page  12345678 -> 1 ... 8 ->
^^
vv
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Dont know why I didn't post this here earlier. This site shows where you can obtain most of th Metroid Related hacks and whatnot. I have some updating to do which I will do tonight, but this site is still updated frequently.

http://www.freewebs.com/metroidhacks/

EDIT:

Well, it seems that there have been quite a few new hacks and patches released as of late. Most of them are not on the site for good reason. I do not wish to search through every single thread to figure out what the hack is and where it goes and all that.

So here is how to submit hack information to me. You need to post the information about your hack in this thread following these guidelines.

You must give me the full name of the hack

You must specify wether it is half, full, mini, etc, fangame, etc....

You must also specify wether there are any changes like ASM or graphics, etc.

You need to tell me wether it is complete or in development(or dead)

Last, as of now, you must tell me wether your IPS is Headered or Unheadered. I will be going through the other hack and determine such. If your hack is not yet complete, you must tell me once you release it before I gan change the status on the site to complete.

Following these guidlines will make updates quick and often.
Thread title: 
Green-Kirby, ROAR!
pawnage post =D

[Edit] ice you wanted, here you go!

[EDIT 2 (luls)] MEGA 0,4 is up For easy download since you think E-mail suck.
attachments:
Thanks for the link, very handy.

EDIT: After some looking... Why is Kejardon's "Insanity" still not there? :P
Cause I only read about it once and that was way before I started the list.
Shifty Leader
That M2k2 guy
Stickified.
Right. I need to get to updating and adding stuff to it sometime this week.
Eschews avatars
Wait a minute, was Insanity released?
Embarrasing Fact: Power suit made by lowest bidder
No. It's not even close to being ready, despite the fact I've been working on it a ton over the Summer. I've been rewriting an entire physics engine nearly from scratch, but it's vector based while most of the game is coordinate based. This is giving me many, many headaches. But this part is going to be simply awesome when it's finished.

Ironic Pageview ftw

Anyhow, if you have somthing like a new hack or an update to a hack or editor that needs adding to the site, post the info with the link here or on the forums.
Site has been updated multiple times this week and should be hopefully up to date. I swear, after GD's release, there has been some sort of Hacking Revolution for SM.

Anyhow, if there are any edits and additions to be made for the site, post about them here.
How exactly would I go about getting my hack to be able to be downloaded? Would I just attach it to a post, or something else. I'd really like to avoid having to join anything to be able to put it on a file sharing site.

btw, if it ever gets available, its a half hack that currently has no name. gotta come up with one i guess.
Yes, if its in IPS patch form, then you can just attach it to a post in this thread or in a new one in this board.
Well thats good, now how do i make it into an ips file?

another question too, how would I go about encrypting my hack so that other people can't sneak a peek with smile? Beating the game (mother brain wise) won't be too hard, but 100% will be, at least IMO, so I don't want people cheating (in that way anyway, nothing I can do without making the hack really annoying to stop all the SBs)
Quote:
Well thats good, now how do i make it into an ips file?

There's an option for it right in SMILE under tools if I recall.

Quote:
how would I go about encrypting my hack so that other people can't sneak a peek with smile? Beating the game (mother brain wise) won't be too hard, but 100% will be, at least IMO, so I don't want people cheating (in that way anyway, nothing I can do without making the hack really annoying to stop all the SBs)

You'd have to ask DrewSeph (sigfriedxx on here) or Saturn about that.
Quote:
There's an option for it right in SMILE under tools if I recall.

lol, cant believe I missed that. thanks. Hopefully, after some final testing and clean up, the hack'll be ready. I still need a name though...
Cant add an unnamed hack to the list =P
Quote:
Cant add an unnamed hack to the list =P

Probelm solved. Metroid Gravy is almost finished.
Made some small updates today

As a major warning, all links that go to this forum are DEAD. I will get to fixing all of them ASAP.
A small update on Metroid Gravy: I'm changing around about 4 last items, and changing 5 last rooms, so it will be ready in a week or two.
(user is banned)
Breathe in the Future, Breathe out the Past
I'm not sure if I've played SFI yet or not, simply because I don't know what it stands for..
Stuffs. Yar.
Searching For Items...

I hear it's a pretty fun one... haven't played it myself, though.
It is pretty fun to play.  Shame it's glitched but I gave EP a halfway-decent "fix" for everyone.  At least it's beatable now.  Just go into it expecting to look hard for items.  I remember on my first playthrough I totally couldn't find highjump and when I did I had a massive head->desk moment.
I was able to "fix" SFI by opening it in Smile and removing the enemies from the hallway leading to Kraid. I am not 100% positive, but I think the thing which causes it to crash are those circle enemies from Tourian (sorry, can't recall their name). I removed them all to be safe... don't remember if the door required the enemies to be killed or not... if so that has to be edited as well. The only down side was that it spoiled an item for me by opening it in SMILE.
I did the same thing a while ago because I didn't like my "fix" and it worked great until the Giant Metroid room in Tourian.  The game froze when going through the door into the next room after being drained by it.
Every Bit Counts
I wonder why. That happended to me while playing a hack called "The Author Hack". hope there is a fix for it.