123 ->
^^
vv
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Edit history:
Acheron: 2008-09-01 01:54:35 am
What do you think? grin new (this is only a beta)

Thread title: 
OMG FLAN!!!!!!!
YAY FIRST REPLY!!!! Very Happy

I like it so far. Few bits i think need to be fixed. like the starting in the middle of the ship... lol. Awesome graphics. Kinda creepy. Those red blocks at the end of the video with the orange lines in the middle are awesome!

I think you should make the ceilings and floors a bit bumpy, and not completely flat (unless thats what you intended). It makes it seem more natural as terrain. But other than that its pretty good.
hmm...
telling from the map, is this another halfhack? :(
Also, the graphics are too flat looking. make em' bumpier.
Pretty cool, how far are you in this?
Fear Me! (Or else...)
Does look good. Here's a hint: Don't add one line of invisible blocks right above the visible ones. It's a little redundant, and looks like a graphical error. Also, at the top of the black area, create some line at the top that is solid or something so it looks like the lip of a cave. Mostly, it's just some graphical stuff that needs to be fixed.

Edit: Also, at the end of the video, when it shows a list of related videos, I clicked the second. I think it was a previous version or something... However, how did you do that block that blasts you upwards? If you'd let me, I'd be interested in using that myself! lol. Seriously, that one did look cool. Again, good graphics job on both!
Quote from Bioniclegenius:
However, how did you do that block that blasts you upwards? If you'd let me, I'd be interested in using that myself! lol. Seriously, that one did look cool.

Judging by the way samus auto-crouches while rising, this has been around for some time. It's called a slope elevator.
Fear Me! (Or else...)
??? Where is it located? I'm interested in using it.
It might be the quality, but I don't like that tileset you made. All the pebbles (?) or rocks or whatever they are look bad IMO.
If you're actually gonna take time to change the graphics, you might want to make a fullhack.
Fear Me! (Or else...)
A.) What's a slope elevator?

B.) How do you make them in SMILE? It looks cool.
Eschews avatars
](*,)

Stack square slopes on top of each other. They're used in several of the Japanese hacks, many halfhacks, and Glitchtroid.

On topic, the trailer looks pretty cool, though I also am surprised you edited graphics but not the map.
--Lawrence of Arrakis--
"A red mobile suit?"

Couldn't resist making the MS Gundam reference...

I like what you've done so far, though I would like to stress what Black Telomeres has said: Go for a full-hack. Really break the mold.
Quote from Bioniclegenius:
A.) What's a slope elevator?

B.) How do you make them in SMILE? It looks cool.

Oh that elevator thing. you just use green square bts blocks, and to make it go down do the same but hit vetical
Every body has been asking me if im doing a full hack and the awnser is yes I am :-D
Fear Me! (Or else...)
Personally, I like your level design. It's one of the better things about your hacks, along with your graphics work, which I also admire. Keep up the good work!
Hated by all
Not bad. The red-whatever-its-called is nice, I like it.
Acclaimed Threshold
Constant Sorrows
BigM:

Don't double-post, edit your posts instead.

I like that you're doing graphics but I think it's not something to do half-way. That area definitely needs more going on to really seal the deal. I also think invisible blocks and gratuitous wall-jumping in the landing site are bad ideas.
Quote from Acheron86:
BigM:

Don't double-post, edit your posts instead.

I like that you're doing graphics but I think it's not something to do half-way. That area definitely needs more going on to really seal the deal. I also think invisible blocks and gratuitous wall-jumping in the landing site are bad ideas.
                          sorry about the double post. The reason why the wall jumping is so bad is because of a water glich
Green-Kirby, ROAR!
Quote from Black Telomeres:
If you're actually gonna take time to change the graphics, you might want to make a fullhack.

Quote from ducknerd:
]On topic, the trailer looks pretty cool, though I also am surprised you edited graphics but not the map.

Looking at the image TheBigM did post in the screen shot topic I am quite sure at least some of the tiles are designed by me.
Hint:

I don't want to hi-jack the topic. But your mapping out the tiles wrong. (At least from the way I designed them to map up)
Here is an example on how they where planed to be mapped out:

I'm not saying your doing it wrong. I just want to point it out so you keep it in mind.

..Not much more to say...
Acclaimed Threshold
Constant Sorrows
Those tiles look similar because they're cave-like but I don't see enough a resemblance for it to be more than coincidence in my opinion.
I have to agree with crys here. look at the tile directly below samus's foot that is touching the ground in the first ss of Big M's, then look at the tile directly under the power bomb in crys's ss. Those are the same exact tile.
Green-Kirby, ROAR!
Quote from Cardweaver:
I have to agree with crys here. look at the tile directly below samus's foot that is touching the ground in the first ss of Big M's, then look at the tile directly under the power bomb in crys's ss. Those are the same exact tile.

Truth.
Nothing wrong with it though. I did handed the tiles out for people to use them.
I just point out that the tileing is not what I made them for. Any one is of course free to use them as they see fit.

If you still don't belive me acheron  <-(link BTW)

I did not want to take this is much of topic since I don't have any thing other to say.

So, sorry. :/
Edit history:
Acheron: 2008-09-02 07:26:34 pm
i never said they were my tile sets i found them and i used them if thats ok

oh yha here is the landing site when it is almost finished

---

Acheron says: dude, preview your posts before you attach videos, that's the second time I've had to fix your broken links. :P
A question though, you changed the wall jump physics or you just suck at it? (no offense xd)
Fear Me! (Or else...)
Also, that door needs to be fixed at the end there.