bydolord: 2010-01-13 09:53:02 am
bydolord: 2009-11-12 11:08:46 pm
bydolord: 2009-11-12 11:08:43 pm
bydolord: 2009-11-08 01:53:22 pm
bydolord: 2009-11-08 01:49:58 pm
bydolord: 2009-11-08 01:48:53 pm
bydolord: 2009-07-05 02:09:30 pm
<<<empty space>>>
Metroid dawn has recently gone under revision fixing parts of the game and programming as well as updated graphics. My good friend Lorane/Darklord has generously volunteered to making and maintaining an site for screens and updates. New demo is out and currently working on another one to fix some minor glitches found after it's upload.

official site
download link
Thread title: 
Edit history:
Sadiztik Fish: 2009-06-29 10:05:30 pm
OMG FLAN!!!!!!!
It's pretty good so far, but there's a LOT of bugs I found.

1. When you wall jump, samus' sprite seems to change to the Super Metroid one for a frame.
2. A lot of doors show the wrong room when transitioning, but they correct themselves afterwards.
3. When you hold charge and go through a door, your beam turns into a machine gun, pretty much raping everything.
4. I had 3 energy tanks, and was constantly refilling using the Skree near the Charge beam so I had pretty much infinite health.
5. In some rooms, the yellow X parasites don't restore health (and my health wasn't full).
6. In an early room, there was a health pickup from Super Metroid (purple orb), instead of the X parasite.
7. I used charge beam on a bomb block (the one in the big room above the pickup for charge beam), and it froze the game.
8. Also the game froze once when I destroyed the big plant thing before the boss.

Couldn't beat the boss, so that's a far as I went. I like the double bomb jumping, since you have to time it right to get the maximum height out of it. and I was able to stay air borne at the same height with well timed bombs. I got a few errors saying an enemy couldn't be found, but I just clicked ignore. I don't like the jumping though. You should fall once you let go of the jump button, instead of performing the whole jump. It makes jumping under enemies a real pain, since you can't stop, and you just keep going up till you hit them.

Good job though grin new
Can you add in a way to change controls  extra_smug
<<<empty space>>>
Quote from Sadiztik Fish:
It's pretty good so far, but there's a LOT of bugs I found.

1. When you wall jump, samus' sprite seems to change to the Super Metroid one for a frame.
2. A lot of doors show the wrong room when transitioning, but they correct themselves afterwards.
3. When you hold charge and go through a door, your beam turns into a machine gun, pretty much raping everything.
4. I had 3 energy tanks, and was constantly refilling using the Skree near the Charge beam so I had pretty much infinite health.
5. In some rooms, the yellow X parasites don't restore health (and my health wasn't full).
6. In an early room, there was a health pickup from Super Metroid (purple orb), instead of the X parasite.
7. I used charge beam on a bomb block (the one in the big room above the pickup for charge beam), and it froze the game.
8. Also the game froze once when I destroyed the big plant thing before the boss.

Couldn't beat the boss, so that's a far as I went. I like the double bomb jumping, since you have to time it right to get the maximum height out of it. and I was able to stay air borne at the same height with well timed bombs. I got a few errors saying an enemy couldn't be found, but I just clicked ignore. I don't like the jumping though. You should fall once you let go of the jump button, instead of performing the whole jump. It makes jumping under enemies a real pain, since you can't stop, and you just keep going up till you hit them.

Good job though grin new

thanks for the compliment :D

but to explain the glitches...
1.the engine I used was a super metroid engine,and  I still haven't swapped over all the sprites.
2.the door system is still under construction(expect to see a new fade out transition :D in a little bit)
3.right now i'm buildng the game and l=not going after a lot of glitches,tust me there is worse,I had a glitch that when you unmorph near a ceiling you jump through it.
4.once again a small glitch
can you please tell me what rooms so I can fix it :D
6.those are beta enemys thats why they use the original engines heath pickup graphics.
7.odd,I thought I fixed that,don't worry I will try and fix it in the next release
8.I haven't encountered this,but I will try to fix it.

as for jumping,i will try to mod the engine to do so.also the first boss can be killed with charge beam,missals will only make it shoot lightning.but thank you for telling me what you think :D

Quote from Crypt:
Can you add in a way to change controls  extra_smug

I'll try but,when I mod the controls my self the engine took a spaz.
Edit history:
bydolord: 2009-07-06 03:39:00 pm
<<<empty space>>>
new sreen shots and a new demo :D

the last picture is a map of completion.

Edit history:
Crypt: 2009-07-06 12:19:03 pm
My missiles are not recharging. They were but stopped for some reason.

Got an error going when going into the next room here.

Also might want to add in a txt file that says what the controls are.
<<<empty space>>>
I just fixed the glitch after reading this post expect the next demo to fix it.also I will be adding in a toutral to learn the controls :D
Thanks :). It looks like it will be a fun game when these bugs are worked out. Keep it up.
<<<empty space>>>
yeah also I fixed the above links and turned them into pics.
<<<empty space>>>
looking for a boss idea for a plasma beam guardian. help would be appreciated  laugh new grin new
PM sent because my idea is rocking.....

Not really lol just wouldn't want people to know whats coming with whatever you decide for it.
Edit history:
bydolord: 2009-07-07 10:39:48 pm
<<<empty space>>>
this is a major spoiler for my game,but I might use it to kick off the deeper part of the story  grin new

About the X
The X are evolving! and are changing becoming multi-celled organisms,also they begin infecting metroids(but weren't metroids destroyed?)

About the federation
it turns out the federation wasn't making a trip to collect the X they have a base deep withn sr388 and are still cloning metroids however BSL crashing into the planet has contaminated the lab,and the metroids have begun to feed on the X

About a secret  aiwebs_008
however the X start to evolve and metroids are now being mutated by the X and are being controled and changed into hidious new creatures that will pull the story even deeper.

WARNING MAJOR SPOILER:
the final battle is fought between you and the planet its self! :D
Sigh, why do I always have to click the spoiler tags lol.
<<<empty space>>>
Quote from Crypt:

what do you think?Please use spoiler if it involves the spoilers above.
Quote from bydolord:
Quote from Crypt:

Sounds quite interesting. Can't wait to see how some of this comes together. Also the boss fight, mmmm. I am kind of curious how that is going to come out. I want to take a stab and say with the little bit of story you have there, that the metroids will help in someway.
<<<empty space>>>
Quote from Crypt:
Quote from bydolord:
Quote from Crypt:

Sounds quite interesting. Can't wait to see how some of this comes together. Also the boss fight, mmmm. I am kind of curious how that is going to come out. I want to take a stab and say with the little bit of story you have there, that the metroids will help in someway.

do you remember the metroid queen,now do you remember the metroid baby,the metroid baby has been cloned because it was a queens egg meaning it is the only metroid that will ever turn into a queen,before the final battle I am planing on a sceen with the queen helping you,also the SA-X joins you and helps you,once it realized samus was superior in metroid fusion,its past memorys well at leasts samus past memorys have become active and joins you a little later in the game,with the metroid queen at your side as well as samus now far from evil clone you take on a planet of pure evil :D muhahhahah
Quote from bydolord:

do you remember the metroid queen,now do you remember the metroid baby,the metroid baby has been cloned because it was a queens egg meaning it is the only metroid that will ever turn into a queen,before the final battle I am planing on a sceen with the queen helping you,also the SA-X joins you and helps you,once it realized samus was superior in metroid fusion,its past memorys well at leasts samus past memorys have become active and joins you a little later in the game,with the metroid queen at your side as well as samus now far from evil clone you take on a planet of pure evil :D muhahhahah

Hmm wasn't quite expecting SA-X heh. At least I was half right :P. Can't wait to give it a try.
<<<empty space>>>
warning this is a map of the planned story do not press unless you really want to ruin the story for your self!
chapter1=Samus lands on SR388 traveling into the depths of the planet she finds that BSL research station has not been destroyed but instead embed withing the planet.

chapter2=Samus reaches the navigations room withing the ruins of the station and contacts Adam learning that BSL hasn't been destroy nor have the X or the SA-X,Samus needs to dispose of both before the federation gets involved.

chapter3=After venturing deeper and gaining the space jump ability Samus returns to the navigations room,to learn something horrible the federation has arrived!

chapter4=upon finding the federation samus enters the metroid nest,were she once exterminated the entire metroid race with the exception of a single metroid.

chapter5=while traveling through a morphball tunnel,several feet above samus SA-X stairs down at the untouched remains of the metroid hatchlings egg,felling odd new sensations its thoughts changing from mindless killing into samus feelings for the hatchling.

chapter6=samus dicovers the real reason the federation has landed on SR388,not to capture the X but to check on the experiments deep within the plant,however the lab has been compramised and the SA-X fights it out with samus until the metroid queen arrives.

chapter7=samus realizes that the metroid queen is the baby metroid and holds fire and stops the SA-X from killing it.SA-X fleas from the scene currently not know of the hatchlings fate,the metroid had been cloned before the mother brain killed  it during samus second mission to zebes.

chapter8=with the help of the queen samus escapes the collapsed lab traveling to the depths of the planet.She than dicovers something horrible.The X have evolved and changed into new hidois creatures without needing DNA from other organesms

chapter9=samus sets the auto destruct explosives to go off in 20M however along the was the very planet turns aginst them attacking them with rocks and tenticals from withing the very planet.

chapter10=samus excapes the planet the federation as well samus is declared a hero from the treat that was just averted with the X,now the federation knows that the X were evil.

100%ending extra :however in the storage chamber of the federation hauler a scientish lays on the floor his eyes shoot open both a blood red and yellow pus rolls out of his eyes the screen shifts to black with a message"the X are still alive"
<<<empty space>>>
next release Varia suit graphics,navigation room events and the plasma beam :D

<<<empty space>>>
sorry for  the long wait just letting everyone know this is not dead,i am currently working on a large interconnected section of the game.as for now i expect maby a few days till the next demo :D.
SAMUS ARAN RULES
I like your icon for samus
*sigh*

why not instead of adding all those useless details make a better movements engine for your game and fix the things the players don't like?
Edit history:
bydolord: 2009-11-08 01:55:50 pm
<<<empty space>>>
new update and a whole load of glitch fixing :D

sorry for taking 3 months and not the days I said it would XP
one question, did you copletely make a new game or did you like edit one of the other metroid games?
<<<empty space>>>
I used the TE Metroid engine built by Phazonyoshi. However,level design story,and some items are all my programing.