List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Edit history:
Crys: 2009-11-10 07:59:53 am
Acheron: 2009-10-13 11:41:35 am
Green-Kirby, ROAR!
pie

I have seen for to many hack or demo topic with out screen shots or any video. Not that it matter much for most here but I prefer some sort of media before I download.
Any way, this topic was made as a general topic to post screen shots or videos of your hack(s) in case you don't want to make a topic just yet but want to show of and get feedback.

Any one can post screen shots and videos here and leave comments on media already posted! :3
Since the topic did just start I will try and reply to all posts and give positive and negative feedback.

I will also start with posting a few screens of my new (WIP) tile set.

Happy posting! >;D
Thread title: 
. . .
I like the tiles, but the backgrounds kind of... green
Hated by all
Wow, you made a woods setting.
(user is banned)
Breathe in the Future, Breathe out the Past
"Where is my wine!"

Green-Kirby, ROAR!
DMantra: Now this screen looks cool from this point. It will be smaller in game so you can't see the whole thing at the same time.
Though it looks cool indeed, If you made the normal font on a layer behind samus you could use this room for a cool boss battle that would give you some thing to exit the room below.
But since there are no monsters or PLMs show I have no idea what you have planed for this room.

As you know though, I am not a big fan of they's types of hacks. But it is art, just different.
How ever... I do suggest some pallet modification to tweak some things up. Try get some thing that matches the music in the area! :3

The two layer spike looks bad though, But I am counting on that you only see one in-game! :)
(user is banned)
Quote from Green-Kirby:
DMantra: Now this screen looks cool from this point. It will be smaller in game so you can't see the whole thing at the same time.
Though it looks cool indeed, If you made the normal font on a layer behind samus you could use this room for a cool boss battle that would give you some thing to exit the room below.
But since there are no monsters or PLMs show I have no idea what you have planed for this room.

As you know though, I am not a big fan of they's types of hacks. But it is art, just different.
How ever... I do suggest some pallet modification to tweak some things up. Try get some thing that matches the music in the area! :3

The two layer spike looks bad though, But I am counting on that you only see one in-game! :)

It could almost be considered a boss room, as the door below the Brin is enemy clear grey, and the enemies are brutal, think Cardweavers Mini Kraid HP, but more mobile, deadly to the touch, and about 4 more of them.

I found a perfect setting for the music, using the games musical glitches when music doesn't match the FX palette, so you get this eerie breathing effect, as if the King in the center is watching your battle.. breathing.
Almost happy
Quote from DMantra:
It could almost be considered a boss room, as the door below the Brin is enemy clear grey, and the enemies are brutal, think Cardweavers Mini Kraid HP, but more mobile, deadly to the touch, and about 4 more of them.

Ki-hunters? (First thing that came to my mind)
Or Elite Pirates (though they don't really fit in the enviroment)
Hated by all
Well, I'm impressed. I would love to see Four Red Pirates in there that take 15 Missiles to kill (think like DrewSeph's Purple Elites)
(user is banned)
They're actually GERUDAs.
Quote from DMantra:

Oh dear god...
Quote from Cardweaver:
Quote from DMantra:

Oh dear god...

What's a geruda?  aiwebs_016
(user is banned)
Quote from Spoo:
Quote from Cardweaver:
Quote from DMantra:

Oh dear god...

What's a geruda?  aiwebs_016

they deal decent damage to suitless unchanged, but are also harder to avoid than most enemies if their speed is right.

Thus:
Quote from Cardweaver:
Quote from DMantra:
GERUDAs.

Oh dear god...
The thing is, they don't feel large and imposing enough. Needs more ki hunters =/
the metroid is a lie !
since this is a screen shot topic im gonna post one of my hack.
and its the follow up to the mini hack containment that i done.
not got a solid new name yet but i might still go with containment. :D

Had to happen eventually I guess. I'm almost done with it, so I'll give you a taste:

Edit: Just realized all of these say that it failed to take the screenshot... LIES!!!

Acclaimed Threshold
Constant Sorrows
Quote from CarDeDeDe:
Had to happen eventually I guess. I'm almost done with it, so I'll give you a taste:

Edit: Just realized all of these say that it failed to take the screenshot... LIES!!!

Hehe. Nifty stuff. You like your lava/acid, don't you?
Last one looks like it could be seizure inducing :3
Every Bit Counts
heh, I remeber going through those rooms in Soup. The room in the secound pic annoyed me.

Here are some Crazy spoilers (not many rooms lol).

Almost happy
Lol at the crazy pictures... I don't think many are going to play through it all (I definetely will though, if I don't get stuck for reasons beyond challenge) Perhaps it will make a decent TAS if it is linear enough for me to work out a route grin new

Also soup looks interesting, but that last picture reminds me of your gravy croc area... And I had siezures for months after that :|
Edit history:
Cardweaver: 2008-04-16 07:35:55 am
Quote from Acheron86:
Quote from CarDeDeDe:

Hehe. Nifty stuff. You like your lava/acid, don't you?

Actually, the last two pics are rooms with water, not acid.

Took me a moment to catch, but "CarDeDeDe"?  laugh new

Quote from Cpadolf:
Lol at the crazy pictures... I don't think many are going to play through it all (I definetely will though, if I don't get stuck for reasons beyond challenge) Perhaps it will make a decent TAS if it is linear enough for me to work out a route grin new

Also soup looks interesting, but that last picture reminds me of your gravy croc area... And I had siezures for months after that :|

I promise that the palettes work much better this time around, no more blindingly bright liquids, everything is a bit more.... calm. I like to think I learned my lesson after the wrecked ship area.

edit: Ah... my good buddy pagebreak. It's been a while.

edit 2: Crazy does indeed look crazy, though I don't think its for me. I loathed the beginning of impossible, and had a hard time with it; Crazy may just kill me.
Crazy looks like it should be called Super Metroid Spikes instead  laugh new
Every Bit Counts
well, the olny real way to make the beggining hard in half-hacks is to add alot of spikes. Dont worry though, the whole hack wouln't have just spikes. Also, no Ceres or Suitless Norfair.
Hated by all
Making hacks like this makes a lot of wide slaughterhouses. Have suitless Norfair and you'll be in an oven full of cookies, pies, cakes, and chickens.
Acclaimed Threshold
Constant Sorrows
Quote from Fano7:
well, the olny real way to make the beggining hard in half-hacks is to add alot of spikes. Dont worry though, the whole hack wouln't have just spikes. Also, no Ceres or Suitless Norfair.

I feel like there's much better ways to do this than "you die here if you screw up". Just making a really tough series of bomb jumps or something should be sufficient. I'm not the best judge, though, because I absolutely detest spikes.