vv
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Acclaimed Threshold
Constant Sorrows
Quote from Spoo:
Looked awesome until I saw the "fucker beam".  :-s

Yeah, swearing just because you can was cool in middle school, but not so much now.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Since when was it cool in middle school?

But yeah, aside from the Fucker Beam and Shit Storm, I think that looks neat.
shrimp
and white wine
how could you not want to use a weapon called "fucker beam"?
Acclaimed Threshold
Constant Sorrows
Quote from Soap on a Rope:
how could you not want to use a weapon called "fucker beam"?

Maybe if its name had something to do with its function. Such a weapon would bring civilization to ruin.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
What if the name of the Fucker Beam does imply its function? What if it has sex with everything it shoots?!
Edit history:
Cardweaver: 2008-04-25 08:24:10 pm
Quote from uNsane:
What if the name of the Fucker Beam does imply its function? What if it has sex with everything it shoots?!

Oh dear god.... poor Kraid.

Edit: Looky what Acheron taught me how to do!

attachment:
Lols at the ironic emulator text.
I'll get around to posting a few, but first I need to change the pallets.
yeah, for whatever reason, my emulator always fails to take a screenshot, but then places a screenshot in the right folder...
Hated by all
Depends on your emulator. For most of the SNES 9X 1.43 or earlier series, it's probably in the same folder with the ROM. Others (like 1.51 Normal and some of the particular 1.43 Improvement Series) will take it in a snapshot folder.

Nice colors, though. You finally cracked the code for beam color palettes. cookie Now I have to watch The Da Vinci Code and crack it.

I wish there was a smiley with Fonz's line. You know: Ey! or something like that. Or else a Steve Urkel smiley in case you report that your hack crashes, it says "Did I do that?"
Acclaimed Threshold
Constant Sorrows
Quote from playerman1230:
Nice colors, though. You finally cracked the code for beam color palettes.

Yup, good work Cardweaver! laugh new
Hated by all
How did you manage to crack the code for the beam palette system? I'd like to see that in the help thread, or else here.
Acclaimed Threshold
Constant Sorrows
I don't know how he did it. He's a pretty smart guy. I sure hope he teaches me, oh boy oh boy.  :-D
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I seem to recall seeing something along the lines of Acheron saying $8-somethin-somethin-somethin being the beam palettes, and for all of them except the wave beam con trails. ;)
Hated by all
Quote from uNsane:
I seem to recall seeing something along the lines of Acheron saying $8-somethin-somethin-somethin being the beam palettes, and for all of them except the wave beam con trails. ;)

Well, I was aware of that trying to read over last night's IRC session, but I got tired too much. Maybe Kej and Jathys should add the colors to their notes.
We figured it out?  Aw man, I was searching last night after I logged off IRC till 1 AM.
Acclaimed Threshold
Constant Sorrows
Quote from playerman1230:

Well, I was aware of that trying to read over last night's IRC session, but I got tired too much. Maybe Kej and Jathys should add the colors to their notes.

](*,)
One shall stand, one shall ball.
Easy there dude, you could give yourself a concussion doing that. :-)
Acclaimed Threshold
Constant Sorrows
Quote from tomatobob:
Easy there dude, you could give yourself a concussion doing that. :-)

Yeah, I know, it's just... Sometimes, no matter how thick you think you're laying it on, you're just not thick enough...  Rolling Eyes

Heh. Oh well.
Hated by all
Quote from FirePhoenix0:
We figured it out?  Aw man, I was searching last night after I logged off IRC till 1 AM.

You're luckier than me. On the night of the 24th, I had to get out at 11:00 PM. I was playing Brawl last night for 3 hours.
Eschews avatars
Alright, I'm down with attention whoring. Here's a few early screens from Infer Metroid. And yes, I've changed the suit colors since; the death-yellow is now a serene lavender. Brought to you by my incredibly amazing technology (ZSNES screenshots transferred via ZIP Disk to a Mac without proper image-editng software)...

Hated by all
Not bad. How's progress? And I assumed you used the SABS editor built into SMILE, right?
I see some tiling errors but interesting nonetheless. This isn't going to be another one of those superridiculousdifficulty things though is it?
Eschews avatars
Tiling errors? I am flawless! Duly fixed; I honestly hadn't noticed before. It's about a quarter done, with about 60% of the map and room designs in my head. Summer should speed the development considerably. And no, difficulty is approximately on par with Limit, with no glitches required. And yeah, I can't get TLP to work, so no editing beyond palettes for me...
Quote from Acheron86:
Quote from Spoo:
Looked awesome until I saw the "fucker beam".  :-s

Yeah, swearing just because you can was cool in middle school, but not so much now.

This hack is not intended to be a game. This is basically a minihack which will be released with the source code and some documentation explaining my asm and other editing. This way people can learn from it, and hopefully we'll start to see more hacks that go beyond the simple palette/graphics editing Wink
Eschews avatars
Very neat! When do you expect to be finished?