Crys: 2008-08-28 10:20:15 am
Green-Kirby, ROAR!
Quote from Black Telomeres:
Quote from Crys:
ROAR! G-K IS BACK!

You're a very fickle hacker =P

Oh, Snap!
Guess I can't hold it secret any longer.  laugh new

Any way. SM mind fuck is more of an example then an hack.
An example on what to NOT do when making hacks.

I'm going to play through it with recording and voice later on to point out all the errors.

This hack suffers from a lot of mistakes that noobs make. Don't worry, I am not this crappy at hacking.  =P

SM mind fuck includes this (and more):
-having no idea what or where to go.
-One tile wide shoot able/passage with no hint what so ever.
-Tiling errors.
-SPIKES SPIKES SPIKES SPIKES .
-Shoop dah whoop eye. (I'm not messing with you)
-Epic win fail.
-Massive damage to the weak point.
-Eye hurting pallet.

And MORE!

There are also a few rules if your planing on playing this before I do a video of it:
1. You may not post or ask question on what to do or where to go in-game what so ever.
2. That includes out side this forum.
3. Looking in smile on where to go or what to do. (Though it won't even help to use SMILE in some cases)
4. Spoil any of the awesome crapy content. No comments what so ever.

The main point of this hack is, like I said. To point out errors. There is a reason for above rules being set.
In the videos I will play and comment bad stuff. I think even most "hackers" here can relate to most errors.
I don't make this to look good. I just want to rise the standards. I want to see more full hacks even though I don't hack any more.

FOR NON HEADER!

I guess thats it.

Edit: For the record, It took me a day to make this.
Good luck!

~Crys

PS: If your planing on playing this to the end. I suggest you read up on maru-mari web comic that can be found on the front page. It will help! =)

---
Edit by Acheron: changed some questionable content. GK feel free to edit, but avoid the use of profanity.

Also re-attached a better IPS of the hack, both to rename it and because you included an SPC file for no good reason. Lazy!

Rescinding my edit. Censorship isn't a part of the game here, dudes and ladies! Feel free to flame me in PMs if you don't like it.
Thread title: 
attachment:
(user is banned)
Edit history:
Acheron: 2008-08-27 08:49:56 pm
Breathe in the Future, Breathe out the Past
Was this a good idea?
Edit history:
Acheron: 2008-08-27 08:50:06 pm
I'm actually having a lot of fun with it so far.  Making red brinstar blue wasn't a shot at me was it?  Rooms that can't be seen from too many effects are annoying...

Edit:  So... turns out this is broken and I don't feel like replaying what I've already done.  Maybe that's what you were going for, but it's not what I expected.
Water, spikes, dead ends... with spikes, more water, "i wont let you see what you're doing" backgrounds... wow... i can't play this any more xd i reached as far a brinstar after the charge beam..
SPIKES?! I AM SO PLAYING THIS TODAY!!!
Green-Kirby, ROAR!
People don't enjoy under water wall jump. =)
Quote from Crys:

unless I'm missing something, i can't gain height while wall jumping underwater xd
Green-Kirby, ROAR!
Quote from ZephyrZx:
Quote from Crys:

unless I'm missing something, i can't gain height while wall jumping underwater xd

Don't mind. I made a kinda douche bag ish things that I don't think even new people do.
Download zip in first post and try the new patch.
Viking
Precursor
* KennyMan666 glares at Crys

What have I said about using "your" incorrectly? What have I fucking said?
si i beat draygon but... im stuck, with no grapple, at the room before the spring ball...

Anyways, let me get this straight, this is an example hack on all the "noob" stuff you shouldn't do on a hack?, cause i get the point =P
OMG FLAN!!!!!!!
Im playing it right now, and im also pretty sure that most of the people who posted in this thread have said stuff about the hack even though Crys asked you not to. Unless the video's been realeased, in which case Im sorry if I jumped down anyones throat.

I changed a few things in my hack now that i've played this. Well, only the one block shootables with no hint whatsoever. I guess because I made SM Impulse, I know about all the secrets, but now I can see it from a different perspective (as someone who has no idea).
hmm..interesting.  two questions, though.

1) What's the difference between the 2 ips files?
2) Since this is supposed to showcase noob mistakes, are there any rooms that are intentionally majorly glitched?  As in there's practically random tiles everywhere and it's impossible to continue.  Or would rooms like that be an error?

Anyways, I actually rather like the hack.  Except for the issue of question 2, of course.
Quote from petrie911:
hmm..interesting.  two questions, though.

1) What's the difference between the 2 ips files?
2) Since this is supposed to showcase noob mistakes, are there any rooms that are intentionally majorly glitched?  As in there's practically random tiles everywhere and it's impossible to continue.  Or would rooms like that be an error?

Anyways, I actually rather like the hack.  Except for the issue of question 2, of course.

This whole hack is a rollercoaster of errors xd

i enjoyed it till i gt stuck after draygon =<
Phazon Vasteel Autobot
I'm in the entrance of Ridley's lair, how i can pass this wall?

Green-Kirby, ROAR!
Quote from Sturmvogel Prime:
I'm in the entrance of Ridley's lair, how i can pass this wall?

I dunno. Why don't you figure it out.
All aboard the soul train
Ah, okay. Another hack to stay away from. I don't feel like smashing my keyboard into bits from the frustration, that you very much...

But if I had the patience, then I would gladly play this hack.  :)
Well, since you didn't respond to me last time, I'll be more direct.

Is this supposed to happen?

Wow. That is incredibly unbelievably ugly. Good job G-K.
Green-Kirby, ROAR!
Quote from petrie911:
Well, since you didn't respond to me last time, I'll be more direct.

Is this supposed to happen?

That your ROM is not clean. :/

But thats an good idea for another noob mistake! =)
I don't think my ROM's the problem, as it worked perfectly with Cliffhanger, Redesign, Dependence, Golden Dawn, and CI.  You'd think a dirty ROM would present itself in at least one of those.

However, I noticed there are two patches in the zip file.  What's the difference between them?  Could that cause the problem?
Edit history:
ducknerd: 2008-08-31 07:26:52 pm
Eschews avatars
This bears far too much resemblance to Short Troid for me to enjoy it.

EDIT: Just realized that you were the one who made Short Troid. Sorry. *hides* For the record, I'm not doubting your abilities as a hacker; Ice Metal's beta was spectacular and your graphic changes are interesting. Short was just... frustrating.
You have inspired me to make my own version.

Aside from that i got charge and ave stated into a death trap.

I love it!
Green-Kirby, ROAR!
Quote from petrie911:
I don't think my ROM's the problem, as it worked perfectly with Cliffhanger, Redesign, Dependence, Golden Dawn, and CI.  You'd think a dirty ROM would present itself in at least one of those.

However, I noticed there are two patches in the zip file.  What's the difference between them?  Could that cause the problem?

People had some trouble with some thing in brinstar so I made it a bit easier to figure out what to do. You can use any one of them.

I did never run into that glitch in LN when I did test play though. :/
I will look into it if more people run into it.

Quote from ChozunSDA:
You have inspired me to make my own version.
Aside from that i got charge and ave stated into a death trap.
I love it!

You do know that I only made this to point out errors, right? This is NOT how a good hack should look like! ;>______________>
Green-Kirby, ROAR!
The videos are coming. (Finaly, lawl)
I know there are some clips missing in part 1. I had to cut to make it under the time limit.

Keep in tune for more. I won't revive this topic more. If you want to watch the rest of the parts then go to my youtube profile. They will come up some time in the near future.
(user is banned)
thats me
"having no idea what or where to go"

You have to be more creative to achieve it without cheap tricks than to make metroid:fusion (metroid:fusion often uses cheap tricks like unidentifyable breakable stones and therefore a too linear design).