123 ->
^^
vv
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Edit history:
aigamerDS: 2009-05-17 03:39:32 am
I have completed my second rom hack. Not only it will force you to go in reverse order but in the hard way (Like Saturn's hack.) For those who think my last hack was too easy and hardly change anything, this might be a better choice for you. Here's my download link below.

Edit: This link has been remove. Please use the download below (under all these snapshot).

The link for suit patch has also remove. If you still want the suit patch, please go to that link below.
http://forum.metroid2002.com/index.php/topic,7425.0.html

I this hack requires the following skills. That include:

1. Mockball
2. Wall jump
3. Jump through ceiling glitch
4. Infinite Bomb jumping
5. Collect the most items as possible (as you gonna need for Norfair and Lower Norfair)
6. Have skill to beat Ridley suitless (it because it's mandatory now. It's no longer optional compare to my last hack)
7. Save state is highly recommended (yet, it all can be done in real time. You are not required to use slow down at all)
8. Some other skills that I couldn't describe.

Anyway, download this headerless patch and enjoy!

This hack goes good with suit patch from this link above. This patch can be mix with my patch.

By a request from Green-Kirby, I have uploaded some screen shots.

Thread title: 
Edit history:
Obbligato: 2008-07-24 10:22:13 pm
Nice hack so far. I'm only in the Morph Ball Room and I'm already stuck... :-s

EDIT: Dammit...How do I escape from the morph ball area?
(user is banned)
Breathe in the Future, Breathe out the Past
will play when i get home
Acclaimed Threshold
Constant Sorrows
Got morph ball bombs, I liked how you hid them. Now I gotta find supers or pbs, looks like. Hurrh.
Edit history:
aigamerDS: 2008-07-25 12:30:59 am
Quote from Obbligato:
Nice hack so far. I'm only in the Morph Ball Room and I'm already stuck... :-s

EDIT: Dammit...How do I escape from the morph ball area?

Look up in the ceiling. That's your solution.
Edit history:
Obbligato: 2008-07-25 02:36:52 am
Whoa, that was cool...Thanks.

EDIT: Me...need...bombs...
Edit history:
Cardweaver: 2008-07-25 06:16:32 am
gauntlet, but beware. In order to get them you'll need to not only perform some tight walljumps
but also
glitch thru a ceiling in the room where the bombs are
Quote from Cardweaver:
gauntlet, but beware. In order to get them you'll need to not only perform some tight walljumps
but also
glitch thru a ceiling in the room where the bombs are

How do you suggest I glitch through the ceiling? :-s
Acclaimed Threshold
Constant Sorrows
Quote from Obbligato:

How do you suggest I glitch through the ceiling? :-s

In a two-tile high space that you can jump into and end up crouching, aim down as you're spinning in the space and about to land. If done right you'll be slightly lower than usual while crouching, partially in the blocks below; from here just jump and you should be able to go through the ceiling if it's only one tile thick.
Done.

Thank you, Acheron.
(user is banned)
Is it just me, or is it not possible to turn off screw attack. Maybe 'cause the inventory screen isn't designed to have it yet? I dunno.
Why exactly are you turning off screw attack? It's much easier just to shoot after jumping to cancel it.
Just noticed this.  Downloaded and started to play.  Liking it so far.  Most recent item I snagged was the...

Grapple Beam

I suspect I'll need to use it somewhere because all my other routes are blocked off by super missile or power bomb blocks.
Edit history:
aigamerDS: 2008-07-25 07:43:16 pm
Quote from DMantra:
Is it just me, or is it not possible to turn off screw attack. Maybe 'cause the inventory screen isn't designed to have it yet? I dunno.

Once you get your hi-jump boot, you can then turn off your screw attack. I don't know why but this glitch was from nintendo, not me. So yeah, this game was not meant to get screw attack this early.

Quote from Anima Zero:
I suspect I'll need to use it somewhere because all my other routes are blocked off by super missile or power bomb blocks.

Have you returned to gauntlet after you got grappling beam? That could be your hint.

Quote from Cardweaver:
Why exactly are you turning off screw attack? It's much easier just to shoot after jumping to cancel it.

As for me, I just push up instead of shoot to cancel it. That's just my way.
Am I supposed to do a Hell's Run right now?

I have one energy tank and one reserve tank.
Edit history:
aigamerDS: 2008-07-25 08:00:04 pm
Quote from Obbligato:
Am I supposed to do a Hell's Run right now?

I have one energy tank and one reserve tank.

Not yet. You haven't collect enough energy tank. You better search one.

By the way, about the blue gate in Brinstar, you can still go back. You can find some secret passage above the gate. Therefore, you can go back to search your missing energy tanks.

You need at least 4 e-tanks to do the hell's run.
Okay...Where are the power bombs? And are some of the energy tanks in Crateria?
Edit history:
aigamerDS: 2008-07-25 09:56:31 pm
Quote from Obbligato:

You won't get power bombs for long time.

You can only get it after you beat Ridley.

About the E-tanks

Energy tanks are mostly located in Brinstar including the place where you first found your first morph ball (That's Brinstar too you know.)

Quote from Obbligato:
Okay. Where's that? I have every other E-Tank so far.

You can get your first power bomb as you enter Maridia. For E-tanks, you can find two near the place where you get high-jump boots, one near the kraid's room, and one near the place where you get the first morph ball. The maximum e-tanks you can find is 5 and two reserve tanks is also a maximum.
Quote from aigamerDS:
Quote from Obbligato:

You won't get power bombs for long time.

You can only get it after you beat Ridley.

About the E-tanks

Energy tanks are mostly located in Brinstar including the place where you first found your first morph ball (That's Brinstar too you know.)
Okay. Where's that? I have every other E-Tank so far.
(user is banned)
props for making a spore spawn that isn't just another stake out. ace.
Edit history:
Anima Zero: 2008-07-26 06:48:21 pm
Lots and lots of stuff done today.  Got a ton of upgrades, that sorta stuff.

8 E-Tanks
3 Reserve Tanks
70 Missiles
10 Super Missiles
Grapple Beam
Beams: Charge, Ice, Wave, Spazer
Morph Ball & Bombs
Screw Attack
Hi-Jump Boots

I assume I now need to head to Lower Norfair because I don't think I can get any other upgrades at the moment.  Or is there something else I need to grab before heading to LN?

EDIT:  Apparently so.  I just delved into it.  I also had a sanity breaking session with Golden Torizo.  Go die in a car fire Golden Torizo  Evil or Very Mad.  You took away roughly an hour of my life away you *Insert swear word here*.

First fight I had to do some save state abusing in order to get enough Super Missile drops.  One save state after getting the E-Tank, one after getting the S.Missile expansion, one after getting an optimal start to the battle, and roughly 2-3 save states during the battle.  Finished the fight with roughly 2 1/2 E-Tanks remaining when it started exploding.

Got my reward after battle,  got to the energy refill station, save stated and stopped there for the day.  I'd rather give myself a breather for the day before continuing tomorrow because...yup, Ridley.  That's going to be fun, painful, or will break me in the process...probably all three  laugh new.

Here's hoping my equipment will be enough to finish off Lower Norfair (Just add 1 E-Tank, 5 S.Missiles, and the Plasma Beam to the list above)  :P.
Edit history:
aigamerDS: 2008-07-27 08:07:17 am
Quote from Anima Zero:
I assume I now need to head to Lower Norfair because I don't think I can get any other upgrades at the moment.  Or is there something else I need to grab before heading to LN?

You can still get more upgrade but it's good enough to reach to Ridley.

One more reserve tank can be found.
Ridley has been defeated.  Oddly enough it took me much less time to beat him than Golden Torizo (Probably 10-15 minutes tops).

Sure took me long enough to get to him.  I had to refill my reserve tanks so I had breathing space getting to the E-Tank before the Super Pirates room.  Of course, I never needed them :P.  I did have only 1 energy left when I collected it though.

Ridley needed only...2 savestates I believe.  One right before the fight started and one after I got a very good opening round on Ridley.  Had ~1 E-Tank left or so before the energy appeared.  Got my reward in the next room.

Time to continue on.
Edit history:
Obbligato: 2008-07-28 03:22:43 pm
...deleted
I'll just say this....  Cliffhanger (normal difficulty) made me feel like a little girl.  Now, this....  This make me feel like a baby!  :P

This is the first "impossible" type SM Hack I've played.  It's fun when you can do (or finally manage after repeated attempts) what you're supposed to...  But when you just can't...  Like the ibj, unmorph and fire upward, and continue ibj'ing...  It makes me want to give up.  Crying or Very sad

I am, however, feebily getting a grasp on (or perhpas just touching) hbj'ing.  aiwebs_008