<- 123456
^^
vv
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Super Secret Area - Dead Ahead!
Quote from Sadiztik Fish:
Completely unrelated, but how do I put text into Spoiler tags, so that it might say something else other than just spoiler on the button? eg "SPOILER: CLICK HERE" (not actually that but I've seen it done here)

You need to insert the text within the first tag, like so: [ spoiler=Pic of my Room.png ] (no spaces), and then just close it in the normal manner.

Go ahead. Stare.
Your hack keeps looking better Fishy. I can't wait to actually play the thing and see this new stuff you have got added in!
OMG FLAN!!!!!!!
Update finally!! extra_smug

I've finished Legna, the boss of Incintyra (fire area). He uses Phantoon's AI, but looks completely different, so I thought a new name deemed necessary. Ridley is still in the game, but hiding somewhere else...
I had a few issues with his AI, and huge thanks to Kejardon, so that's all been sorted out. grin new

Anyway here's a map of what I've done so far. Sepulcre is an area that joins up to Cathedral, Solaria, and Incintyra. So it sort of wraps around the map. Dantae hasn't even been started yet, but it's the moon of whatever the planet is called (Zebes I guess laugh new, until I figure out how to change the text from the blocky map screen. The one at the start of the game and when loading from a save).

For obvious reasons I've removed all the parts that are not revealed by a map station.

attachment:
Bah, I knew all my original ideas would be used up before I release my hack. Just a few left to topple... but a couple of years should take care of that :P
Edit history:
Sadiztik Fish: 2009-06-01 03:55:47 am
OMG FLAN!!!!!!!
Update time!

I've added a whole new area to Solaria. So I'm still in the process of doing those rooms. I've been thinking ahead and I've chosen them as an escape route. I think it's turned out pretty well. It would seem like you're going the right way, till you find everything blocked off, and you need to find another way off the planet.

As of now there are 3 different paths you can take from the start. 1 is easy by comparison (and is the intended route, but underwater), the second is pretty hard (also underwater), third takes you to another area, but it's dry. I'm gonna need a lot of testing to make sure you can't get stuck anywhere.

My task is now to remove the heat protection from Gravity. It will probably be possible to get Gravity before Varia in this, and that's why I need to do it. My map layout means I can't make Varia necessary to get Gravity, so I'll make them both necessary to find, in any order. I know quite a few people would like to do this, so as soon as I accomplish it, I'll release it as a public patch/asm. The only issue I can't possibly think of is that I would have to remove lava protection as well, and give that to Varia.
So if I'm successful, Varia will protect from heat and lava, but will not affect gravity. Gravity suit will cause Gravity to be the same between water/lava and air. Heat/lava will still hurt you though, unless you have Varia.
A question though, Varia protects from 25% damage and Gravity from 50%. Is gravity 50% because it's actually only 25% and accounts for Varia as well, or does it protect from 50% and disable Varia?

Also trying to make a second teaser. I've been having problems with Windows Movie maker though, and it keeps freezing, so that may not get done. I won't be showing Legna though. Some people saw it on JZD cause I wanted some feedback, and they thought it was pretty good, so there's no need to show any more.

Bosses placed:

Draygon (with help from DSO about the turrets)
Legna
Torizo
Gold Torizo
Ridley
Devilspawn (Spore Spawn remake, adequately named)
Botwoon (now called Volgoon, from VOLcano, and OON from Botwoon. You can probably guess where this boss is located)

Trying to incorparate a Croc that goes crazy when you attack him with Powerbombs, but not sure how I can do that, unless I reverse the room, so you have to bring him towards you. But then I need to put obstacles in the way and all sorts, other wise it'd be too easy.
Not sure if I'm even going to use Kraid at all. Even though he's a Metroid original, he doesn't fit in with the theme of the game IMO. The hack is centered mainly around dark and evil, and having a bright green boss somewhere might be kinda weird. I might put him in a secret area, just to make the game more complete, but it would certainly not be necessary to find him, or easy. Maybe just for 100%.

Also another random note:
When I chose the name for Legna, I actually had no idea there was a .dll file called "legna" in SMILE. Maybe I saw it, and didn't realise at the time. So I'm asking Jathys (if he reads this) if he doesn't mind if I keep the name Legna. If he would prefer me to change it I'll do so. But I thought I'd better ask. I just saw the file last week and thought, wow coincidence!

I think that's pretty much it for now... If there's anything else I'll post it up later.

EDIT:
And a screenshot of a really big room.

attachment:

It would seem like you're going the right way, till you find everything blocked off, and you need to find another way off the planet.

You're definitely living up to your screen name with that one.
Quote:
Varia protects from 25% damage and Gravity from 50%. Is gravity 50% because it's actually only 25% and accounts for Varia as well, or does it protect from 50% and disable Varia?

Actually Varia is 50% reduction and Gravity takes it to 75%. I forget where the code is but it should be easy to find. It does one LSR (binary divide by two) to the damage value if you have Varia equipped and two if you have Gravity. Gravity doesn't disable Varia at all, otherwise Mother Brain would do 6 E-tanks of damage if you had Gravity on.
Go ahead. Stare.
Another update! So far it sounds like my type of Metroid hack, somewhat difficult but mostly based on blind exploration. Plus with all the new stuff you're doing I can't wait to play it and see all the stuff you have done.
OMG FLAN!!!!!!!
Quote from Opium:
It would seem like you're going the right way, till you find everything blocked off, and you need to find another way off the planet.

You're definitely living up to your screen name with that one.

Lol. MB isn't going to be on the planet, so I need to think of some other way to trigger the exploding zebes. Good thing I have an excellent idea (those tiny annoying Maridian flying enemies are finally going to come to some use, by killing themselves!)

I don't actually expect anyone to understand what I mean by that, but it will make sense later :)
. . .
You could always maually run the escape timer like DSO did in AFC!  (This requires a tiny bit of ASM, but eh...)
Of course, ATM we don't know how to fix the gfx for the timer... hopefully we will have that figured out soon.
Actually Rakki told me how to set up the gfx for that timer, so any new timer should be perfectly readable. I like how people can't see how much time they have left in AFC though >_>
Time bomb set get out fast!
Sadiztik Fish has asked me to close this thread so he can start a fresh one without the accumulated clutter.  Look for that shortly.