<- 12
^^
vv
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
But how do you get to green bubble room?  When I get off of the norfair elevator and go right, I run into a grey door.
You can get there through long tunnel with Speed Booster blocks (after Save room). The blocks are shootable now. And there is several floors in room where you came from Brinstar. You can also travel there.

And what about Hi-Jump Boots? You'll need them in Maridia

Another bugfix from me. Some BTS placed right. And gameplay fix in Maridia (if you enter from upper part of Brinstar).
attachment:
Quote from JAM:
You can get there through long tunnel with Speed Booster blocks (after Save room). The blocks are shootable now. And there is several floors in room where you came from Brinstar. You can also travel there.

I can't figure out how to get to the lower part of the main shaft in norafir though, it's bisected by a silver barrier.  ????

Quote from JAM:

yeah i have hi-jump
Another permastuck, in the Old Mother Brain's room. After taking the morphball, you can come back here and get stuck between the blocks, having to restart all again.
I quit playing this.  It mostly just seemed like a thrown-together half hack with random barriers put in place to impede your progress, none of which were particularly clever puzzles.
Edit history:
JAM: 2009-09-18 10:58:00 am
Quote from Opium:
I can't figure out how to get to the lower part of the main shaft in norafir though, it's bisected by a silver barrier.  ????

You can bomb up silver tubes in several places. To travel between floors, bomb up blocks is the center. To enter the doors, bomb up tubes upper or lower from doors. Or you can just lay a Power Bomb =)

Bosses are challenge now. It took me about 40 minutes to kill Phantoon with missiles only. Botwoon fight was lasting 15-20 minutes. Draygon is very touch. With 4 beams it took me about 45 minutes to kill him. I had 11 Energy Tanks and I had to even perfome Crystal flash twice. Second one was interrupted by boss =) Result is a white beam and ability to Super Jump anytime.

Weapons are starting transorming into energy, but since the process was interrupted, then untransoformed power became shinespark =)

attachments:
Edit history:
Dark099: 2009-09-29 02:46:23 pm
I everyone I see that everyone have a problem with my hack

JAM : Now I'm stuck too.

I skipped Bomb Torizo and Spore Spawn.
Now I am before Kraid.
I can't get to him because I need bombs.
I can't enter Norfair. Same problem.
And I can't go back.

I think you should don't let player leave Crateria until he or she will beat Bomb Torizo

In this point I'm completly stuck

Answer : I don't know why you stuck,bomb torizo is on the same place that original and nothing stop you to go there and Spawn Spore nothing too there have nothing that block to go there

I play my hack to resolve the problem of each of you and I beat bomb torizo and Spawn Spore easily without problem

JAM:

There are more places where you can stuck without some items. Use savestates. Bosses are harder, some enemies are need special items to be destroyed. This is cool if enemy invularable to everything but missiles attacks you and you have only 10 missiles and single Enegry Tank.

All items are replaced. Don't know, where to find Spazer, for example, if you play this first time. Some items were found in unexpectable places.

It's good to play but it still needs some improvement
EDIT. Since, there is no news from creator, I've fixed a few bugs for a better gameplay. See attach. For unheadered ROM.

Another place when you stucked. Square BTS block isn't here (fixed too)

Answer : Impossible you stuck if you have not the items,I test my hack for that problem and take 30m to see carefully in each room and play the hack 12 time in a row without problem,in the wrecked ship yes is hard you 1 energy tank but this hack is Strategie you must find all missile before go so far and take all energy tank,many time you must go back in your ship and recharge.Take your time and explore the game,look everywhere carefully the goal of my hack is not the same of the original you must take your time and advance little by little is not a race.The Spazer is in crateria where the ship of Samus is completely in up where in the original was a power bomb.No they have no bug in my hack in not in the place you tell me sorry I take care in this place and see if the player can be stuck there in Samus have no problem to roll in ball and return up

JAM :

Another bugfix from me. Some BTS placed right. And gameplay fix in Maridia (if you enter from upper part of Brinstar).

Answer : Like I said they have no bug in my hack and the Hi-jump boot is in the room in Brinstar that you must have the speed booster in the original game where is the elevator you remember? look upstair and shoot just before the door where they have a super missile in the original.The Meridia you must enter in the little passage in The Red Brinstar where they have the elevator look in right in the wall is there they have Pirates in green you must have super missile to go there and continue to find the gravity suit

OPIUM : I can't figure out how to get to the lower part of the main shaft in norafir though, it's bisected by a silver barrier.  ????

Answer : They have two entrance here,1.bomb the passage down and take the door,in the other side they have a barrier but bomb the ground to go of the other side but is not good to go there without the varia suit and without power because they have enemy here that is strong.2.the main passage is to jump on the block and destroy the block,they have the save and continue that way 

perfectnote : Another permastuck, in the Old Mother Brain's room. After taking the morphball, you can come back here and get stuck between the blocks, having to restart all again

Answer : Impossible if the block reapire in you stuck you must shoot in diagonal to destroy it but if you are in a ball(I don't know for what reason someone go there and put samus in a ball?) is not my problem if you do that

DonnyDonovan : I quit playing this.  It mostly just seemed like a thrown-together half hack with random barriers put in place to impede your progress, none of which were particularly clever puzzles.

Answer : Hello! are you someone that never touch a game in the life?????? or you brain is not fast? Is normal that have a barrier and puzzle is Metroid the game is that is the concept of Metroid 1,2,3,Metroid Prime 1,2,3 each Metroid is that.

That kind of game is call RPG game for role playing game and that kind of game is to find items and upgrade to advance in the game

Please don't touch a game again if you not like to play videogame thank you 

1.I played 12 times in row to see if there are a bug somewhere and I fix it all,I don't understand why you stuck

2.Yes the items is hard to find because is can be placed in good place by example the Hi jump boots is in the room in right the green door when you down with the elevator the room that in the original need speed booster you know what I'm talking about when you have super missile and when you enter this room you think that have no more items here just missile wrong look up and shoot is there

2.I block many road to allow you to use other road that in original we never use that allow you to play more longer

3.the enemy have a color with this you know what weapon you most use for destroy him

4.the boss can be hard but I change many think like that allow you to find all items or be more prepare to fight the boss  by example Phantoon there have 1 energy thank in cratéria, 2 in the room in wrecked ship.If you go there with 1 energy thank is realy sure that you never able to beat him you must use strategie and find all items that is useful for boss or area

Is not useful to go fast and finish the game in 3 hour,I make the game that allow you to finish it in 6 hour or more

I make this hack for the player that like Startégie you must play in think if or not you able to go there or there or if you are enough strong to fight this boss or you go back and find all items before

example : Dragoon is very hard because I make that the player must find all energy tank,weapons,items,supply before fight him because is the last boss

the boss take time to beat but if you find the vulnerability that i make of everyone you beat every boss easily

5.The look of the game i try to make him beautiful very beautiful with enemy a placed in room and the color of everyone

6.Other think that i change is the useful of each items each area need a items to go there if you have not go back and find it,certainly if you have not the good items you go be stuck is really normal in a game

If you have a question about something comme back here and i answer it with pleasure
Dark099
I've beat it. 08:34 with 96%. Now I'm trying to do a second attempt.
What's the max amount of weapons? 180, 75, 75 or 170, 80, 80?

Quote from Dark099:
I don't know why you stuck,bomb torizo is on the same place that original and nothing stop you to go there and Spawn Spore nothing too there have nothing that block to go there

I play my hack to resolve the problem of each of you and I beat bomb torizo and Spawn Spore easily without problem

Yeah, but if someone see the way to skip bomb Torizo to return to him later and decided to go that way, he will stuck in first room of Norfair. He will be able to beat Kraid, but the one and only way to return is to continue going up in large shaft in red Brinstar (room 7A253). But without bombs or Spring Ball player won't be able to pass a maze in next room (7A2F7).

Mid-air morphing ball isn't humanly possible if height is only 3 blocks (TAS'ers are don't count).
Quote from JAM:
Mid-air morphing ball isn't humanly possible if height is only 3 blocks (TAS'ers are don't count).

Sure it is.  I don't have the room in front of me, but you can mid-air morph in a passage that samus can fully stand in.  I do it by walljumping off of the opposite side.
Quote from Xaggoth:
I don't have the room in front of me, but you can mid-air morph in a passage that samus can fully stand in.  I do it by walljumping off of the opposite side.

Can you really get to the upper tube where Samus stands?

attachment:
Super Secret Area - Dead Ahead!
Yes.  You can actually just jump and morph, but it's very tight.

Stand as far to the left as you can, spin-jump to the right, wall-jump, and mid-air morph into the hole.  The lower you wall-jump (right next to the floor), the easier it'll be.  Don't forget to keep hold of jump once you've wall-jumped, so Samus does her (sort of) floaty jump when morphed.
Xaggoth
Quietus
Ok, I believe both of you. But how about this?

Remember, you can go there without bombs, Power Bombs and Spring Ball. Blocks below Samus will not crumble.

attachment:
I haven't played the hack.  I was just clarifying that the answer to:

Quote from JAM:
Can you really get to the upper tube where Samus stands?

is yes, you can.
Edit history:
Dark099: 2009-09-30 10:42:14 am
Just one question to ask,Why JAM you don't go beat bomb torizo is so easy to beat,is sure you can't go anywhere without bomb

BOMB Torizo Soluce : you go in a left of crateria to go for brinstar and take the energy tank there after you return to bomb torizo and beat him

1.With missile shoot him close of him in diagonal on the body
2.After you diplited your missile you must morph in mid air and bomb him
3.Take the items in the chozo ball that is throw
4.Repeat 1,2,3 until he dead 

I know I think about it why you think is hard is the think that he throw

Attack Evade Soluce : When he throw in up make samus on the knee,when is shoot down jump and evade,he shoot again in up put samus on knee and repeat that
He's not killing Bomb Torizo because you didn't make it necessary to kill him. Super Metroid is all about finding different ways to play the game, and skipping required upgrades is common. You need to make certain that bombs are required before the player can get into a stuck situation, not assume that the player will grab an upgrade just because it's available.
Quote from JAM:
But how about this?

That be a permastuck wthout bombs.  This is one of the reasons I use ZSNES over snes9x to play my games - it has a lovely, ever so handy, rewind button.  That way, if you get into situations like that, and haven't saved for ages, you can just skip back a bit and carry on.
Edit history:
Dark099: 2009-09-30 11:00:13 am
One question question I ask you? Why me I beat him so easily,I beat him in 5 min,I have 20 missile,1 energy tank and i use my strategie to beat him

Sorry I never change all my hack and take 2 or 3 week to change all just because someone not want to take the bomb?

I give example everyone know the game Diablo 2? If you are in Duriel and not able to beat him if your not enough strong what you do? You restart the act until you have the strenght to beat him

Something taht everyone must know I not did the same think that original avoid some think and able to continue without that or that and finish the game in 1 hour because you use all fast path

I make the player must take that items or that items or beat that monsters in orders and did that for the player make like JAM 8:54 hour to beat the game that is cool and I force the player to search everywhere to find all items

no one can beat the game without all items that make the hack very interesting

Sorry but I don't like Speed Run
Don't worry about it, Dark099.  We have often had conversations about the subject of getting stuck, and it has to really end with a compromise of the two sides.

On the one hand, the creators should try as much as possible to eliminate all areas where a player can get stuck, but should not feel that they will be struck dead if they fail.  If you give the player a choice of options early in the game, this is especially important.  For example, leaving any two-tile high gaps before giving the player Morph Ball automatically means that people can get stuck.

But on the other hand, if people are going to deliberately look for other ways to do things, I don't think the creators should concern themselves if people get stuck.
Edit history:
Dark099: 2009-09-30 11:27:14 am
ok I finish my game and after I check for the modification,anyway I see that in many place I forgot to change

One thing that I can do is need your help

Everyone go be my testor and tell where is stuck and I fix little by little room by room
What you need to do is test the hack yourself.  Play through it, but do not head where you normally would.  Try and deliberately break the intended route.  This way you'll eliminate a lot of the problems early on, before releasing it to the public.
Edit history:
Dark099: 2009-09-30 02:25:24 pm
I finish my game in 5:33 hour end 100% but I see a small work need to do

I work on that today and tonight I put .ips here

Edit : I replay and Oh! I see what do mean by stuck when you don't have the bomb you stuck and many place