12 ->
^^
vv
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Hi everyone, you don’t know me yet, but, I joined these forums to ask why the main site has no Hunters section. Nate’s response? Make one. So I decided to launch a project to organize the information in this forum into a guide for speed tricks, boss tricks, special techniques, and all that good stuff that a section on m2k2 needs. I see this as a five step process.

As a first step, I have created an e-mail address for the operation: Hunters2k2@gmail.com and created this thread. Initial response to the thread and the poll will be used to gauge feasibility - I can’t do this alone. But if I see that there is interest and a willingness to help, there is a strong possibility of moving ahead with this. I know a lot of people will be busy with Corruption, but since Hunters is already a year-and-a-half old, I figure there’s no hurry.

Step two will involve initial submissions: those who have discovered tricks sending descriptions that can be edited into useable instructions, and videos demonstrating the processes.
Descriptions should be accompanied by links to the first place they were posted, if applicable, and should be written with the best spelling and grammar you can manage, to keep editorial duties to a minimum.
Videos should be the best possible, preferably according to these guidelines, with a few exceptions allowed: note that only one screen is needed if nothing important happens on the other screen, and, though I will have to confirm with Nate, I don’t think audio is too important unless your trick involves an audio cue( which is not to say you shouldn’t record the best audio you can get). I will also check on whether it is acceptable for you to process your own video, since I know already-formatted submissions would be much easier for me to handle.

Step three, if it gets that far, would be the creation of a list of what we have and what’s missing, such as videos for tricks that the discoverers were unable to record. At this stage, people other than the discoverers of the tricks would be asked to fill in the gaps.

Step four would be finalizing names, attribution, lists, organization, etc., though that would also be taking place gradually over the course of the earlier work.

And step five would be submitting the whole thing to the good ol’ webmaster, to be coded and integrated into the site.

So... thoughts?
Thread title: 
Bangaa Bishop
I've been pushing for this for a while but my ability to contribute is limited :) I dont have any kind of video camera to make even a really crappy video for anything, and I havent really done much of the secret world/other stuff. but in cases where I can provide some information or additional notes, id be happy to oblige.

But maybe we could create some pages on the old wiki for this purpose?
that wiki is only for prime 2. can just make a topic and post stuff in there. i have to reformat all of it anyway. let me know if you have any trouble attaching videos or otherwise putting them on filefront etc.
Waaaaaaa i want insanity
I can get a 7 megapixel camera.
and i can also do most of the tricks, so why not.
dont look for my link anymore, i took it off.
Here's a new secret world:

1. In Stasis Bunker, if you walk into one the pointy corners that are by the shields (in mp) you should be able to walk somewhat inside it then you just morph and roll forward to walk out of bounds. This also works and alot of other sharp pointy corners and this works in single and multiplayer.
What shields?  mp?  I don't know what your talking about.  I know the layout of the area, so I should know what your talking about.
Quote:
What shields? mp? I don't know what your talking about. I know the layout of the area, so I should know what your talking about.

The shields are in multiplayer, they stick out of the ground and have health behind them. Right next to them there is a ramp sort of thing the folds over. If you walk into the fold and then morph you can go under the floor. Also, because the folded ramps are in single player too, you can do it and save a few seconds....i think.
O, well, all you will do is fall to your death.  that is because wall glitches/shadow worlds don't have the same rules as a secret world does in prime or prime 2.
ima chargin mah lazr
I'm definitely willing to help if I can. There's a BUNCH of sequence breaks and glitches in here:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/portable/ds/file/920760/43405

All credit goes to Mr P0tter who actually made that guide, and anyone who found the glitches listed there.

As a note for a possible speed runs section, I could definitely help with that, seeing as I still hold 1:22:32 for fastest completion time.  grin new If you need my help (or just would like an extra hand) I'd rather if you AIM'd me at DSG3002 or contacted me by e-mail usurper992@gmail.com. (I don't visit this forum very often, but I might stay around here a little more since I'm looking out for MP3 threads now. :))
ima chargin mah lazr
I notice this thread has been quite dead recently... Well, I've been recording the speed run for MPH, and I could easily record any/all of the tricks/glitches/etc. that need to be recorded for the site. I don't know all of them, though, so if anybody has a list of them or something, that would help me with the recording part.
definitely help this guy out.
Take a look at my site, I have a complete list of most of the known glitches in Hunters & all I need is videos for the site.  Although in my last two updates, I have gotten two videos for the new glitches.  But my work is discontinued cause my DS lite is dead right now, I just need another one to continue my work.
Bangaa Bishop
DSG3002's recorded speedrun uses a number of those tricks (like the well known easy judicator), with his permission we can use some of this video to make the site page.
I actually focus on normal glitches, and the occasional single player glitch.  But seriously, don't use shadow worlds for speed runs.  Because, if you load the next room, your game will crash.  every time.
Quote from masterx93:
I actually focus on normal glitches, and the occasional single player glitch.  But seriously, don't use shadow worlds for speed runs.  Because, if you load the next room, your game will crash.  every time.

Not EVERY time. I have recently discovered something huge! Using a method similar to Prime, you can load the next room without crashing.

Heres an example: When you first enter the room where you see Trace and Noxus, go into the secret next to the door as if you were going to skip the fight. Instead of going past the barrier to activate the first switch, turn around and shoot at the door until it opens. Heres the hard part: Position yourself so the door you just shot is in the middle of you screen and push up against it. If you did it right the next room should load, and the room behind you should de-load.

I'm still looking for other places to do this, but I haven't been able to with school and a number of other things going on in my life. Hopefully, someone can find a way to take this further. Right now you can only load the short transition hallway between the gateway and the Trace and Noxus fight room, because the floor cuts off.
I know about that, I just didnt think you could do it to save your time.  I can do it for the unkillable hunters, but not for speed, cuz I can never find a good platform to attempt the trick.
You call that something huge you found? I call it something very well known that's been around for ages.
Various tricks that need videos - might not be everything - SW list might be numbered wrong and/or incomplete - in fact, completely disregard the numbers, but I don't feel like editing the list again; also, a lot of these can probably be ripped out of your run

SW1 Echo Hall (SP) - 072
SW2 Thermal Vast (SP) - Dr.Trence
SW3 Oubliette Hall (SP) - Paraxade, Dr.Trence
SW4 Tetra Vista (SP) - ajbolt89
SW5 Ice Hive (SP/MP) - gamefaqer?, troid92
SW6 Processing Core (SP/MP) - Paraxade
SW7 Fan Room Alpha (SP) - troid92
SW8 Combat Hall (SP/MP) - Paraxade (MP)
SW9 Celestial Gateway (SP) - Dr.Trence
SW10 Helm Room (SP) - Dr.Trence
SW11 Sic Transit (SP/MP) - GameFAQers?
SW12 Harvester (MP) - Youtubers?
SW13 Fault Line (MP) - primetime?
SW14 Crash Site (SP) - troid92
SW15 Data Shrine (MP) - primetime
SW16 Stasis Bunker (MP) - primetime
SW17 Fuel Stack (SP/MP) - youtubers?
SW18 Arcterra Gateway (MP) - youtubers?
SW19 Drip Moat (SP) - troid92
SW20 Oubliette Gateway (SP) - troid92
SW21 Sanctorus (MP) - primetime
SW22 Alinos Gateway (MP) - primetime
SW23 VDO Gateway (MP) - primetime
SW24 Transfer Lock (MP) - Paraxade, primetime
SW25 High Ground (MP) - primetime
SW26 Alinos Perch (MP) - primetime
SW27 Weapons Complex (MP) - primetime
SW28 Head Shot (MP) - primetime
SW29 Compression Chamber (MP) - primetime
SW30 Incubation Vault (MP) - primetime
SW31 Biodefense Chamber 3B (SP) (room name might be incorrect - room with slench 3) - ?
SW32 Biodefense Chamber 4B (SP) (see above - room with slench 4) - ?
SW33 Data Shrine 3 (SP) - Paraxade
Early Shock Coil - Paraxade
Synergy Core Speed Trick - Liku
Echo Hall Speed Trick -
High Ground Speed Trick (Zoomer Wave)
High Ground Speed Trick (Missile Jump)
Sylux Boss Trick (Imp headshots)
Invisible Delano 7
Unmorph into morph ball tunnels (Dr.Trence)
Missile push into morph ball tunnels (primetime)
Transfer Lock - get in the wrong half of the room to trigger a game-killing glitch
Transfer Lock Speed Trick
Docking Bay Speed Trick
Incubation Vault 02 Speed Trick - rekameohs
Sic Transit Speed Trick
Ice Hive Speed Trick (Wasp Skip - Both Methods) - bartendorsparky (float)
Ice Hive Speed Trick (Judicator Puzzle Skip - there's at least two methods for this) - bartendorsparky (dbj)
Thermal Vast Speed Trick - Paraxade (dbj to morph ball tunnel)
Alinos Perch Speed Trick - ajbolt89
Council Chamber Speed Trick
Trace Boss Trick
Fault Line Speed Trick (2 methods) - Phazon Siphon
Drip Moat Speed Trick - primetime
Stasis Bunker Speed Trick
Fuel Stack Speed Trick - bartendorsparky
Skip Piston Cave - rekameohs (missile push), troid92 (unmorph)
Oubliette Hall Speed Trick - Liku

If you don't know what any of these are, feel free to ask.
Anywhere, everywhere
For future reference, my 3 tricks are as follows.

Skip Piston Cave (the hard way, troid92 found the easy way)
Climb Incubator Vaults
Fire Alimbic Cannon while escaping Alinos 2
edited the list to give some credits, the rest aren't given because i don't feel like rereading 22 pages just to see who found what. if anyone else wants to do that go ahead.
that isn't how hunters works on NWFC paraxade.  Secret worlds are refurred to as shadow worlds, & being inside a wall is referred to being in a wall glitch.  Shadow worlds are not secret worlds, but in some areas, if you get into one, it looks like a secret world but isn't.  you still have some barriers to obey, & its like getting behind a door & loading the room around you & the door shutting without
walking through it.  When it shuts, it looks like a secret world, but you have boundries to obey until you break them again(if you break it again).
wtf? Secret worlds are secret worlds. Whether you're playing in multiplayer or singleplayer is completely irrelevant, "shadow worlds" is just the name YouTubers and Gamefaqers and Nsiders made up.
I have to agree with Paraxade on that one, shadow worlds just sounds odd. Its much easier if there just referred to as secret worlds, seeing as thats the general term for this sort of thing.

Btw, has anyone understood the stasis bunker SW that I posted a little while back. I checked and it's new.
Call it what you want, im just sayin that is how hunters works.