Use \ before commas in usernames
(user is banned)
Breathe in the Future, Breathe out the Past
Quote from Itachi_Kun:
hey guys its me again^^

maybe u can help me once again Embarassed

I got the Powerbombs and the  Arrow "PLASMA BEAM" now. laugh new

Where do i have to got now or what do i have to do!? aiwebs_016 :-s

well after pbs you'll want to get springball. blow up the tube you passed after eldridge back into juolbrin. but if you got plasma, then i guess you got spring, so you'll want to head to keruarn and use your springball somewhere east.
THX A LOT!!!!!! :-D
OK, noob question (sorry)...I suppose I'm slightly above average skill.  I haven't figured out IBJ, HBJ, or diagonal BJ for that matter, but  I did manage to do a 100% SM speed run in 1:31 (small peanuts here, but just gives you an idea of where I am).  So anyways...I managed to get the morph ball all by myself, and I actually did a kamikaze run to get the first missile expansion.  I just dove into the lava and got the pack with 09 hp left.  How in sam hill do I get out now?  Am I just having a brain fart and missing an obvious hidden block?  Thanks!!
Trained by Cpadolf. Mission: To Perfect.
Quote from ampbains:
OK, noob question (sorry)...I suppose I'm slightly above average skill.  I haven't figured out IBJ, HBJ, or diagonal BJ for that matter, but  I did manage to do a 100% SM speed run in 1:31 (small peanuts here, but just gives you an idea of where I am).  So anyways...I managed to get the morph ball all by myself, and I actually did a kamikaze run to get the first missile expansion.  I just dove into the lava and got the pack with 09 hp left.  How in sam hill do I get out now?  Am I just having a brain fart and missing an obvious hidden block?  Thanks!!

Go up, not down. Hidden hole in the ceiling pipe.
Ok, I need help again. I got Varia, but where I need to go now? Also, can I get plama now? Specific directions please ^^'
(user is banned)
Quote from sonic shadow:
Ok, I need help again. I got Varia, but where I need to go now? Also, can I get plama now? Specific directions please ^^'

After Varia the path is fairly obvious, you'll want to head east until you reach the elevator to lower keruarn.

plasma:
Hint: Remember where you got grapple?
Hated by all
Ridley is HARD. Even with 50% slowdown, I only live to see him go to pissed-off red.

I want help on strategies. 7 E-Tanks, 40 Missiles, 10 S-Missiles, 5 P-Bombs. And yes, I got Plasma.
Umm.. charge beam..?
Quote from playerman1230:
Ridley is HARD. Even with 50% slowdown, I only live to see him go to pissed-off red.

I want help on strategies. 7 E-Tanks, 40 Missiles, 10 S-Missiles, 5 P-Bombs. And yes, I got Plasma.

Well, you could get more powerups.  I had >100 missles at Ridley and 25 Supers, with 11 E-tanks.

where the hell did u get VARIA!? aiwebs_016
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Quote from Itachi_Kun:
where the hell did u get VARIA!?
It's in Eldridge. There's a big room with a bunch of 4x4 shootable blocks and doors with speedbooster blocks behind them; the path to Varia is in a 1x2 room on the side of it with even more 4x4 shootable blocks and a missile (?) expansion. You can't get it until relatively late in the game.
thx a lot ;)
Meri Kurisumasu! ^_^
Me and Namespoofer have been working on a TAS for this hack, and now that Kraid is dead we reckoned we'd make it public, and show what we have done so far.

It's played on the original (hard) version, so make sure you're playing it with the right patched rom.

Enjoy.

Edit: The rerecord count is a little off, we hexedited the authors title after about 20k~ frames, so the real rerecord count should be around 16-17k.
Awesome, I've beaten
Ridley
Then went to Melfad.
And guess what? I just found the holy-craptacular
Hi-Jump boots!
Awesomeness
Incredible so far, Kriole! Probably my favorite part was how you entered Kraid's place. Very nice.
Meri Kurisumasu! ^_^
Quote from Sneaky Paradox:
Incredible so far, Kriole! Probably my favorite part was how you entered Kraid's place. Very nice.
Quote from Kriole:
Me and Namespoofer

But thanks anyways ;]
(user is banned)
Seeing a TAS of this is a dream come true guys. I love seeing techniques I never thought possible in my challenges. Respect!
Almost happy
Heh, that's a pretty neat run you guys have there so far :-)

It is always more entertaining to see (and do) stuff on untouched hacks than to see (and do) stuff on SM vanilla.
I do love me a good TAS. I really hope you don't get distracted from this one. CH hard TAS is going to be a hell of a TAS to watch when it's finished.
wow, awesome TAS, i loved how you killed Kraid, he literally sucked those missiles xd
Edit history:
namespoofer: 2008-09-07 12:28:04 am
Quote from Cpadolf:
Heh, that's a pretty neat run you guys have there so far :-)

It is always more entertaining to see (and do) stuff on untouched hacks than to see (and do) stuff on SM vanilla.

Thank you Cpadolf, you already know your appreciation drives me to do more.
SM Vanilla? Another name for the original game?

Quote from Cardweaver:
I do love me a good TAS. I really hope you don't get distracted from this one. CH hard TAS is going to be a hell of a TAS to watch when it's finished.

Yes, I will ensure Kriole stays focused for this project, and I will be done with my RBO in the next day or two so that I can turn my full attention to both him and our run. ^_^
It will also be a hell of a TAS to manage very shortly.

Quote from ZephyrZx:
wow, awesome TAS, i loved how you killed Kraid, he literally sucked those missiles xd

Thank you, although a certain bomb during the waiting scene is really bugging me so I'll probably hex that up to make the bomb placed evenly. =\
How exactly do i use the .smv file?  does it work on Zsnes?
Quote from Opium:
How exactly do i use the .smv file?  does it work on Zsnes?

No, SMV files are for the SNES, which is another (better) emulator.

Here is the version we use: http://dehacked.2y.net/snes9x-lua-v0.05.7z

File -> Load Game -> ROM ... File -> Play Movie -> movie.
I'm playing through the easy version for the first time, and i think i like it much more than the original.  much less save-state reloading.  not sure if its just me, but it seems like the enemies hurt you less in the easy version.  is this true?
(user is banned)
Quote from Opium:
I'm playing through the easy version for the first time, and i think i like it much more than the original.  much less save-state reloading.  not sure if its just me, but it seems like the enemies hurt you less in the easy version.  is this true?

certain enemies, yes. there are alot of enemies i never changed.