12 ->
^^
vv
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
LOL
Hey guys this is UltimateAvenger here bringing you my first "escape hack". grin new Try it out. Remember, This is the [glow=red,2,300]easy version[/glow]. aiwebs_008 I am currently working on the novice and hard versions. Shocked They will be out soon. I will post them in this same...post. So...Try it out. THNX Wink
Thread title: 
attachment:
Edit history:
Quietus: 2009-02-19 08:07:37 pm
Super Secret Area - Dead Ahead!
GOOD JOB! Wink (The message, that is)

Very small, and with a number of tiling errors, but it was fun for the whole five minutes. Razz

One massive bug, though.  If you shoot the blocks just to the right of your ship, and jump in, whether mockballing or not, you fall, and fall, and fall, and fall.

Oh, and it's for a headered ROM.
Can you explain what this hack is?
The very first thing I did was go off to the right and fall, good times...

This is pretty short, you should come back with something larger so we can give better feedback, maybe that is what's coming, you're sorta nonspecific.  I'll try out your others when you release them.

The suit is somewhat plain, could use some other color in my opinion.  The speedbooster looks pretty cool without special colors though. 

As far as gameplay, this is pretty transparent; it's easy to tell what blocks are breakable and where you should go next.  For me, ideal mini hacks have a load of content in a small space and force the player to pay a lot of attention and pull some some difficult tricks.  The big block signs are mostly unnecessary except for something to tell is the game is over.  You could also just have a room that loops through mother brains adjoining room and give the hack a real ending. 
LOL
THANKYOU SO MUCH GUYS FOR PLAYING IT!! grin new I know it has alot of bugs in it Embarassed. I just wanted to post something to get my name out there, you know? I appreciate you guys playing it and for your support and I will make sure I go into detail next time with it. I will fix the bugs, Rolling Eyes and I'll make sure I'll tell you if it's headered or unheadered next time (sorry). 
LOL
Quote from Spoo:
Can you explain what this hack is?

This is a hack know as a "escape hack" where you have to get to a specific location in (mostly) the landing site. It's really fun to make. grin new
LOL
I attached the fixed version. It [glow=red,2,300]shouldn't[/glow] have any problems. Thanks for informing me!  aiwebs_008
attachment:
Yo.
=\

Best not to triple post in most cases. Edit your topic post instead.
LOL
sorry kind of new... Embarassed
yay 5 minute timewaste.
UltimateAvenger: your level design was kind of bland...it mostly used CREs, but I liked the fact that I was able to tell what I was trying to do. you did a good job of leaving clues of what to do.

This hack shows promise. just try and add more detail for any future projects you start. Surely you don't want your next hack to be just a pipe system, right?

now... don't stop hacking or I'll kill you be disappointed in you.
Just so I'm clear, once you get in the room with the message, that's it, right?  As said, fun enough way to waste five minutes.
Super Secret Area - Dead Ahead!
Quote from DonnyDonovan:
Just so I'm clear, once you get in the room with the message, that's it, right?

That is correct.  Just a one room / maze hack.
Destroyer of Pirates
LOL
EVERYONE THANKYOU for your POSITIVE comments. I know it's kind of short, and kind of....basic but I promise It'll get better in time. Wink And this time it wont be all pipes, I'll throw something else in there (hopefully). James, Thanks for the video I really appreciate that. grin new LOL, I thought no one would even find this post. Thanks Everyone. I'll notify you when I release my second hack. Again Thanks! aiwebs_008
Phazon Vasteel Autobot
Well, this hack was no problem, but it looks promising.

Keep up the good work :)
Fear Me! (Or else...)
Couple tiling errors, like on the 'j' and the 'e' in the last bit there. I wasn't really paying close attention to the rest, but this looks like fun if you need something to do and don't have much time grin new.
LOL
thanks. The new one will be out soon. I've been sick lately d'oh! so I might release the next one on saturday, if not sooner. Very Happy

UPDATE 2/28/09

*HERE IT IS FOLKS!* Very Happy My second released hack. grin new I've been sick lately but I managed to get this hack done. if theres any bugs please notify me, any problems or questions also do so. This hack is a bit longer. I used more than 2 tiles in this hack, Rolling Eyes and this hack is also for headered roms, sorry...BUT anyway please enjoy it because I enjoyed making it. extra_smug
attachment:
Phazon Vasteel Autobot
It was a little tricky in the Short Mockball, but it was fun

Somehow I missed your second minihack, so I just played it.  I ran into trouble on the bomb jump over the spike that comes before the necessary spike hit.  If you shoot the 'A' my game freezes.
LOL
I will take a look  d'oh! thanks for notifying me
LOL
Quote from Sturmvogel Prime:
It was a little tricky in the Short Mockball, but it was fun

thanks man. Glad you liked it! Wink
Destroyer of Pirates
ill have a video up soon
LOL
ok looking foward to it. thanks Wink
UA, have you played the hack "ultimate challenge"? (the other one-room SM hack)
LOL
no i havent. Is there a link or something to it?