page  <- 123456789101112131415 -> <- 1 .. 9 .. 15 ->
^^
vv
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Quote from Master ZED:

I have an idea about the first portal, not in breaking it but in using it a second time.  The idea is that since HCB doesn't crash from IS either, the portal is real and may be reusable like what happened to me in Dungeon.  I noticed there was no HCB SW movie though... if anyone can make me a movie of that SW, that would be terrific.  Yes, IS'ing into the first portal if possible at all would take an AR, I don't care about that.  I just want to see if there's any way to get into that other room after the cutscene.

HCB (and HCC) SWs are both very tough to get into from my experience. I've only managed to get close (I think). I'm pretty sure it will take a full SA just above the floor and just in front of the tunnel. The Pizza Boy's input might shed some light. I'll try again in the morning since you're interested. It'll probably end up being vids of near misses though.
(user is banned)
Anything new?
Quote from Laney:
Anything new?

No... but that may be because I'm playing .hack again.  I got bored. :P

About the only thing I don't think I talked about (or maybe I did... eh) was that I tried the MBI trick on spinners in Echoes to no avail (I only tried a couple spinners in Torvus though, I wanted to get it without moonjump).  I was looking for MP1's Boost Ball, since Spinners seem to revert Boost back to its original form to speed the process up.  It wouldn't have been much, but Echoes is too restricting for my tastes so it was worthwhile to try. :\

I have yet to try on bomb slots simply because I don't think it will do anything if it works.  The effects of MBI came directly from the cannon's effects, and bomb slots don't do anything special.
I was thinking about what was said about trying to get to the impact crater with this glitch.

Since the "totems activating" scene always comes before Ridley, the game probably gets to check for the artifacts normally, since you use the glitch to go directly to the cutscene, but from there the game execution goes as it usally does.
The only way I could see getting into the impact crater early is somehow faking the game into setting the correct flag(s) so it thinks you have all of the artifacts.
Quote from Mr Potter:
-Elite Quarters: Very unfortunately, it only returns the morph ball to normal OR starts the OP fight. What it does after the fight is unknown.

I'm just speculating here, but do you know that Kraid was supposed to appear in this game? Apparently they ran out of time and pulled him out with OP as the replacement. But using this glitch... the remnants of a cutscene involving Kraid might be triggered after the fight!

Ah... I'm getting a bit overexited here...
my umbrella goes directly to Bankai
the above post sounds extremely unlikely. that's a thing that would require AR verification to not attempt a pointless quest.
IS is a positioning bug actually, so it's highly unlikely it would reveal something like a dummied boss unless the event trigger still exists somewhere in the room.
I'm only speculating. It's just that sometimes the developers leave scraps of unfinished materials in games, a cutscene without a trigger may exist in any room and could be activated with this glitch.

Remember stop n swap from Banjo Kazooie?
always move fast
ive managed to get "wheres the room" glitches using the doors on both ends of security access b (both are ceiling doors) several times now.  in both scenarios however, the walls are not stick.  therefore, as far as i know, the is glitch cannot be done in them.  however, in elite quarters, on the second story, there are four metal rail structures positioned along the outside of the room.  between one of them and the wall, you can start what looks like the beginning of an is.  i haven't been able to get it yet, but if anyone else wants to try, feel free...

and the super easy way to "wheres the room" ceiling doors:

www.angelfire.com/psy/bartendorsparky/mp.html
Are there any hollow doors in MP1? The Secret World list doesn't say so yet...
Quote from XtraX:
Are there any hollow doors in MP1? The Secret World list doesn't say so yet...
Nobody has found one to my knowledge.
Erroneously roomed metroids are are almost IS ready.
http://www.metroid2002.com/other_metroid_quarantine.php

If you follow such a metroid into the next room, then it loses its "focus" on you and desires to go back into its default roaming path.  However, it cannot go back through the door and thus floats right in front of it.  Even at this point the sides and bottom of the metroid are sticky (probably because it belongs to a different room than you).  If you let the door close, it disappears graphically, its programming freezes (try a PB), and it stays perfectly still once it reaches the door.  After a while it even stops damaging Samus when touched, and sets the stage for a possible IS point.

I have been able to build up an IS type free-spin, except that it always stalls once a second.  IB doesn't seem to get started.  Perhaps working with two metroids might make it work.  You can also get a metroid stuck on the other side of the door - dunno how to explain that one.

Different that what is done in the video, my method is to wait morphed in the middle of the door (being midful of the map of course).  After the metroid shreaks, lay a bomb and start to gently roll into the next room.  The idea is that the bomb goes off just as the metroid attaches itself, and that this occurs close to but before the point where the metroid explodes.  I've gotten this method to work on the doors in Impact Crater, MQB, and Ore Processing so far.
Just a random idea that probably won't work. Is it possible to get IS to work in PPC? If you could get down to the bottom of PPC and into the room after OP with IS, I wonder if you could use it to get the energy tank and be on the other side of the bars. If so, you could go straight into the OP battle and save a horrendous amount of time in comparison to going to OP the long way.

Sorry if this has been tried already, but I don't know much about IS, and I'm hoping to contribute something.
Quote from smilingjack13:
If you could get down to the bottom of PPC and into the room after OP with IS, I wonder if you could use it to get the energy tank and be on the other side of the bars. If so, you could go straight into the OP battle and save a horrendous amount of time in comparison to going to OP the long way.
Getting the tank won't warp you to its location, nor does it trigger a cutscene, so the short answer is unfortunately no. :\
I run this here hotel of an evening
getting any item with IS doesn't activate a cutscene, so my question is this. what ways are there to get from IS back to normal, other than activating a cutscene or going into an elevator, if there are other ways?

also, what items can be gotten early using it? i'm thinkin artifacts mainly.
i know of the one 2 rooms from zee wave beam and the impact crater one
Nothing too great, but maybe someone can make use out of it:

I got IS in Phazon Mines in the Bombchu room (lower Ice door), as I wanted to try whether it could somehow get us up there. It (obviously) didn't do anything though. So I unmorphed and got the Light show thing. I then space jumped next to the Spider track and the screen made that effect it always does when you come close to a Bombchu. If you morph at the peak, you will get into the Morph Ball w/o the Light show. Unmophing gets the Light show back though.
The doors in the shaft are Ice doors,so I couldn't test whether you could go through them in the non-Light show morph ball mode.

I also remember something like that happening to me in Magmoor.
always move fast
there is a little block just to the right of the spider track (the second from the bottom) that you can stand on.  i dont really know how to get up there, but perhaps if you did you would be within the loading point of the next room.  then perhaps you could used said is to get the artifact of warrior?  perhaps...
To test whether that idea would work, you could go to the next room over from Sun and try the IS, see if you get Sun.

Or you could just get spider ball and climb until you hit the loading zone...
always move fast
yeah, you can get sun from the tunnel between chozo temple and wave room, and you can get shorelines missile from the tunnel between shorelines and elevator, so that shouldnt be a problem (assuming it works).  spiderball would be an excellent test though...
Quote from LeCoureur103:
Or you could just get spider ball and climb until you hit the loading zone...
I'm not even sure you can climb anything in IS since Spider Ball is also a trigger (and for you trivia freaks, the Death Ball in Echoes is in the same boat).  I didn't play with Spider much so I've forgotten how IS and Spider work together; good luck on that. Mr. Green
Hypothetically if you WERE going to do the IS there, where would you set it up? If it was in that room you could spider up, drop down, set up the IS, and have at it, but that seems unlikely...

But wait didn't someone find that IS DOESN'T trigger Artifact of Warrior? If that's true then this is all moot anyway.
I indeed tried IS yestersday in front of the door to the room with the artifact(Spiderballed up the room,nothing happened), but nothing happened.
I got IS at the door to Grapple beam. Be sure to shoot the Ice door at the bottom of the room first to get to the room with the spider track.
Hello :D I'm new there, but I've been visiting the forum for a long time.

I tried the glitch, and after some tests I've been able to use it (Oh joy :D) in the crater. If I understood well, MrPotter said that the glitch only collects item and do NOT activates cutscenes. When I tried the glitch in the crater, after I speedboosted, it gave me the first chozo artifact (that I didn't take earlier), and activated the cutscene, as MrPotter says. But then, I wanted to see what happens if I re-do the glitch again. That time, it directly activated the cutscene, without any item given :o

Also, I saw that "light show" thing. Actually it isn't light but it's all the polygons composing samus deformed and splashed on the screen ^^ I had the same bug in starfox..

Hehe

(Sorry for my weird english, I usually speak french :D)
Anywhere, everywhere
Quote from Tenchi:
I tried the glitch, and after some tests I've been able to use it (Oh joy :D) in the crater. If I understood well, MrPotter said that the glitch only collects item and do NOT activates cutscenes. When I tried the glitch in the crater, after I speedboosted, it gave me the first chozo artifact (that I didn't take earlier), and activated the cutscene, as MrPotter says. But then, I wanted to see what happens if I re-do the glitch again. That time, it directly activated the cutscene, without any item given :o

Yes, that's one of the only ones where it makes a cutscene happen. Don't know every place where one can happen, but I know if can be used to start op's come to life cutscene earlier.

And welcome! grin new
(user is banned)
Quote from Tenchi:
(Sorry for my weird english, I usually speak french :D)

your only weird english was having "there" instead of "here" at the start of your post... everything else was perfect, and i can understand the mistake, because i take* french in school. :P

*i have taken it for the past 7 years, but this coming year im not, taking up grade 11, 12 french in my senior year.