^^
vv
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Edit history:
devonodev: 2008-10-05 09:24:01 pm
Devonodev: Other D
Here is a short morphball maze I made. for unheadered roms.

it will require a bit of bomb jumping or midair morph.
i have also changed a bit of the graphics.

it ends when you get screw attack

EDIT:
The picture is actually from an old version of the maze. There is more than a wall there now  :)

ENJOY!
Thread title: 
Edit history:
Acheron: 2008-10-03 09:02:28 am
Acclaimed Threshold
Constant Sorrows
Don't make a new thread, just edit the old one next time.

Ahhh, I see what you mean, never mind. The first thread broke. Don't worry, I used my magic moderator's wand and it is now gone.
[BANNED]
I downloaded it last night but when I found screw attack, it didn't end.  Is it actually supposed to be like that??

Neat little hack otherwise, hope there will be more maze ones in the future.  :-)
Break the chains!
Quote from BiggestSchnoz:
I downloaded it last night but when I found screw attack, it didn't end.  Is it actually supposed to be like that??

Neat little hack otherwise, hope there will be more maze ones in the future.  :-)

Same here. :-s
Acclaimed Threshold
Constant Sorrows
Newbies. :)

One-room or few-room hacks are always like that. Nothing special happens, it just means you've completed the maze.
There was this one room hack, i forgot which, where after you finish the "last boss" (a.k.a. ridley), you would go to a pipe like room, and it would loop over and over i you went to any door xd
Is this eventually going to be a component of a larger project?  Because it looks pretty cool and I could see potential.
Hated by all
I laugh at you making MegaMan Style spikes. I hope they ain't one hit deaths.
OMG FLAN!!!!!!!
That is actually a really good maze. I commend you on making one you could get lost in.  :D
My crappy maze is just a few tunnels with losts of traps... laugh new
I have an idea. How about you use the speed booster patch so you can boost across the crumbling blocks in maze? That would be awesome! 8-)
thx for ur comments :)
i will probly make a bigger project eventually with a maze in it. cause this only took me one afternoon. lol
Fear Me! (Or else...)
Quote from ZephyrZx:
There was this one room hack, i forgot which, where after you finish the "last boss" (a.k.a. ridley), you would go to a pipe like room, and it would loop over and over i you went to any door xd

That would be likely my training patch you're talking about, except that it didn't have any pipe-like rooms. The original had that, but I got rid of them.

Like DonnyDonavon said, I can see the potential for this. You ought to expand it out a bit more, make maybe a couple hidden passages, add more items, and possibly make them actually required for certain sections. For example, the x-ray scope, while it is never actually needed, could be extremely useful if you add the hidden passages. Also, I like your sky palette and the graphics - the spikes remind me of Mario 64, probably from Bowser or something. Would you mind if people used this and expanded it out some? This does look nice.
Quote from Bioniclegenius:
Would you mind if people used this and expanded it out some? This does look nice.

i dont care if you want to use this for anything. as long as it's good  laugh new
Fear Me! (Or else...)
Ok! I'll work on expanding the maze out somewhat, and include all the items, making them, of course, actually required. I wish you could ASM code in you starting with a couple items, so that'd be out of the way. It'd sure make it easier to do. I'll use your style, expanding the maze out, and use each of the items so that you have to use them. Sound good? Also, if you want me to, I'll lock the rom (when I'm done, of course). Do you want me to stay in correspondence with you, and give you progress reports?
[BANNED]
Quote from Bioniclegenius:
Ok! I'll work on expanding the maze out somewhat, and include all the items, making them, of course, actually required. I wish you could ASM code in you starting with a couple items, so that'd be out of the way. It'd sure make it easier to do. I'll use your style, expanding the maze out, and use each of the items so that you have to use them. Sound good? Also, if you want me to, I'll lock the rom (when I'm done, of course). Do you want me to stay in correspondence with you, and give you progress reports?

Bioniclegenius, I hope you're serious in what you're saying, and if you are I look forward to it.  I definately like mazes.  I have a hack (is this the one you made??) that if you go to the left of the landing site there's a maze, but if you go to the right you have to defeat Kraid, underwater.  But I have no idea how to get to the above platforms so I could properly defeat that boss.  Perhaps I need to better explore that maze.... :-k
Edit history:
devonodev: 2008-10-05 02:09:44 am
bionicle, that sounds awesome!
u can give me progress reports if you want. i dont really care.
Fear Me! (Or else...)
BiggestSchnoz (I tried abbreviating your name at first, but that didn't turn out too well), that's my little training patch you're describing there grin new.

As to you, devonodev:
I'm working on making the screw attack required, via Acheron's method of SA blocks. I'm working on that right now, and I'm going to add PB, SM, and such later on in there. Probably I'll stick in a few missiles at little out-of-the-way spots, make those required to get to the SM using the same thing as the SA blocks or something, and wrap it up with... something. Maybe the Ice Beam, or something. Oh, and I'll probably make the entire lower half filled with lava, so that the Gravity suit is also required to be found. If I could, I'd start you off with the varia, but I'll have to... wait, I just realized how to do that! I'll fill the room with heat, the lower half with lava, and probably use some different music.

What say you on this topic?
what happens if you put the varia above samus ship? like, she appears and grab it?
have the player start with 3 energy tanks and have them run to the varia
(lol redesign)
bionicle, that sound really good.
i hope you keep it up. :D
i dont really want a progress report, because then it'll be more awesome when it gets realeased.