123 ->
^^
vv
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Almost happy
This board has been awfully dead for some time, everyone working on new hacks and such, so It's time to contribute with something I think.

I just finished a new ingame oriented any% TAS today, the new record time is 00:23:45:00.

I use the same route as last time but the route in the route (in room strategies and ammo/energy management) is very different. The improvement is 19.37 seconds or 1162 frames.
This was done surprisingly hasty, much quicker than my 00:24 run which took 1 and a half month, this only took 3 weeks, the reason for it is mainly that my knowledge of the game is much greater now. I predict sub 23:35 to be impossible and sub 23:40 to be unlikely without new discoveries.

So anyway, the smv is attached, the run will be up on youtube soon and, well. Enjoy.
Thread title: 
attachment:
Oh man! Gonna watch it right away!
If I had to...
I would have probably shat myself after watching this.
yeah
Quote from Chris:
If I had to...
I would have probably shat myself after watching this.

...shat?
Almost happy
Maybehaps shit?
Are you ready for some underwear music?
Quote from Cpadolf:
Maybehaps shit?

Maybehaps?
Quote:
shat  (shト》)
v.  Vulgar Slang
A past tense and a past participle of shit.

From http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=shat, second entry (American Heritage Dictionary).
In other news, Cpadolf, that was awesome. For some reason, when you used the frozen yellow pirate in Norfair as a platform, I laughed myself silly.
Almost happy
Quote from detonator300:
Maybehaps?

Maybe + perhaps = Maybehaps :)
Very nice job on this one. You did not even let the doors open properly when you rushed through. My favorite was Ridley kill and Hi-Jump speedball. Once again, nice antics during waiting periods as well.

You really should learn to write Tonskis name correctly, he might get mad at you for that one in the submission text  grin new
Almost happy
Lol I did not notice that until now, fixed. I really can't write it correctly more than once in a row it seems...
What the hell you put one even in your submission text? Screw you hahaha.

Seriously I'm a call your WR ass AcPfloD soon. ;)
Eschews avatars
To continue the trend here, AcPfloD?

Absolutely excellent work, Cpadolf. Could this finally be the "perfect" run of SM? By now I've learned to never say never in terms of improvements, but I just can't see how this is improvable. Very good job.
Almost happy
Quote from ducknerd:
Absolutely excellent work, Cpadolf. Could this finally be the "perfect" run of SM? By now I've learned to never say never in terms of improvements, but I just can't see how this is improvable. Very good job.

Nah, not perfect. I know a couple of improvements already and there is almost always more optimization to be one. I strongly believe that Super Metroid will never be perfected and even if it would be no one would be able to prove it, though without any new tricks I don't see this getting improved be more than a couple of seconds. If you have never TASed much before it is really hard to see improvements though, back when the best time was 00:27 and I had no idea that TAsvideos.org existed I thought that was unimprovable by more than a second, when hero's any% came out with a time of 00:25 I was chocked but convinced that it was near perfection and by the time JXQ's 100% run came out I had learned by my previously failed assumptions but again just could not see improvements. Now that one seems to be improvable by ~1 minute.

Quote from ducknerd:
To continue the trend here, AcPfloD?

Tonski (I actually did write the k before the s again but edited it...) was annoyed by the fact that I have a habit of writing his name as "tonksi" something like 50% of the time, so he threatened to begin writing my name as AcPfloD.
For the perfection of this run, there's only few very minor things like in the LN escape, Botwoon entrance and exit, Torizo skip improvement (found after AcPfloD submitted his run), and possibly that Bubble room flamer damage boost although AcPfloD said his testings didn't prove it faster. These are all minor things AcPfloD missed, they probably wouldn't together save even a second I'd predict.

Burn.
Almost happy
Well with the new torizo skip there is actually more than a second to save even before green brinstar >_>. Though most is just tiny optimizations worth a frame or two each, all put together maybe it is improvable by ~4-5 seconds. However there might be more new room strategies to find.

Also may I call you (tonski) no-skit now that mixed up names is the shit?
Quote from Cpadolf:
Also may I call you (tonski) no-skit now that mixed up names is the shit?

I'm not that bad at swedish.
Almost happy
Quote from No-Skit:
I'm not that bad at swedish.

So that's a yes then :-)

Anyway I think it wouldn't be that hard to figure out what I mean by it even if not knowing Swedish at all...
Quote from Cpadolf:

Quite frankly, I'm fucking bored to death already with this name confusion/irritation or whatever you like to call it, I didn't think of this nickname so someone would call me no-shit. I'd be pleased if you used my real nickname thank you.

And no, it would not be.
yeah
Quote from Tonski:
Quote from Cpadolf:

Quite frankly, I'm fucking bored to death already with this name confusion/irritation or whatever you like to call it, I didn't think of this nickname so someone would call me no-shit. I'd be pleased if you used my real nickname thank you.

And no, it would not be.

Can we still call Cpadolf "AcPfloD"?
Every Bit Counts
No.

Edit: YAY PAGEBREAK!!!
Almost happy
Quote from ING-X:
Can we still call Cpadolf "AcPfloD"?

Of course we can :-) Quite frankly I love it. Being from Sweden I interpret is as "A retarded river" and who wouldn't love that? I would not like to meet the person who doesn't.

Also I will try to call tonski tonski, but seriously I do have some kind of a problem with writing that name, every time but once has it been a mistake when I wrote tonksi so don't expect to much from me.

And I like it how this thread derailed into insanity before the second page even... 
I'd mind less to be called let's say Tsknfipwanfw책fenwao, but Tonksi just sounds so irritating.
Quote from Tonski:
Tsknfipwanfw책fenwao

I know this is still offtopic, but how would you even pronounce that?

Slightly more on topic, Cpadolf, wouldn't it be faster to manipulate a pb drop near ridley to do a wave shield to help kill him? Or would that be slower somehow? I'm not sure of the damage or time figures involved here, and I'm curious.
Almost happy
Well no, there are several problems with this. First of all I use a lot of PB's in LN, I could slow down by ~20 frames to get one befroe the pillar room but that's pretty much it, Elite pirates don't drop them and I need as much health and Supers as I can get from them anyway. Getting more PB's would thus recuire me to not use the two room shinespark method I use slowing down the run considerably.

Now to the fight itself. I would have to switch of some beams to be able to use the wave shield which would look ugly, furthermore the only place where it has any potential is the very first hit before ridley has appeared, a wave PB combo does 1200 damage and takes 120 frames to charge (and a decent amount of frames to recover from) which means it does 600 dps (Suddenly it fells like I'm talking about a mmorpg) Plasma/wave/ice does 900 dps and Supers do 1800 dps therefore the only chance a wave PB combo has to out dps plasma is in the beginning where chargetime does not need to be considered. But even there it does not make up for any time lost in the end. Why? Ridley has 18000 hp, I have 9 Supers (the best possible amount available here), a super does 600 damage, 9*600 = 5400, 18000 - 5400 = 12600. One charged Plasma/Wave/Ice shot does 900 damage, 12600/900 = 14, a round number, this means that as long as you can only do one Wave PB combo it still only removes the need of one charged shot, a charged shot that you can charge before ridley appears.

Now in a RBO though it saves a lot of time since you can have more PB's and once you run out of Supers it is by far the fastest damaging attack you have in your arsenal since plasma is unavailable.

Takes a lot of words to explain something relatively simple in a bullet proof way...