NEW "Two Clips For Tuesday"
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/usermovies/239543.html

http://digg.com/nintendo/Metroid_SR388_Trailer_2

Enjoy!

Cheers,
-VR
Thread title: 
For once, I wish I had the ability to play these kinds of games. Shocked

That looks absolutely amazing, and I love the new tunnel music too. I take it this is essentially like Zero Mission was for the original game right? (New content while attempting to stay true to the original game world.) Until now I never really knew what you were doing besides a completely new physics engine and updated visual effects.
BTW, mods, I posted this here because it takes place on planet SR388, as does M2. Feel free to move this thread to another section if that is more appropriate.

Cheers,
-VR
Mister ...
This isn't a fan-made re-make, but a whole new game, correct?

Overall, this looks exceptional.  I watched the trailer and loved every second of it.  As Prime Hunter said, I just wish I had the ability to play games like this. 

Classic/Old School mode looks pretty sweet as well, as do the mini-games.
red chamber dream
Quote from nn12000:

No, that's exactly what it is. It's not Nintendo–endorsed at all.
One shall stand, one shall ball.
I don't think he meant to imply that it was Nintendo endorsed, just that it was a new fan game as opposed to an RoS fan remake.
Looks pretty neat. Nice how it seems to implement things from most of the other games.
Quote from Arkarian:
Quote from nn12000:

No, that's exactly what it is. It's not Nintendo–endorsed at all.

Not sure what you mean, but to clarify, I never said it's a ROS remake.  Wink
red chamber dream
Oh, ok, I thought it was.
Anywhere, everywhere
lol, kind of a screamer at the end, but not as loud.

Looks really awesome, and is a good way to put your engine to use.
Quote from Arkarian:
Oh, ok, I thought it was.

So did I, which is why I asked in my first post.

But even if it isn't, the game still looks awesome.
The video was amazing, and what made it reach the final tip in the scale of awesomeness was the music.
Personally I will treat this as an official Metroid game.
red chamber dream
Just got around to watching it, and it does indeed look cool. Some of the sound effects sound corny, but I can't tell if they're intended to be the actual in–game effects or not. Gameplay looks pretty nice, though.
Armor Guardian
The only thing that really seems out of place is the wall jump animation. I just seems weird for spin jumping to be impossibly smooth while the transition between than and the wall jump pose is instant. Other than that, I think it looks (and sounds) fantastic.
once GameFAQs, now Twitch
The fishes remind me of Shark! Shark!.
Quote from RT-55J:
The only thing that really seems out of place is the wall jump animation. I just seems weird for spin jumping to be impossibly smooth while the transition between than and the wall jump pose is instant.

That's an illusion caused by the 15FPS video. The game runs at 60FPS, so you're losing a lot of information when viewing the trailer.
Mister ...
I've been meaning to ask this...

Need any play testers?
I have to ask, how far are you progress-wise?  Like, are you still creating your resources, do you have them done and are moving onto level design, or are you already on level design?  I'm only asking because I remember you saying either on this forum or another one that the rooms shown in the video were only for showing off what Samus can do. I think you compared them to the Debug rooms in Fusion.

Also, I'm not asking for a release date because I think you also said you won't give any, but about how far percentage wise are you with the game?

Of course, you don't have to spill the beans on these things if you don't want to.  I'm just so blown away by this preview that I really can't wait to play it.
FirePhoenix,

Many of the rooms in the trailer are not rooms used in the game, but rather rooms I quickly made for the trailer, or rooms I use for debugging/testing (much like the debugging rooms in MF and other games, as you noted). Large portions of the game map do in fact exist in finished state, but I prefer to avoid spoilers.

This trailer only shows the tiniest portion of what this game is all about. I'm a big fan of keeping almost everything secret, to maintain the thrill of discovery for the player. This is especially important for an exploration/adventure game.
Hated by all
How long do you think players would finish this game in on their first run? Would there be alternate endings (time or 100%)?
Quote from Von Richter:
FirePhoenix,

Many of the rooms in the trailer are not rooms used in the game, but rather rooms I quickly made for the trailer, or rooms I use for debugging/testing (much like the debugging rooms in MF and other games, as you noted). Large portions of the game map do in fact exist in finished state, but I prefer to avoid spoilers.

This trailer only shows the tiniest portion of what this game is all about. I'm a big fan of keeping almost everything secret, to maintain the thrill of discovery for the player. This is especially important for an exploration/adventure game.

Well that's good to know that you are working on design.  I didn't expect that you'd spoil much (and quite frankly, I'd rather discover it myself as well).
Will you make a level editor for it too, like SMILE for Super Metroid?
Viking
Precursor
This does indeed look quite awesome.
BTW, if you or anyone you know is good at level tiles and backgrounds, contact me. It would go a lot faster if I weren't the only one tiling a really huge game.

Cheers,
-VR
This is beautiful. This is now the game I look forward to the most.

If this is ever dies, I'll weep.