page  <- 123456789101112131415 -> <- 1 .. 10 .. 15 ->
^^
vv
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
I've been trying to get the Dark Oasis ST key in Echoes, but couldn't do it as the game blacked out after using IS.
This might mean that a Light Suit skip is impossible, but I've been
wondering why it doesn't work. Well, IS often freezes the game, but there is a portal in the room. Master ZED made the connection that the game doen't black out if that is the case. He could obviously be wrong, but I don't see why IS should work in some other rooms like that one one the way to Torvus (whatever it's called).
[You can get IS in the Dark Oasis/Ammo Refill station door if anybody is wondering where I got it]

I have noticed that the radar always says there is an enemy in the room even though I've killed all I could find. Maybe it's just because of the Ingstorm there though.
Quote from XtraX:
This might mean that a Light Suit skip is impossible, but I've been
wondering why it doesn't work. Well, IS often freezes the game, but there is a portal in the room.
Yeah, I made the connection because it works at Temple Assembly Site and Dungeon, and there wasn't anything there to relate the two rooms aside from their portals (and TAS has absolutely nothing else to explain compatibility, while Dungeon has Undertransit Two as the only connected room).  I had forgotten Dark Oasis wasn't compatible, along with a couple other rooms.

The rooms near the ST key I haven't tested are Hall of Stairs and that other room from Doomed Entry (I tried the Ammo Station, no go), so if they're unexplainably compatible, maybe the key can be retrieved from another room next door (EDIT: They aren't.  The Dark Oasis key isn't going to be retrieved via IS).  This, however, would mean the normal spot for IS at the ammo station door can't be used, as you'll need the ammo station to cure the light show.  You'd have to open the door and warp into an EL'ed room via secret world to get IS and then the key.  I'd test IS first before going to the trouble obviously.

And yeah, the enemy on the radar is the Ingstorm.
Quote from XtraX:
[You can get IS in the Dark Oasis/Ammo Refill station door if anybody is wondering where I got it]

I`m new to this so can sombody tell me what an "IS" is
(user is banned)
IS stands for Infinite Speed (the infinite speed glitch, working in MP and MP2).

(does IS work in MPH?)

what it basically does is...

well...

i dont know how it works.

but it messes with the gameplay mechanics and makes it as if you're everywhere inside the room that you're in... at once. meaning that you can grab pickups, activate cutscenes (not including ones that you need to grab keys to activate, like the impact crater and sky temple).

if you unmorph while in IS mode, you get the light show glitch, screwing around with your vision, making it basically impossible to do anything.

therefore, the only ways to get rid of that are to:

1. grab an upgrade (not expansions or keys, but something like the space jump boots would likely work).

2. activate a cutscene that places you at a certain place in the room (flaahgra, thardus startfight cutscenes both work, i think).

3. activate a portal (only MP2, of course) - this would require you to unmorph at the right spot, switch to the correct beam, and blast away while walking into the portal.

Im not going over how to do the glitch because its time consuming and i've never actually done it... (ive gotten close though).

there's probably some false information in this, but this is all i know...
I run this here hotel of an evening
i think IS overloads some speed variable, or something like that. i'm not too sure though
Wow, thats a bizarre glitch.
Hm... I haven't posted here very much, but I need to know: is it possible to get IS in Central Dynamo in Phazon Mines? If so, I might be able to take it into the room between MQA and CD (forget the name... I gotta play MP more :P) and use IS to trigger the cutscene in MQA, thus bypassing the Wave door and allowing me to advance in a no-Wave game. I would only need to do it that once, since after the OP fight I can go in through the back of OP's room.
i'm not sure that cutscene teleports you when it finishes.
>_>

You're probably right, but still, it's worth a shot, since there's absolutely no other way to get over there.
in this game, it's almost always worth a shot, imo.
Edit history:
Phazar: 2008-02-16 03:15:34 pm
I tried using IS to get the Artifact in Hall of the Elders early, but all it did was give me the Energy Tank.  I used it again and it switched between lights on/off and made the Chozo ghosts appear/disappear.  I'm not sure, but you might get the Artifact at the same time as the tank.  I'll try it again.

Edit: Forgot to mention, it looks like you can get IS by boosting into the Chozo console in reflecting pool.  You stick to it for a few seconds, but easily disconnect.  After that, the console symbol's all screwed up, to the right instead of in the center.

Edit 2: No it doesn't work cause the Artifact is in a different room, aka there's a door between HOTE and the Artifact.  Too bad...

Edit 3: Discovered a new IS usage yesterday.  You must do it in steps, so that's how I'll present it:

1.  Enter Central Dynamo for the 1st time in the game, Power Bomb the Bendezium and open the ice door behind it.

2.  Deactivate the turrets and shoot the door to MQA to reload Central Dynamo.

3.  Return to Central Dynamo, now without the drone (we reloaded the room so it wouldn't interfere with getting IS), and obtain IS using the door you just entered.

4.  Boost through the room, and the drone will reappear, the reactor-thingy will turn invisible, the forcefield-maze will turn on, and you'll be halfway between the main floor and the maze.

5.  Roll towards the power bomb at the right angle and the cutscene will activate, giving you the main PB.

Note: Step 5 must be done quickly before the drone kills you.
Anywhere, everywhere
Quote from Phazar:

That's another item for a nbmb right?
The chance of an NBMB after defeating the Parasite Queen in Prime is really slim.  Not too slim, since NBMBs aren't for beating the game in the first place, but still some problems.  First, bombs look like they could be skippable with SWs, but this has not been proven and it is unlikely.  If it is possible, it would require a lot of floating (Plasma Beam without bombing the slot).  The other thing is Wave Beam.
Anywhere, everywhere
Wave beam can be gotten without facing the sheegoth.

For nbmb, pq and incinerator drone are allowed, similar to how ceres ridley and bomb torizo (before the skip was found) were in super.
Quote from rekameohs:
Wave beam can be gotten without facing the sheegoth.

For nbmb, pq and incinerator drone are allowed, similar to how ceres ridley and bomb torizo (before the skip was found) were in super.

Bomb Torizo skip in Super is only possible in either TAS or the PAL version of the game though, correct? So for a normal human run of NTSC Super you'd still have to allow the Bomb Torizo. Unless I'm way out of date here :)
Anywhere, everywhere
It's recently been found to be in NTSC as well.
We're getting off topic.  This topic is about Infinite Speed/Infinite Boost/Where's the Room and all that crud.  It is not about NBMB rules.
plasma beam v.2.0
PB's work to open doors in prime 1.  i got to the artifact temple and made it to the pillar cutscene to get out of the glitch.

probably known, but i found it without any help beyond the first two paragraphs of the first post.
Quote from Dark Phoenix:
PB's work to open doors in prime 1.  i got to the artifact temple and made it to the pillar cutscene to get out of the glitch.

probably known, but i found it without any help beyond the first two paragraphs of the first post.
IS itself doesn't disable doors; you could have just used normal bombs.  If you're talking about the light show, that's a different story since it does disable doors.  Which is it?
Edit history:
Dark Phoenix: 2008-07-02 10:33:44 pm
plasma beam v.2.0
the light show.  i morphed out than back into ball form then PB'd the general area of the door, since i couldnt tell where it was, and slowly made my way into the next room.

and now im stuck in magmoor workstation in the lightshow...  i didnt pick up the etank and neither boost nor spider is doing anything.  any ideas?

edit

CHARGE COMBOS OPEN DOORS!!
or it glitched to get me through the purple door out of MW
What the heck. I've never heard of this before, thought it would be something new until I checked the post date. Again, what the heck.
D:
plasma beam v.2.0
yeah, i made it through a purple door in the lightshow.  btw, has it officially become known as the "lightshow"?  or are we all just making up terms in hopes of everyone understanding?
Quote from Dark Phoenix:
yeah, i made it through a purple door in the lightshow.

Well, considering that beams probably work the same as Samus when IS is activated (that's a total guess BTW), I guess it could work in Prime 1.  Echoes, OTOH....

Quote from Dark Phoenix:
btw, has it officially become known as the "lightshow"?  or are we all just making up terms in hopes of everyone understanding?
At this point, it is the "official" term.  Of course, some things just don't have one, like going through the sloped walls of secretized/erroneously loaded rooms from a SW state.  I've been calling it warping ever since I got the hang of it, but that one never caught on, nor has anything else.
plasma beam v.2.0
i will try it again later today hopefully.  and maybe we can use this to our advantage.  but i still cant make anything happen when i boost or spider stuff.  even in watery hall.
This is the onyl place I could think of to ask this but: is IS allowed inr Prime 1 speed runs?