1 page
^^
vv
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
OH ****!!!!

Rundas is one of the many bounty hunters of metroid prime 3: corruption. In total you encounter him 4 times in the game, one when space pirate ships surround you and Rundas comes by and shoots them all down with his ice missiles. Second time was when samus was having a free falling battle with ridley and she had just defeated him but had no way to stop herself from falling to her own death, so Rundas came down and saved her, leaving ridley to fall to his "death". The third time was when samus had just defeated local creatures on Bryyo, when she looked up at the ledge rundas was looking at her but turned around not even bothering to say hi or let her know what he was doing.

The last time was both the last time they saw each other, and the last time that Rundas was alive. Rundas, being corrupted by the phazon within, had turned rouge and after turning a bunch of space pirates into popsicles, had challenged samus to their first, and last battle. Both of the hunters fought, their energy levels dropping to the lows but neither would give in until the other was dead. In the end it was Rundas that was the loser, he recoiled from the final blow with sparks of phzaon energy erupting from his body making choking noises in a sick twisted sort of way that would make any gamer cry (I almost did). In his death though he had fought of the phazon to ensure him a moment’s free will, he looked at samus and for a while it would seem that he would be purified of his corruption, come back to his sense, and fight along side samus. IN his brief time he had control of his body however he knew none of it was possible and would no longer hurt any or be a tool for dark samus. With that he created an ice pillar in which he impaled himself with, ending the hunter life and out of all the hunters death (more were corrupted) his was one with honor. Then dark samus came and absorbed his body and phazon. Rundas was never seen again.

I typed all this because rundas was one of my fav characters and for him to die like was to painful to watch (I left the room so I couldn't watch what happened, although I watched it on youtube) so here I leave some vids to remember him by because we should honor the dead, not ignore them. Yeah I know it’s just a video game character but the music and the cutsceans leading up to that was painful. I don't expect anyone to understand this but this is the best moment Nintendo has ever made, I wish for more to come but not like this.

Thread title: 
Wow, it's amazing how you can get all this from a character Retro crappily put together. Not saying Rundus is a bad character, it's just that all the Bounty Hunters were barely given any screen time, didn't have any character developement of sort, died all in the same way rather quickly, and didn't even come back as cliched Dark Samus versions of themselves.
I always felt that some part of Rundas fought the corruption, even after he was consumed by it.  Consider that Rundas passed up one chance to battle Samus, and when he finally fought her it was a one-on-one battle by his choice.  Killing the Space Pirates beforehand was strategically silly, unless a part of him would still rather die than kill Samus.  All my personal humble opinion, of course.  Killing him was my least favorite moment in Corruption: it still bothers me a lot more than killing the other Hunters (I must admit to getting a perverse thrill out of killing Gandrayda though: it's the "Sammy" line that does it for me I think).
Also, the way Rundas dies in the cutscene is kind of messed up.  It seemed like a much more violent death than many of the other bosses.  Getting stabbed 3 times by ice doesn't look very pleasant.
OH ****!!!!
Quote from MM805:
Wow, it's amazing how you can get all this from a character Retro crappily put together. Not saying Rundus is a bad character, it's just that all the Bounty Hunters were barely given any screen time, didn't have any character developement of sort, died all in the same way rather quickly, and didn't even come back as cliched Dark Samus versions of themselves.

I know that what piss me off, aleast he got more time then the other hunters(stupid gandrayda >_< )

Quote from ParanoidMetroid:
I always felt that some part of Rundas fought the corruption, even after he was consumed by it.  Consider that Rundas passed up one chance to battle Samus, and when he finally fought her it was a one-on-one battle by his choice.  Killing the Space Pirates beforehand was strategically silly, unless a part of him would still rather die than kill Samus.  All my personal humble opinion, of course.  Killing him was my least favorite moment in Corruption: it still bothers me a lot more than killing the other Hunters (I must admit to getting a perverse thrill out of killing Gandrayda though: it's the "Sammy" line that does it for me I think).

Im glad i found someone who enjoys gandraydas death as much as i do. My only wish was to go into hyper mode and after i beat her just keep blasting her, out of  energy tanks? BAH who care ill just stop at like 14 health(though i think getting absorbed by a hentai nightmare thing with dark samus's head glued on it is bad enough). aiwebs_008 After she died and i got the grapple voltage i said "thanks ganny" to anwser her "thanks sammy line".(Samus: IM NOT SAMMY Evil or Very Mad  )
Quote from logitechSDAZ:
Also, the way Rundas dies in the cutscene is kind of messed up.  It seemed like a much more violent death than many of the other bosses.  Getting stabbed 3 times by ice doesn't look very pleasant.

NO it don't, as i said painful to watch, more painful to hear him making those noises. Ugh i reminded me of someone choking on their own blood. Shocked So evil nintendo.....

DIE GANDRAYDA!!!!!!
laugh new
Agreed. Rundas's death cutsceen seemed to be the most violent out of the three corrupted hunters, which made his death even more sad, in a way.  :(
OH ****!!!!
Quote from Meta-Ridley125:
Agreed. Rundas's death cutsceen seemed to be the most violent out of the three corrupted hunters, which made his death even more sad, in a way.  :(

I totally agree with you. :(
I thought since they made Rundus the cool badass character, they had to kill him in a badass way as well. aiwebs_008
Quote from MM805:
I thought since they made Rundus the cool badass character, they had to kill him in a badass way as well. aiwebs_008
QFT Nothing more badass than being impaled.  8-)
I always felt that some part of Rundas fought the corruption, even after he was consumed by it.  Consider that Rundas passed up one chance to battle Samus, and when he finally fought her it was a one-on-one battle by his choice.  Killing the Space Pirates beforehand was strategically silly, unless a part of him would still rather die than kill Samus. 

I agree with you on that. He also seemed like the only friendly bounty hunter. Again though this is just speculation since his total on screen time was what like 15 minutes including the boss fight?
OH ****!!!!
Quote from Ntsc:
I always felt that some part of Rundas fought the corruption, even after he was consumed by it.  Consider that Rundas passed up one chance to battle Samus, and when he finally fought her it was a one-on-one battle by his choice.  Killing the Space Pirates beforehand was strategically silly, unless a part of him would still rather die than kill Samus. 

I agree with you on that. He also seemed like the only friendly bounty hunter. Again though this is just speculation since his total on screen time was what like 15 minutes including the boss fight?

He was also the hunter with the most screen time.
lvl 28 Magic Leper
Quote from Ntsc:

I'd say Ghor was the most friendly, especially if you read his profile. He donates most of his earnings to the victims of his target. Until, that is, he goes into the suit.

I was really surprised Rundas was the first to go, they set him up perfectly to be the second-to-last boss like Ridley in MP. Oh well, I'm glad Ridley was the penultimate boss battle once again.
Quote from Vertigo:
I'd say Ghor was the most friendly, especially if you read his profile. He donates most of his earnings to the victims of his target. Until, that is, he goes into the suit.

I was really surprised Rundas was the first to go, they set him up perfectly to be the second-to-last boss like Ridley in MP. Oh well, I'm glad Ridley was the penultimate boss battle once again.

Eh I was somewhat disappointed by Ridley...actually I was disappointed by the stupid layout of all the phazon seeds (leviathan's w/e). I thought the Ridley fight should have been more dynamic in an outside environment. I really just hate it when games give you multiple bosses, objectives, scenarios, or environments that are pretty much the exact same thing with like 1 difference. Seriously developers need to make you awestruck. Maybe Ridley should have attacked your ship when you were flying to the phazon seed or something and then you would have to fight him in the tunnel or something(would have been totally badass if they made it so you were like fighting him from on top of your ship while flying down the tunnel and then slamming into the phazon seed and then fighting him on the ground in there). I just thought Ridley should have been a more epic battle.
[ M a n a t e e ]
At least he had a great cutscene before him, and at least they fixed the HORRIBLY, horribly boring ground phase from Prime 1.

Of course, then they made his new air phase quite boring instead.  Lovely work, Retro.
err ... are you saying the air phase was less boring than the ground phase in prime 1?
Quote from Dazuro Ghenari:
At least he had a great cutscene before him, and at least they fixed the HORRIBLY, horribly boring ground phase from Prime 1.

Quote from nate:
err ... are you saying the air phase was less boring than the ground phase in prime 1?

One word: Wavebuster.  Must agree with Dazuro: the ground phase of Prime 1's Ridley battle was boring.
lvl 28 Magic Leper
Quote from Ntsc:
Quote from Vertigo:

Eh I was somewhat disappointed by Ridley...actually I was disappointed by the stupid layout of all the phazon seeds (leviathan's w/e). I thought the Ridley fight should have been more dynamic in an outside environment. I really just hate it when games give you multiple bosses, objectives, scenarios, or environments that are pretty much the exact same thing with like 1 difference. Seriously developers need to make you awestruck. Maybe Ridley should have attacked your ship when you were flying to the phazon seed or something and then you would have to fight him in the tunnel or something(would have been totally badass if they made it so you were like fighting him from on top of your ship while flying down the tunnel and then slamming into the phazon seed and then fighting him on the ground in there). I just thought Ridley should have been a more epic battle.

Yeah I was disappointed by the linear level we'd seen 2 times previous. Prime 1 definitely takes the cake when it comes to Ridley's level.

It's too bad Ridley doesn't do more than just throw bombs at you in Prime 3 when he's in the air, it would have been interesting if he used more of his classic moves in the air.

One thing I've never understood about Rundas is that he kills the pirates that are his allies prior to the battle with Samus. The only excuse I can come up with is he thought they were weak and unworthy. Gandrayda was mentioned to do this to some Pirates in the logbook... but you'd think he'd keep them around until Samus is dead.
or if he wanted to trick Samus into thinking he was on her side so he could then hit her with a surprise attack.
[ M a n a t e e ]
My guess is that they were Pirate Loyalists who refused to follow Dark Samus.

Quote:

Yes.  At least in the air phase he actually uses a variety of attacks, even if there is a lot of downtime.  Prime 1's ground phase, on the other hand, consisted of "wait for him to dash, sidestep, wait for him to dash, sidestep, wait for him to dash, sidestep, wait for him to dash, sidestep, wait for him to dash, sidestep, shoot his mouth, shoot his chestwait for him to dash, sidestep, wait for him to dash, sidestep, wait for him to dash, sidestep, shoot his mouth, shoot his chest...."
OH ****!!!!

Of course, then they made his new air phase quite boring instead.  Lovely work, Retro.

Yeah like i said predictable ridley, duck around and shoot his mouth then OMG, grapple beam his chest armor off THEN shoot his  chest with what else? Hyper mode attacks.

Quote from nate:

Completely boring, he acatually pulled a new one on me today that i have never seen before, he jumps into the air then stops the ground sending a plasma wave at you. Has anyone ever seen this because this is new to me. Shocked
Quote from Vertigo:
Quote from Ntsc:
Quote from Vertigo:

Yeah I was disappointed by the linear level we'd seen 2 times previous. Prime 1 definitely takes the cake when it comes to Ridley's level.

It's too bad Ridley doesn't do more than just throw bombs at you in Prime 3 when he's in the air, it would have been interesting if he used more of his classic moves in the air.

One thing I've never understood about Rundas is that he kills the pirates that are his allies prior to the battle with Samus. The only excuse I can come up with is he thought they were weak and unworthy. Gandrayda was mentioned to do this to some Pirates in the logbook... but you'd think he'd keep them around until Samus is dead.

I still have my theory were he was fighting off the corruption, then again a surprise attack to samus was nessary before the fiight ahead.

My guess is that they were Pirate Loyalists who refused to follow Dark Samus.

Quote:

Yes.  At least in the air phase he actually uses a variety of attacks, even if there is a lot of downtime.  Prime 1's ground phase, on the other hand, consisted of "wait for him to dash, sidestep, wait for him to dash, sidestep, wait for him to dash, sidestep, wait for him to dash, sidestep, wait for him to dash, sidestep, shoot his mouth, shoot his chestwait for him to dash, sidestep, wait for him to dash, sidestep, wait for him to dash, sidestep, shoot his mouth, shoot his chest...."

Exactly the battle! laugh new Offtopic but i noticed that your sig ahs a space pirate render on it?(correct me if im wrong) but were did you get that?
red chamber dream
Alright, don't quote large amounts of text like that. Just single out the sentences you're referring to so that understanding your posts isn't as annoying.
OH ****!!!!
Quote from Arkarian:
Alright, don't quote large amounts of text like that. Just single out the sentences you're referring to so that understanding your posts isn't as annoying.

Ok sorry i have a lot to say.^_^
so is it even possible to beat Rundas without going into Hyper mode?  I tried about 5 time (veteran mode), and could only get his energy bar about half way down.  His damn ice boulders hie tosses at you are impossible to dodge, and they drain close to an entire energy tank.
OH ****!!!!
Ja it is, it takes awhile but you can do it.;)