^^
vv
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Edit history:
Crys: 2009-05-23 12:08:05 pm
Green-Kirby, ROAR!
Ice metal is a full hack of the game Super Metroid.

And yeah... I will let videos and screen shots do the talking for me. ^.^;

Trailer(s):

Random progress bar:
-------------------------
Frosty Forest: 94%
Sea Sewers: 100%      2008-10-22 Date when done!
Icicle Ice: 5%                   
Steam fair: 98%
Poison Point: 56%
Mega Mountain: 100%                2008-09-29 Date when done!
Pure Poison: 15%               
Dark Dawn: 0%           
-------------------------

Yay more %age!
Thread title: 
Yo.
Quote from Crys:
I'm not going make a big post for this.

Looks like the size of one of my "normal" posts, to me.

And, uh, good luck working on this hack. Please, don't make me think of jokes while I wait quote-on-quote years for this hack. Aegis has it's fair share. In short, the longer you take to finish this hack, the more I'll think of. Consider that my incentives to you, Ma'am.
I'm hoping this thread will last more than a week.
good luck with ice metal!

classic2 looks bad..
everything else looks fine.
The core... Hell... hmmm nope, not a Cavestory reference at all! (?)

Who I'm kidding, cavestory owns xd.
Green-Kirby, ROAR!
Thanks for comment, I still take in ideas for palette. If you got an idea of a good palette for one of my areas. Do say! =)

Next up is sewers:
NSMB <- what I am using right now.
Classic
Red

Notice, The hack will come in 4 difficulties.
Normal - Hard - Spikes - Free

Normal is the one I am doing first. For hard every thing is harder. In spikes version I add in all that hard got, and add spike and some insaine skill abuse. Whats free mode? Well let's just say time will tell. :)
Sewers... without water? *hint hint*
Yo.
Quote from Crys:
NSMB

Doesn't look anything like New Super Mario Brothers to me.

Quote from Crys:
Flickerbat the emo stuff. I'm back, (plural of synonym of female dog.)

Announcing your return to hacking is "emo?"

Good luck with those Tilesets, BTW. Entirely new graphics seem to draw people to hacks like bees to nectar. Seeing anything different than regular old Zebes is an eye-saver (well, except some people's snow, but I'm not saying names. And palette changes don't count, of course.)
Green-Kirby, ROAR!
Quote from ZephyrZx:
Sewers... without water? *hint hint*

The water is moving up and down; if you wonder why there is no water in the first pic but in the others.

Quote from Zhs2:
Quote from Crys:
NSMB

Doesn't look anything like New Super Mario Brothers to me.

Good luck with those Tilesets, BTW. Entirely new graphics seem to draw people to hacks like bees to nectar. Seeing anything different than regular old Zebes is an eye-saver (well, except some people's snow, but I'm not saying names. And palette changes don't count, of course.)

The tiles are eye-eye ripped form NSMB. That was the closest palette I got when I first made the tiles. But yeah, it's just my name of the palette blend.

Thanks for the comments, You don't know how much comments mean to me!
Edit history:
Zhs2: 2008-09-30 03:18:57 pm
Yo.
You're very welcome. Bloodsonic's policy is to not release a hack unless every single tile in his scenery gfx looks different (excepting some Crateria tiles...)

I haven't played NSMB for quite some time, but those sewer tiles still don't make me think anything NSMB-like.

@ ZephyrZX: How do you know the water won't come later? I haven't seen any toilets on Zebes, no matter how many times I'd played Super Metroid.
So, you're telling me that the chozo inhabitants, who are really evolved and smart, and had almost an utopia in each planet they went, didn't have ANY toilets? think about that ;D
Maybe they don't need them.
Edit history:
Zhs2: 2008-09-21 05:26:04 pm
Yo.
Perhaps they were so smart, they figured out a way to vaporize - or otherwise dispose of - their waste products without a system as unnecessary as a sewer.

Enough topic derailment, though. After all, it's only speculation, and Teh Lawd knows you can argue that forever on the internet. Keep working, G-Krys! (<- Just thought up your new nickname. I don't know why I like to nickname people either, so don't ask.)

@ G_Met, down there: LURK MOAR
The main reason of my post was to put this topic in my unread replies.  I think it looks pretty good, but I know next to nothing about hacks.  I'm just wondering why the first part of the video is in B&W.
Acclaimed Threshold
Constant Sorrows
Don't make contentless posts. If you want to keep an eye on a thread, use the "Notify" option. If you want it marked as read, use the "Marked as Read" option.
Watching the trailer i saw something, you're using Fusion's E-tanks and stuff sprites for the items?, also, the plamsa thingies, bombus, or w/e they are called (the ones that follow samus if you charge the beam in Metroid Prime) in the trailer remind me of those membranes in fusion that you need either missiles, supers or powerbombs arranged like that.
Green-Kirby, ROAR!
Quote from ZephyrZx:
Watching the trailer i saw something, you're using Fusion's E-tanks and stuff sprites for the items?, also, the plamsa thingies, bombus, or w/e they are called (the ones that follow samus if you charge the beam in Metroid Prime) in the trailer remind me of those membranes in fusion that you need either missiles, supers or powerbombs arranged like that.

Yeah, I'm using the fusion e-tanks and missiles. I did draw a custom super missile tank in that style too.

Too keep you up to date though; I made a new room for the forest area, I am working on kraids area at the moment though.

You may think I got many areas. That's because I have no map in-game so... I can make my areas how big/small I want them to be.

Room designing is fun for me. So I can make my rooms quite fast. It's just the other stuff like GFX that bogs me down.
Oh well, back to work!  Rolling Eyes

PS: I do update the bar in my first post so it is up to date.
Quote from Crys:
Quote from ZephyrZx:

Yeah, I'm using the fusion e-tanks and missiles. I did draw a custom super missile tank in that style too.

Too keep you up to date though; I made a new room for the forest area, I am working on kraids area at the moment though.

You may think I got many areas. That's because I have no map in-game so... I can make my areas how big/small I want them to be.

Room designing is fun for me. So I can make my rooms quite fast. It's just the other stuff like GFX that bogs me down.
Oh well, back to work!  Rolling Eyes

PS: I do update the bar in my first post so it is up to date.

Bolded part, so that means your hack wont have a map, or it hasn't a map right now?
Edit history:
Crys: 2008-09-22 01:05:51 pm
Green-Kirby, ROAR!
Quote from ZephyrZx:
Bolded part, so that means your hack wont have a map, or it hasn't a map right now?

Correct!
My hack don't use a map. But let's just say I put the map screen to good use... 

Edit: in other news. I can't figure out how to get that tank. Any one wanna help me?
I really like the classic sewer colors.
Also, "free version"?
I hope you don't plan on trying to get us to pay for anything! Evil or Very Mad

about the missiles...

MUST.
BOMB.
EVERYTHING!
Edit history:
Crys: 2009-05-16 04:21:56 am
Green-Kirby, ROAR!
Quote from Bloodsonic:
I really like the classic sewer colors.
Also, "free version"?
I hope you don't plan on trying to get us to pay for anything! Evil or Very Mad

about the missiles...

MUST.
BOMB.
EVERYTHING!

I can't charge you any thing to play, relax! =P
Beside I don't do this to make money.

And yeah, I might stick with the classic sewers palette; I like that one a lot my self.
attachment:
(sic)
Is the left wall fake? If not, then there's a morph ball passageway on the right-hand side leading to the missiles.

Like what you've done with the snow tiles. And I'd say stick with the classic palette for the sewer tiles.
Quote from Crys:
I can't charge you any thing to play, relax! =P
Beside I don't do this to make money.

good! I have heard of cases like that, and was hoping you weren't trying it.
So.. I hope the free is there for something like freedom.
Ya know, a nonlinear hack? Those are the best! or at least, are going to be.
Aegis and eris are going to be. I think. But my next hack will be nonlinear!

basically what I'm trying to say is, I hope this hack can be "go where you want, do what you want as long as you can survive."
Crys, i might be thinking way too much out of the box but... any blocks near that missile are enemy breakable blocks? D:
Fear Me! (Or else...)
Enemy breakable? Haven't heard that one yet. What is it? Also, I'll try to keep an eye on this one from now on. I noticed it in the first thread you made about it, and it looks good. I like your level design, for one. Also, is that black/red suit the gravity, or the varia? Because in the video, I see the regular suit, the original varia suit, and that black suit, but I also see you have it in the room where the gravity suit is. Just curious.
Enemy breakable as in, those can only be destroyed by enemy contact, like the ones used in revolution ex at the end with the mini metroid.