EDIT: Took quotation marks out of the quote tags.Yes, I know I'm weird. :P
LMAO! Sigged

Also, Discovery is looking awesome! I want to see Sonic so bad

Now if only I could beat Redesign... :o
Quote from Edward_Tohr:
Quote from Green-Kirby:
They are most likely only testes.

I'm rather hoping that's a typo, there... :P

Priceless, just flickerbating priceless.
Green-Kirby, ROAR!
Typo fixed. <_>
Quote from Green-Kirby:
WIP (wip= not done): 

Specifically it means Work In Progress.  Wink

Personally, the cross-over / mix ups...  That's not my cup of tea.  But you have some neat ideas here.  (How's that song go?)  Don't stop....  Believing.  grin new
Metroid Hunter
the ice-hack looks quite interessting in your video. I look forward to your comming hacks! ;) When do you think the Ice-Remake will be done? I'm still hoping this year.

maybe a spoiler but, in your ice-remake, is there something like an "ice-missile"?
Green-Kirby, ROAR!
Quote from Carpenter:
the ice-hack looks quite interessting in your video. I look forward to your comming hacks! ;) When do you think the Ice-Remake will be done? I'm still hoping this year.

maybe a spoiler but, in your ice-remake, is there something like an "ice-missile"?

It may get done this year. I work on it when I feel like so it is hard to tell when it will.

No ice missiles though, I have no knowledge on ASM what so ever.
But there are reasons why I named the hack Ice.

Also for people who have not figured out: I did add a few videos to my first post.
<----------------------------------------->
I will now give some back story on the old ice and the new ice.

Ice metal, Was the original name on Ice. It was also my first hack,
I kept working on it. Doing so my hacking skill did grow. So I felt like the rooms I already made was sucky and I could do better.
So I remade most rooms a few times.

How ever I did grow tired off doing that all the time. Eventually giving up on it and started some thing new. I did give out the hack unfinished.

I did fix up a few things that was terrible in it a few days ago so I can put it up again. Mainly since I did get a few people who wanted to play it resently. I will put it up after I have fixed all errors that may crash the game... I did also edit the pallet.
<->
Ice-remake. Or Ice2 as I would like to call it.
There are almost no things from the first ice in it even if it is a remake. Only a concept that I could not implant in the original Ice.
A Frozen world, and the story. The Frozen world is in parallel with the normal, And more. The story is simple, You have crashed on a planet, Your ship is functioning. But there is a shield around the planet. You can get in but not out. The only way to leave is to destroy power supply for the shield that is deep in the planet core.
Thats all the story you get, The main character is not specified, It can be any one. It is up to the player.

Ice2 is the main hack. But player who beat it will unlock "the second story" That is in a locked .zip.
As the name say it will continue the story. And it will hold the final boss. Since Ice2 do not have one.
With the hack I will also include a read me and a text file for most items. Since items will be used in ways that they where not in super metroid. If you beat the hack there will also be a image file in the locked .zip. That is a map off the normal game. Why I include that is because there is no map in-game.

<--------------------------->
Thats all info I will give out on the "ice" games.
As said above I will give out the old Ice metal as soon as all game crashing errors are fixed.

EDIT:
Sugar metroids:
Green-Kirby, ROAR!
Sorry for the double post....
Any way.
My last post got edited... I usual do edit when there is not much and not to long in between.
How ever, This is some thing big.
It's for SM re-GFX.

Any objections lady?

:P
Yes that's samus ship from fusion. I did remove the ugly legs though.
And made a few edits...
I made it for a mate. But as I said before I will put it in SM re-GFX.
That's...freaking...awesome.
That is pretty sweet...  :P  Good Job!
Green-Kirby, ROAR!
Update: Ice2 - Maradia bridge

The maradia bridge is one room. It is a bit different.
I had some problem getting a working back ground in that room so I removed it.
Then I though: Hey this could be the surface. To avoid spoilers let me put it like this: There is no sun at that place.
That's why I do not mind it is black. Here are the 5 screens:

This do not look to hard.

They who did build thist must have been lazy!

Yes I love grapple beam.

If you fall down the devil fish will try and eat you!

Ah! Big bugs RUN!

That's all from this update.
It is starting to look interesting though I HATE Grapple.
Green-Kirby, ROAR!
Quote from Electrometer Prime:
It is starting to look interesting though I HATE Grapple.

Then you will hate most off my hack if you hate grapple! >;D

Any way,

One screen update for Ice2.
The new maradia pallet and a bit more spoiling screen shot.

THIS IS MARADIA! >;D
Metroid Hunter
Maridia looks so nice :D I want to play it by now! It seems u made great progress in the last time.
Stuffs. Yar.
Wow... these're looking pretty nice. I'm looking forward to playing these.
Green-Kirby, ROAR!
Quote from Edward_Tohr:
Wow... these're looking pretty nice. I'm looking forward to playing these.

You do know that under water grappleing puzzles are pain in the ass don't you?  Rolling Eyes
Any way, If you want to speed run this hack I recommend you start some grapple practice.
I WILL use grapple beam a lot.  :D
Underwater Walljumping is worse <_<
Green-Kirby, ROAR!
<->-<Ice 1: Metal>-<->
After 1 year off working (Not rly, It have been dead for over half a year. <_<; )
It is done.

What is Ice? Well it a hack series I am making. Ice 2 is in work right now as seen above.
When it is done I may re-make this hack. What is difrent from 0.9?
-You can beat the game with out freezing on escape.
-Some pallets was changes for less eye hurting.
-Norfair is now green as it should be. And some heat effects are gone.
-It is way easier to find your way into WS.
-Some tile error was fixed not all. (That would take for ever)
-Fixed some evil spots.

Now you may ask: What is this hack about? Is it wort playing?
The hack do have a story, But I refuse to give it away. It is to crappy for me or my story. Play it for fun or even better avoid playing it.
Wort it? Thats up to you. The hack did not move any rooms or scroll areas. It will look almost like Super Metroid.

The .zip have two version 0.9 and 1.0.  1.0 is the one you want. The 0.9 is actually 0.8 meaning some places that was in the last public release is not in 1.0 because My back up was old when my HD did get fryed. Play the one you want. But in 0.9 you can't beat the game.
A patch with out the intro is also included. Mainly because I did fuck up the green text way way back. But if you want to play the intro then go a head.

Some things that are in Ice 1 will be in Ice 2. Ice 2 continue the story.... But you will only get the story part in the second installment when it get out... sadly.  But as I stated before I will most likely re-make this hack after I get done with my other projects.

Enjoy!

I made this for EP who still like to play crappy hacks like this.  aiwebs_016

EDIT: If you have trouble finding morph ball and missiles:
attachment:
Edit history:
Fano7: 2007-11-09 06:40:57 pm
Every Bit Counts
It looks nice so far. I've been able to stuck in your hack already. extra_smug I hope the rest of it is good.
Edit history:
Carpenter: 2007-11-10 06:12:23 am
Metroid Hunter
Your Hack looks great. With the new Tile sets zebes realy feels like an *cool* ice planet, in addition, the tile sets look realy professional and not so creepy. I wished other hackers like drewseph had changed their tile sets too. They are looking great, and if ice 2 looks so too, it will be a quite good game ;)

But, there are some points, I do not like. The item placing... Items beneath the floor? Why should I search there? And why are they invisible? Playing ice1 feels sometimes... not fair.
And after 60 minutes of playing your hack, I found a dozen places where you get stuck =( And the enemys too!! The bombguardian walked into a pit :D

kkk, u already said, this hack is crappy, but it is indeed the best looking one so far ;)

btw... where should i go next? I found the bombs but i do not find the way to brinstar.

€: oh, nevermind, found it :D
Green-Kirby, ROAR!
Quote from Carpenter:
Your Hack looks great. With the new Tile sets zebes realy feels like an *cool* ice planet, in addition, the tile sets look realy professional and not so creepy.

But, there are some points, I do not like. The item placing... Items beneath the floor? Why should I search there? And why are they invisible? Playing ice1 feels sometimes... not fair.
And after 60 minutes of playing your hack, I found a dozen places where you get stuck =( And the enemys too!! The bombguardian walked into a pit :D

kkk, u already said, this hack is crappy, but it is indeed the best looking one so far ;)

Thanks.

Yeah that is my point. It is crappy, I did only fix the bugs and putted it up for the few people who wanted to play it.
If you did not play it before I suggest you stay far far away from that one.

EDIT: Fano7: No
Every Bit Counts
Do you ever need to be in a heated room without Varia?
You warned us.  You were right.  It is crappy.

What were you thinking when you did palettes? :P Mine eyes are going blargg.

Aside from palettes, I found a bunch of places where I got stuck.  Currently, I seem to be stuck after getting Plasma Beam because the close door doesn't open up after killing the pirates.  That and I wasn't able to get to Springball, assuming it's in its original location, because of a random door glitch.

I give up.  It's not that great of a hack and towards the end it seems like you got lazy and just said to hell with this, I'm just releasing it.

Oh well.  I'm not going to judge your future hacks from this.  From what I've seen they look miles higher than this.
I ALMOST survived Ice Metal. No Springball or Plasma. I get to one really messed up room during the escape sequence and when I get to the hatch and go through it, the game freezes. Yes this was a crappy hack, but I really did enjoy spending my day playing it today.

EDIT: After checking SMILE, The room I wind up in is 7E82C. I end up in the top left of that room and I am able to get through the hatch at the bottom right. After that, the game freezes up.