^^
vv
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Time bomb set get out fast!
Quote from Random Zelda Person:
Quote from groovemeister:
OK, so I've completed the game and everything, but I want to ask... that weird portal in 'Hall of Honored Dead'; is there any way to get up to it, or to activate it (scans say that it's different to the rest)?

You can get up there (ghetto jump + screw attack), but it does nothing.  It was just supposed to be a plot device.

Don't listen to him, he's trying to trick you.  That portal takes you to Warfair!  Get up there, even if it takes you hours and hours!  And hours!
Gee, thanks. Rolling Eyes
I'll be back. Maybe...
It's a shortcut: it takes you through Warfair which is an area with loads of weapons like the hyperbeam and narpas sword, then warps you straight to the secret boss: Metroid King

But in order to activate it, you have to complete the game until then without any energy tanks, missile tanks, or beam ammo, and without using any missiles on enemies, or missing a scan until then. You also aren't allowed to save.
You forgot one important thing there:

the ability to flie

which you get when you kill U-Mos in the beginning of the game. It will play a cool cutscene when U-Mos becomes a ghost and infuses Samus with the ability to flie.
PAGE BREAKER
Ready and willing.
Wow. What is flie?
soaking through
Obviously it's a mispelling of file.  The Luminoth are, evidently, technology Gods.
One shall stand, one shall ball.
Samus then changers jobs to become a master secratary, filing better than anyone had ever filed before, and then the universe imploded and everyone lived happily ever after. The End.
red chamber dream
You forgot the part where Samus saves a random race of insect-like creatures!

But hmm...a secretary, huh? I would think her arm cannon would get in the way of the filing.
You would think so, but no. If she can use monkey bars with a cannon attached to her arm she can file with a cannan attached to her arm.
Quote from tomatobob:
You would think so, but no. If she can use monkey bars with a cannon attached to her arm she can file with a cannan attached to her arm.

If she can do all that with an arm cannon why can't she climb up those stupid ledges?(Thus decreasing the need of the space jump boots)
Time bomb set get out fast!
Quote from Izo:
Obviously it's a mispelling of file.

Don't be silly.  The ability to flie allows Samus to flie from battles.  If she's fighting Dark Samus and she's low on health, she can just flie, refill, and come back to toast DS's phazon-infused rear.

You can also flie if you pick up the special "flie collar" item.  That's like the get-missile-launcher-twice trick, only instead of twice, you get the missile launcher like forty times.  The fortieth time, there's a flie collar in the crate instead.  You wear it around your neck and thus gain the ability to flie without killing U-Mos.  (Geez, what kind of jerk kills U-Mos?  Who're you gonna kill next, the Etecoons?)
I'll be back. Maybe...
Wow, you can file with a cannan? Perhaps that's in the area which you can only get to if you successfully radio for help and then flie away on the flieng Dark Trooper Ship.

I think you need to go through the entire game backwards (walking backwards and items in opposite order) to get that.
In MP1, if you go through Magmoor walking backwards you get the ability to flee, I know because my controller some how got confused into making me go backwards at all times. once you leave you get transported to a room full of Fission Metroids and if you kill all of them you gain the Flee Boots alowing you to escape any uncomfortable situation.

Quote from MagicalCucumber:
Quote from tomatobob:

If she can do all that with an arm cannon why can't she climb up those stupid ledges?(Thus decreasing the need of the space jump boots)

You played Metroid Fusion right? If so no explaination is required, if not then here you are: She cannot file for most of the game therefore the left hand is fairly useless until that point in which you gain the ability to file.
See, this is why RoS is the best game - that's where you can use secret worlds to find Samus's unstoppable filing technique.
everybody knows it's true
Quote from tomatobob:
That would mean your friends are wrong now wouldn't it?

Well, my friends suck. They frequently call me for help and in no way will they be able to sequence break any time soon, maybe in a year
Well the inability to sequence break Echoes is understandable.
Yea when you kill U-Mos at the beginning of the game and destroy all the Luminoth stasis pods
Dark Samus appears and offers you a job in the 'Ultimate Dark Alliance' consisting of the Ing, Metroids, Space Pirates and Cylons. Then you go and take over the universe in your Phazon-ships. It's a space shooter. At the end the universe goes all foggy and purple. The game still doesn't fill all the plot holes caused by Phazon and other darkly hoohah however.
Hi!

This is my first post in this forum, but I  read this site since 6 months ago.
I write from Italy, I'm a young fan of the Metroid series, so please excuse me if my english isn't perfect.

This is my problem:
I'm trying to sequence break the dark suit, I've got 4 E.Tanks, but I can't reach the portal (when you go to Torvus), because i take to much demanges by the gas.
I read about a GJ to reach the portal, but i havn't found any video about it and I don't know how to go  on.
Please help me, if someone has got a video, please tell it to me.

My email address isExclamation marcopesoli@virgilio.it Exclamation

Thanks for the help

Slashkellen
http://www.metroid2002.com/prime2/index.php/Sky_Temple_Grounds:_Abandoned_Base

The video is in blue at the top of the page, the problem maybe that you're jumping from the wrong sie of the bridge thing that the portal's on.
You can reach the portal from both sides.
Really? I haven't ben able to do it, I just figured it was because I was on the wrong side. :?
Thanks for the help!
I've just download it.

Slahkellen

EDIT
I tried to did what I saw, but I can't do the GJ

I made 2 videos about my problem, i don't know if it's my foult or if it's RS's (I have the Pal version of the game) , but I can't post them because them are to big, if someone gives me his email address I could email it.

Slashkellen
I('d) like to watch (some MP3 runs)
Why would that be my fault?

Question
Quote from Slahkellen:
I tried to did what I saw, but I can't do the GJ

It can be tricky, try jumping a little later or earlier, and I think you need to pull away fropm the wall on the first jump, if you are doing that then just keep trying.
Quote from Red Scarlet:
Why would that be my fault?

Question

So you work for RS?
I'm impressed, I didn' tink I was meeting a RS worker.
Sorry Laughing

So the only way to resolve myproblem is keep trying?
Got it