<- 123456 ->
^^
vv
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
OMG FLAN!!!!!!!
That blue in the bottom left looks good in-game, but it sometimes kind of looks a bit empty (compared to the other areas I've made). I'm aiming for no boring (no scenery or puzzles) rooms.
Green-Kirby, ROAR!
I would say top left.
Super Secret Area - Dead Ahead!
Well, I prefer the top right-hand one.  As before, I prefer clarity with what's 'level', and what's 'background', but it's not always clear in screenshots, so it's hard to judge accurately.
(sic)
I say the top-right one as well. It just looks better alongside the palette you have in that area.
OMG FLAN!!!!!!!
Added a poll.
Edit history:
Sadiztik Fish: 2009-03-14 05:59:44 am
OMG FLAN!!!!!!!
Well I haven't posted in this thread for a while. Got a trailer now! Enjoy.

Though there's only 3 different areas shown in the trailer, I have finalised a fourth area (which I've shown several pics of), and I'm still working on a fifth, but I have a general idea. Just so you know there isn't only 3 different areas. There's going to be six, cause I haven't started the final area yet.

EDIT: And apparently the video is "no longer available" for me. WTF? Well I've had this problem with other people's videos and other people can still see them, but if no one can see it I'll upload it again.
Edit history:
SMILEuser96: 2009-03-14 10:40:55 am
Samus...? Is that you?
Looks good. Another hack i can't wait to play. (I think there's 4-6 hacks i can't wait to play right now)
And that ''Video no longer available''-thingy can be fixed easily - update the page. (Click blue circle in the tool bar) Happens pretty often to me.

I watched the video again, and 1:16 - What the heck is that?!
I was able to watch the video just fine. It looked really good by the way! Love the new graphics, and design. Applause
Phazon Vasteel Autobot
I liked the video, what was the thing that appeared at 1:16
I presume it's a replacement for Spore Spawn, as it enters straight down, whereas Ridley (the only one who comes close) is already in the room.
Awesome, fishy. :)
That enemy at 1:16 HAS to be spore spawn or a custom enemy, because ridley doesn't move straight downwards all slow like that.
that's a nice looking enemy there, either way:D
OMG FLAN!!!!!!!
Yes it is indeed SS (well not SS, but I've used his AI). The only problem with it is his death animation. It still turns to stone when killed, but I'd really much rather if it exploded like most other bosses, I just have no idea how to do so. It's not the enemy DNA I think, unless it's something on the far right in the editor. I'm not sure what they do.

But I'm thinking of making another new boss anyway. Maybe I'll redraw Draygon... hmmm? Then of course I need to change the EBI as well (well I think they're EBI, the green mini-Draygons)
Destroyer of Pirates
they are Evir, and awesome redraw of SS, i cant wait to see more  Very Happy 
Edit history:
Sadiztik Fish: 2009-03-16 03:33:25 am
OMG FLAN!!!!!!!
Well after searching through the ROM several times, I realised Draygons GFX were in the tileset. But after seeing how they're put together, it'll be much too hard to edit his GRX effectively. So instead I'm changing something else, which means new video in a week hopefully grin new.

There's still a problem with "SS"s palette change afterwartds though, cause Cathedral uses 2 different palettes. Well I guess I can just take out the BG... Rolling Eyes

EDIT:

Ok I fixed the palette problem. The room no longer changes color when the boss is killed so it's all good. I still would rather he explodes, but Jathys said it would require ASM, and I have no idea how I would use ASM for an enemy, so I'll leave him there. He doesn't look to bad though.

I do have a rather large problem though, and I'm not sure if I caused it or what. In the room I've put "SS", if I go up to the top (it's a 1x3 room) and touch the top left door (2 doors at top, one bottom left), the bottom screen no longer scrolls. Why? I have no idea, because there is NO scroll plm there, or anywhere in the room. WTF lol fail. It's room 7CBD5. Used to be a WS room but I used it for 2 states. Turns out the second state doesn't load after killing him anyway cause he's not from Maridia.
(user is banned)
Breathe in the Future, Breathe out the Past
Wow that was a great teaser video! I'm excited to see where this goes  grin new
I love that teaser!  It has that mysterious sci-fi flavor to it, like you don't know what will happen.
Fear Me! (Or else...)
I agree. Sorry for maintaining radio silence for so long. Are those new graphics on SS, or a new enemy entirely? Also, I do like your morphball graphics. I never really got how a human could crouch into such a small, crunched shape, and then just be energy on the inside (see the Metroid Prime series and beyond, where you can see into the morphball). Yours showed some depth on the helmet! Oh, and I couldn't be sure, but did it rotate in the other direction when you looked that way, or was it just the video itself?
OMG FLAN!!!!!!!
OMG I ACTUALLY WAS ABLE TO WATCH MY OWN VIDEO!!!!!!!!!

Usually I can't see 99% of youtube vids, even my own. I forgot how different that teaser is to my amped up one. And I hadn't changed the suit palettes for the game yet.

@BG
Yep all new graphics, same AI. I'd prefer if I could make him explode when he dies, but it's ok from what I've done with his AI. I made it so he doesn't fade the room when he dies, so it's all good with the room palette.
The morphball does indeed rotate the other way when you change direction. I'll send you a patch if you like.
Quote from Sadiztik Fish:
The morphball does indeed rotate the other way when you change direction. I'll send you a patch if you like.

I understand that you've changed the sprite, but doesn't the Morph Ball normally rotate both ways? I just assumed it was more pronounced in your video because of the different colours.
Fear Me! (Or else...)
Huh. I don't really need it, because with my graphics, it doesn't really matter, but it does look interesting. Also, I noticed that it was apparently slowed down, as well. Was this so you could actually see the graphics?
OMG FLAN!!!!!!!
Actually I slowed down that segment so it would last longer. I wanted the appearance of the boss to match up with that "dunnnn" in the music, just before the choir comes in. But the morphball always rotates yes. You can just see it better with my graphics.
Edit history:
Sadiztik Fish: 2009-04-08 04:03:50 am
OMG FLAN!!!!!!!
Well... I've gotten a bit done since last update. Done a few more rooms, drawn more for the maps, finished the palettes for all enemies and sprites, fixed up some ASM, drawn graphics for the Supply Station (ASM by MoogleEmperor I believe). Here's a vid showing my Gravity Suit palette and GFX for Supply Station.

The video isn't very clear, so I attached a picture showing what it actually looks like. The middle orb stays the same, but there's liquid or gas (whatever you like) swirling around the outside. Like a lava lamp!

Completely unrelated, but how do I put text into Spoiler tags, so that it might say something else other than just spoiler on the button? eg "SPOILER: CLICK HERE" (not actually that but I've seen it done here)

What'd you say?
So how far would you say you are at this point? I've been awaiting this release for quite awhile; it's looking really good!
OMG FLAN!!!!!!!
Sory but this won't be done for about another 4 - 5 months at least. I'm not a really fast hacker like a few people here, but I have school holidays coming up in a week, so I should get a whole lot done.
I'd say I'm about 40% done on room design, 90% for palettes (I might make a few changes later), Map layout 80%, new graphics and stuff about 90%. Plus I've got 2 new bosses (using orignal SM AI, but they feel / look completely different and have different weaknesses and stuff). I'd like to change all the bosses, but I'll leave Ridley alone, since he's in a lot of metroid games, and it ain't metroid without him. Though it is very hard to draw enemies over 2 or 3 layers, which most of the bosses are.

So I'd say I'm about halfway done? But I'm happy you like it :)
What'd you say?
Sorry but this won't be done for about another 4 - 5 months at least.

That bites.  Sad
I'd say I'm about 40% done on room design, 90% for palettes (I might make a few changes later), Map layout 80%, new graphics and stuff about 90%. Plus I've got 2 new bosses (using orignal SM AI, but they feel / look completely different and have different weaknesses and stuff). I'd like to change all the bosses, but I'll leave Ridley alone, since he's in a lot of metroid games, and it ain't metroid without him. Though it is very hard to draw enemies over 2 or 3 layers, which most of the bosses are.

Sounds amazing! I can't wait.