I guess I can live without him for now. You may continue.)
ϟ
he got 186/189 rooms done on his Sig.
Smile I'm ready to KICK ASS Smile
Super Secret Area - Dead Ahead!
I know the feeling, but try to hold back on the jubilation for now, as there'll probably be a period of time for testing yet.
wow.
hack is
AMAZZIINNGG !!!!11111111111111111111111111111
% complete please
Dman?  Embarassed Embarassed
Go ahead. Stare.
It is complete according to his sig, just beta testing now. So what you really want are competent tester(s) for him.
(user is banned)
Breathe in the Future, Breathe out the Past
Quote from Bloodsonic:
% complete please

99.5% complete.
the .5% will be done during beta testing.
Don't hold me to it, but there is a chance Eris will be released late July.
I got bored and reviewed some of the hacks' teasers (the ones I'm looking forward to.)

This hack still gets me the most. I can't figure out why (I think it's the colors and construction... they kind of just hit all the right spots.)

This helps me remember when I believed Metroid games were going to remain somewhat artsy and creepy.
And would there be a place to view said reviews, or are you just letting us know? Wink
Well, review doesn't necessarily mean that I wrote a dozen paragraphs explaining the high points and low points of a given hack.  It just means that I came back through here and checked out all the teaser videos and screen shots of the hacks I'm looking forward to (Impulsion, Eris, possibly Aegis, possibly Genesis, and even First Horizon.)  I suppose I could write up some reviews this weekend, but I'm not sure the community really needs somebody to tell them whether or not a hack sucks. (I still might because it would be fun, and perhaps useful to some new comers looking for some Metroid action.)
Nah, probably not necessary.  I just saw 'reviewed', and assumed that's what you meant, but I think you just meant you looked back over them, as in 're-viewed'. Eh?
Quote from Quietus:
Nah, probably not necessary.  I just saw 'reviewed', and assumed that's what you meant, but I think you just meant you looked back over them, as in 're-viewed'. Eh?

That would be correct.  That being said, DMantra, from one artist to another, cheers!  Your music and aesthetics are great!
I know he said he wasn't going to do it (or -he didn't plan on doing it)...  Putting in his custom music into the game.  But would he be able to have midi versions of some of his songs?  Maybe someone could put them in at a future date, then re-release the hack with the  new tunes.

Then again...  As many (official) tracks as there are for 'Echoes of Eris' -- I'm thinking those would outnumber the ....eh, number of tunes presently in Super Metroid. Confused  So maybe all wouldn't be able to be used....?  I dunno.

Sorry if this has been discussed (and settled) before.
Yeah, as of right now, there isn't really a tool to allow one to compose and insert their own music.  There shouldn't be any custom music in the game.  I was specifically referring to "Echoes of Eris."
It probably wouldn't be very...  proper(?) to do such a thing, especially since Acheron called dibs on the custom music anyway.  And Aegis and Cliffhanger were presented as WiPs at around the same time.
Green-Kirby, ROAR!
Quote from BlackDays:
Yeah, as of right now, there isn't really a tool to allow one to compose and insert their own music.

Well there is always the good old hex editor.
You just need to know what you're doing.
Quote from Gaius_4:
It probably wouldn't be very...  proper(?) to do such a thing, especially since Acheron called dibs on the custom music anyway.  And Aegis and Cliffhanger were presented as WiPs at around the same time.

Nobody has any form of monopoly of hacking, though.  If anybody wanted to keep any ideas secret, the best they could hope for would be to not mention them, and hope that nobody else comes up with the same idea before the release of their hack.

I personally think it's better the other way, where everybody shares everything all the time. Very Happy
If I do believe so myself, nobody can call dibs on anything. Hacking in general is modification of game data, whether it is level data, pickups, enemies, music, and combinations therein. Changing music to something you like isn't something one person can claim....otherwise people would be claiming similar layouts. We're here to share, not plagiarize each other. Why else would we have a Misc. Hacking Patches thread, SMILE Help Topic, and are willing to help people on IRC? 
Edit history:
Gaius_4: 2009-07-14 03:40:58 am
I didn't mean he literally called dibs...  laugh new  It's just that Acheron was the first person (as far as I know) to come up with the idea of using different music.  Whoever makes it happen first (in a full hack  ) - well, that would be great.

I apologize for carelessly tossing around a generalization.  Silenced
Acclaimed Threshold
Constant Sorrows
Oh, no, I totally called dibs on that. Back off or you're banned for all eternity.
Quote from Acheron86:
Oh, no, I totally called dibs on that. Back off or you're banned for all eternity.

Aw...
* FirePhoenix rips up the paper with his plans for music.
OMG FLAN!!!!!!!
Quote from Acheron86:

But I already have custom music in my hack! aiwebs_016

oh wait... uhhh... no I don't Whistle
Quote from Sadiztik Fish:
Quote from Acheron86:

But I already have custom music in my hack! aiwebs_016

oh wait... uhhh... no I don't Whistle

I think what you did was more like an appetizer.  Or maybe paving the way... aiwebs_011