12 ->
^^
vv
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Edit history:
Phazar: 2009-08-16 01:25:24 pm

This is going to be a remake of the original Metroid game, 16-bit style! It originally started back in February as a mini-hack project, but soon became a full-length hack project(then secret). There will be plenty of new stuff here as well, so don't expect it to be exactly the same as the original game.

IMPORTANT NOTE: I did NOT steal this idea from tbolt, as some have thought I did.  I have been working on this for a long time, before tbolt even joined here, but wanted to keep it a secret at that time.  Also, I have planned a few secrets of my own for this game, so it will be more unique.  That is all, friends.

Crateria: 100% complete
Brinstar: 95% complete
Norfair: 10% complete
Kraid: 5% complete
Ridley: 5% complete
Tourian: 100% complete
Thread title: 
Very nice! If I were you, I wouldn't show bugs in my demo.
Time bomb set get out fast!
So Samus shall finally tell the tale of her first battle here... her so-called Zero Mission.

My point being, there's room in this world for more than one Metroid 1 remake.  Good luck to both you and tbolt.
OMG FLAN!!!!!!!
Lol @ the Geemer spasming laugh new

You do realise doors *must* be on the edge of the room?

Also I've heard quite a few arrangements of the Metroid themes. Is there a site where I can download all these tunes?
Quote from Sadiztik Fish:

Also I've heard quite a few arrangements of the Metroid themes. Is there a site where I can download all these tunes?

This is the most awesome metroid music collection available:

http://forum.metroid2002.com/index.php/topic,8116.0.html

The first CD has all of the music from all of the games except MP3 plus it has some bonus tracks.  The second one has a buttload of remixed tracks + metroid metal.
Quote from Opium:
Quote from Sadiztik Fish:

This is the most awesome metroid music collection available:

http://forum.metroid2002.com/index.php/topic,8116.0.html

The first CD has all of the music from all of the games except MP3 plus it has some bonus tracks.  The second one has a buttload of remixed tracks + metroid metal.

Actually, nearly all the music I used in that trailer came from the first disk of that 2-CD set.  There is some awesome Metroid music there.

Now, concerning the hack/remake/whateveryoucallit: Sorry for the lack of updates, but I'm making more progress now, so I will post some new screenshots whenever I accomplish something significant.  However, I will not reveal everything there is, since this may be finished soon and I don't want to throw out too many spoilers before release.
Phazar, you might want to do a redesign on what you showed, since it looks kinda... lineair, and Metroid did not look lineair. Let me help you with this. Check this out for any help needed:

http://www.nesmaps.com/maps/Metroid/MetroidCompleateMap.png

hope I didn't break your spirits!

your buddy,

simonbelmont291
Quote from simonbelmont291:
Phazar, you might want to do a redesign on what you showed, since it looks kinda... lineair, and Metroid did not look lineair.

The actual hack is going to be just as nonlinear as the original(well, minus Bomb Boost Jump SBs).  That was just a little demo video that I threw together to show off some of the early progress.  Much of what was there has been redesigned now.  Also, I often use the old SCU M1 map and a Metroid 1 speed run in another window to design a lot of rooms, but Nesmaps is useful because it shows what is actually in those rooms(well, minimized, but still useful).  Also, I started a map of what I have so far(Ignore the "Crateria" title at the top; I am combining Crateria and Brinstar into one area.  Also, that stuff at the bottom are just unused rooms that I am storing there to avoid losing them in the blackness.):
*Bump*

New Orange Brinstar Tiles:

I know the background is ugly, but I'll be changing it soon.
Super Secret Area - Dead Ahead!
I'd actually be more inclined to point out the door that's not on the edge of the screen.  You may want to either move it over, or place tiles around it to make it appear embedded in the scenery. Very Happy
I actually just moved it earlier today, since it needed to be on the edge of the screen to work.  However, I moved it after this screenshot was taken, so you can't quite see what I did there.
*Bump*

I have a lot of new stuff since that last post, so I'll put them in spoiler tags for shortening justice:

The Metroid graphics are not as bad as that ingame, I just took the screenshot at that frame.

And, now, some screenshots with the new NES-style doors added in:

Personally, Phazar, I think the doors (not the bubbles) would look better if they were a single shade instead of 2-3 shades IMO.
Palette is now fixed:

Go ahead. Stare.
The red looks too red. Unless you aren't going for the gold look.
Topic Revival Time!  I have a brand new Norfair tileset!

I still need to add a new BG, but other than that, this room is done.
All aboard the soul train
Coolness.

Maridia will be GONE from the game. No more water areas. Ha-HA!

Unless you're planning Maridia for something like an extra area...
SAMUS ARAN RULES
i have got to play this
What'd you say?
So, are we going to get a map in this one atleast? grin new
Yes, there will definitely be a map this time.  However, there will probably not be any map stations.
What'd you say?
Good, I hate map stations anyway.  laugh new
Goodbye, Orange Brinstar.  Meet Gold Brinstar.

I decided to change it since the gold looks closer to the M1 color than that orange.
Go ahead. Stare.
Gold is much better. It seems to be old and ruety gold though... a little more bright and shiny might be nice.
Green Brinstar gets a makeover:

Edit history:
IaIaPazuzu: 2009-08-05 10:15:40 pm
Quote from Phazar:
Goodbye, Orange Brinstar.  Meet Gold Brinstar.

I decided to change it since the gold looks closer to the M1 color than that orange.

Keep up the good work man. Cant wait to play this game. BTW I personally liked the orange look than the gold.