vv
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Quote from Acheron86:
Quote from rolando:
i tried running the boostball-ms-dos batch file
and all it says is xkas_v0.6>xkas boostball.asm SM.smc

I haven't compiled any patches lately, but I'm pretty sure this is what it's supposed to say. Now make sure your ROM is named SM.smc before you run xkas, then test it on a new save file, and it should work.
ummmmmmmmmmm uhhh yeah thats the 1st thing i did.....................................................
this is starting to get annoying.
if you guys can't teach me this stuff then send me to another metroid hacking forum thats does.
Hey now I know you're frustrated but no need to be a turd!  I don't know the answer or I would tell you.
Quote from Opium:
Hey now I know you're frustrated but no need to be a turd!  I don't know the answer or I would tell you.
no its because everytime i ask a question then all of a sudden no one knows anything!

and im not being a turd!!!! im just keeping it real.

anyway did you apply the patch yet?
Quote from rolando:
Quote from Opium:
no its because everytime i ask a question then all of a sudden no one knows anything!

and im not being a turd!!!! im just keeping it real.

anyway did you apply the patch yet?

Send a PM to InsomniaDMX
Yo.
Lemme try, Opium.

Have you read through this topic, sir? Do you have the old, deprecated version of xkas (not the newer one on the page?) Are you applying it to an unheadered rom? Is the aforementioned rom named "SM.smc"? Is your folder arranged as in the picture you referred to? If nothing else, these should be what you need to check for to make sure it's all working properly.

Also, this is a matter of preference, but it might work better if you put it closer to the root of your hard drive. I dunno, DOS hates running from extremely distant-from-the-root directories.
Quote from Zhs2:
Lemme try, Opium.

Have you read through this topic, sir? Do you have the old, deprecated version of xkas (not the newer one on the page?) Are you applying it to an unheadered rom? Is the aforementioned rom named "SM.smc"? Is your folder arranged as in the picture you referred to? If nothing else, these should be what you need to check for to make sure it's all working properly.

Also, this is a matter of preference, but it might work better if you put it closer to the root of your hard drive. I dunno, DOS hates running from extremely distant-from-the-root directories.
yes i have the 0.6 version of akas yes i did rename the rom to SM.smc
yes its arranged has its in the picture

yes its unheadered.
its still not working......trust me i've been trying to work this for over 5 hours....thats why im pissed.

i found that the ips patch works now but im trying to do it the smart way has practice
but if this is the case with every type of patch thats gonna be like this then i hope everything is made in ips patches because i get mad alittle too fast when things don't work out for hours!!!!!!! 5 hours bro 5 freaking hours!
Green-Kirby, ROAR!
Quote from rolando:
Quote from Zhs2:
Lemme try, Opium.

yes i have the 0.6 version of akas yes i did rename the rom to SM.smc
yes its arranged has its in the picture

yes its unheadered.
its still not working......trust me i've been trying to work this for over 5 hours....thats why im pissed.

i found that the ips patch works now but im trying to do it the smart way has practice
but if this is the case with every type of patch thats gonna be like this then i hope everything is made in ips patches because i get mad alittle too fast when things don't work out for hours!!!!!!! 5 hours bro 5 freaking hours!

You know I'm getting quite sick of you by reading your posts alone.

The last thing you should do when it's not working is bitch on us. This forum and this topic is here to help you.
But we can't read your mind. If you said you did every thing and it's not working. Then clearly you did some thing wrong. It's been working for every one beside you.

Now to look into your problem. You may have the (E) ROM of the game... That would mess things up like this I think. (I'm making guesses now on why it do not work)
If I may ask what OS are you running? I know it works just fine on vista.

You could also just run the boostball.asm manually with xkass with the "run" function. (If your using windows)
If you don't get it to work after running it even manually with the run function then I can say that you did not set up xkass or the asm patch right.

And now if it do not work. Don't be so rude to us as you have been. We are only trying to help you. Remember no one here is forced to help you.

Also lastly I hope you could at least spell check your posts before you post them. It makes them easier to read. =)
There are even free online spell checkers: http://www.spellcheck.net/
No offence but your post hurts my eyes some times.
Crys, I don't think you're one to talk about spelling.  Having known you as long as I have I can say you're not the best speller either. Wink

As for the problem, make sure your rom is a (JU) [!] rom.  That's the only think I can think of now.
Green-Kirby, ROAR!
Quote from FirePhoenix0:
Crys, I don't think you're one to talk about spelling.  Having known you as long as I have I can say you're not the best speller either. Wink

As for the problem, make sure your rom is a (JU) [!] rom.  That's the only think I can think of now.

Truth be told. My spelling is horrible. But I do spell check all my posts before I post them.
But just because your bad at some thing do not mean you could (or should) not point out the same mistake when some one else do it.

(And for the record IRC != Forums)
i have the (JU) version of the rom....
Then the very last thing I can think of is that your SM rom is not clean.  Everything else seems like it should work.

As one last check, post exactly what you're posting in the command line.  Maybe you're making a slight mistake and that's the problem.
Quote from FirePhoenix0:
Then the very last thing I can think of is that your SM rom is not clean.  Everything else seems like it should work.

As one last check, post exactly what you're posting in the command line.  Maybe you're making a slight mistake and that's the problem.
well i don't put anything in the command line and all it says is this.

C:/documents and settings/compact_owner/desktop/akas_v06>akas boostball.asm SM.smc
press any key to continue . . .
you do know that the program is called xkas, right?  Not akas.
Quote from FirePhoenix0:
oh lol sorry about those typos. i meant xkas
Quote from rolando:
Quote from FirePhoenix0:

shit, i was all excited thinking that the problem had been found.
Quote from Opium:
Quote from rolando:
Quote from FirePhoenix0:

shit, i was all excited thinking that the problem had been found.
i thought that was the problem too for a sec lol so i checked but no i got the right stuff
I like Big Butts and I can not lie
Rename xkas_v06.exe to xkas.exe
I thought the download came with a batch file?  At least, my pre-release version did...  If that's the case you should just be able to run that .bat file by double clicking on it and command line will work itself.
i don't understand...
do i need the files to be exactly like it shows in the picture? i have all those files in there already like i stated about 6 times
already....

i renamed it

and just for the future i tried putting the files in the same exact order but for some reason it doesn't let me do it..it keeps changing the files around!!

i have no idea what to do...
i've been following the instructions in these pages and its still not working!!!!!!
i've spent 4 hours trying to do this again already.
what exactly am i doing wrong??? i've tried explaining everything that i've done and i didn't get any answers yet....

if worse come to worse can one of you guys make a youtube vid on how to do this exactly because its just not working.
and no i don't care about my spelling.
sorry for double posting but no one's around!

anyway why doesn't the boostball go through a speedblock????

kinda useless i say!
Quote from rolando:

Because no where in the code does it put samus in the same state as when she boosts.  It probably shouldn't break them anyways, this item is completely independent from the speed booster. 
Quote from Xaggoth:
Quote from rolando:

Because no where in the code does it put samus in the same state as when she boosts.  It probably shouldn't break them anyways, this item is completely independent from the speed booster. 
if i would've known that from the start i wouldn't have bothered with this in the 1st place!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Evil or Very Mad
Green-Kirby, ROAR!
Quote from rolando:
Quote from Xaggoth:
Quote from rolando:

if i would've known that from the start i wouldn't have bothered with this in the 1st place!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Evil or Very Mad

If you did read the read me you would have known.
well i didn't get a read me.

and im wondering instead of trying to help all you do is try and put some one down..

if you think that you're god in this then you should have no problems trying to teach me the right way

but since you don't why should i even listen to you in the 1st place?

if your gonna help then help if not don't speak to me! and i don't care if this is a forum either.

im getting really tired of this.
Green-Kirby, ROAR!
Quote from rolando:
well i didn't get a read me.

and im wondering instead of trying to help all you do is try and put some one down..

if you think that you're god in this then you should have no problems trying to teach me the right way

but since you don't why should i even listen to you in the 1st place?

if your gonna help then help if not don't speak to me! and i don't care if this is a forum either.

im getting really tired of this.

here is the read me:

Quote:
;Boost Ball patch v1.1
;For xkas v.06
;By Insom
;
;Made for a certian someone who agreed to allow me to release this to the public.
;I figure a new, well made item might spice up the hacks that the community is working on.
;Credit goes to MathOnNapkins for bugging me to use a compiler. Thanks :)
;Kejardon might've helped somewhere along the lines. I am sure that he's saved me billions of hours.
;by releasing his notes. Thanks dude!
;Thanks to all the ROMhackers out there who make me want to release stuff like this!

;Things to note about this patch:
;1) The included boostball.bat will patch your ROM on these conditions:
;a: All of the files are in xkas's root directory.
;b: Your ROM is named "SM.smc"
;
;2) It puts the spring ball effect into the same item as hi-jump boots.
;3) It puts a decently crafted boost ball item into its place.
;4) It puts the lotion in the basket.
;5) Provided you have the required .bin files in the same directory as the .asm patch...
;tiles will be added to your ROM which will make the boost ball item seem more polished.
;6) The patch uses a lot of definitions, take advantage of this. Most of the immediate value ('#$' as opposed to '$')...
;definitions can be tweaked to change certian effects. Keep a copy of the original in case you would like to revert.
;7) My branch names sort of make sense, most of the time. I tried to make them pertain to the part of...
;the routine they're in so I don't have to put comments in everywhere. Hopefully the code is coherent enough.
;8) Make sure to put the included .bin files in xkas's root directory.
;9) The palettes that the hack uses are borrowed from shinesparking.
;10) If you would like to remove the restriction against being able to boost in midair...
;Delete or othewise inactivate the lines of code that end with the comment ";delete me"
;Might I suggest a crtl+f to find the ";delete me" string?

;I will seperate the definitions that I suggest you do not edit, and the ones that it'd be a good idea to experiment with.
;Go ahead and edit the ones below:

In fact it's the same file as the .asm file.
I'm not trying to be rude or put you down. I just point out stuff.