^^
vv
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Armor Guardian
Note: I did not make this.

http://board.acmlm.org/thread.php?id=210&o=0&p=50

I've played it for a couple hours. It's pretty nifty.
Thread title: 
I'll be back. Maybe...
should i download it?
that basically means two things:
1) is ibj unnecessary for game completion?
2) is the map layout changed significantly?
Armor Guardian
Quote from Skreemaster:
should i download it?
that basically means two things:
1) is ibj unnecessary for game completion?
2) is the map layout changed significantly?

1) AFAICT, yes, it is unnecessary.
2) Yes, but in some rooms it feels like author used the old room as a "skeleton."
Green-Kirby, ROAR!
Quote from RT-55J:
2) Yes, but in some rooms it feels like author used the old room as a "skeleton."

Yes he did. He actually only moved the rooms and edited them. But you can still see what room it is if you have a good eye (like me >_>)

Any way, Is it only me or do the landing site and some more room look like garbage? On the ground for example. My ROM is not bad but I ask any way to be sure.
Armor Guardian
Quote from Green-Kirby:
Any way, Is it only me or do the landing site and some more room look like garbage?

It's just you.
Awesome.  Downloading now.
Fun hack so far :).  Although now I'm stuck.  I can't seem to find any new paths to head through.  My only guess right now is to head through Proto-Tourian, but I need the Gravity Suit it seems.  Problem is that I can't find it anywhere.  For that matter, I'd like to find the Spring Ball or Speed Booster :P.

So...yeah, I'm running out of ideas of where to look here.

EDIT: Found Spring Ball.  That's one down  laugh new .
I'll be back. Maybe...
excellent!
i'd much rather do this than do standard super in peculiar, time-wasting routes for 100%.

downloading.

edit: there are thin platforms in the screenshots  Exclamation

SUPER DOUBLE POWER COMBO EDIT: for some reason, this patch doesn't seem to be compatible with my super metroid (ju) [!].smc
most peculiar.

also, apparently this hack is quite buggy.
And I'm already stuck.  Every way seems to be a dead end.
I've enered Norfair, my last major item was Varia, and now every path seems to be blocked by power bomb or super missile doors

A very neat hack so far.  Not too hard and not too easy.
Armor Guardian
Quote from BlueGlass:
And I'm already stuck.  Every way seems to be a dead end.
I've enered Norfair, my last major item was Varia, and now every path seems to be blocked by power bomb or super missile doors

I'm assuming you have already beaten Kraid, but not Spore Spawn.

In the room after the grapple/spike room, there is/was a missle pack in a little "cave". Morph past the missle pack and you should enter a secret passageway. Continue from there.
Downloaded this about 4 days ago.  Just beat it now.

The operation was completed successfully!

Clear Time- 7:31
Your rate for collecting items is- 94%

See you next mission!

Great hack to play. Not too hard, not too easy.
Okay, great hack but now I'm stuck, here's where I am:

I have:
35 missiles
25 power bombs
Morph Ball + Bomb
High Jump Boots
Charge Beam

I defeated Spore Spawn and I've made a trip to the wrecked ship, which ended in finding nothing.

And now i'm wondering where to go next.

EDIT:
Nevermind, I found Phantoon, I'll go search the activated wrecked ship to see if I can find anything..... Okay Now I'm really lost, I suppose I need to find Kraid but where should I search?
Eschews avatars
I can't download the file from ACMLM. The text for the links were just text, so I copy-pasted them into the URL box, but that just gave me the data for the RAR. Then, I tried saving the data as a .rar file, but it won't decompress. Can someone post a direct link to the file? I really want to try this hack out.
I like Big Butts and I can not lie
Here
http://www.badongo.com/file/2381653
Okay, got unstuck from my last post, but I'm lost again:

I have:
Morph Ball + Bomb
Varia Suit
75 Missiles
15 Super Missiles
50 Power Bombs
5 Energy Tanks
1 Reserve Tank
Grappling Beam
HJ Boots
Spring Ball
Charge Beam
Spazer
Ice beam
Kraid & Phantoon Beaten

I only found Spring Ball in Norfair so now I'm really wondering where to go...
Armor Guardian
Quote from CymicX:

You can get the Speed Booster and Gravity Suit right now. Both are in Norfair.
Quote from RT-55J:
Quote from CymicX:

Well... the only way I would think to go would be
beyond Crocomire but I bombed almost every block of his fake chozo room and found nothing... am I on the right way at least?
Quote from CymicX:
Quote from RT-55J:
Quote from CymicX:

beyond Crocomire but I bombed almost every block of his fake chozo room and found nothing... am I on the right way at least?

Look one room above Crocomire's.  I suppose you've wondered how to get into that blue door in the lower right?  Try bombing around the outside of the morphball maze to find a way in (Have a Super Missile on hand, you'll need it).
Quote from Anima Zero:
Quote from CymicX:
Quote from RT-55J:
Quote from CymicX:

Look one room above Crocomire's.  I suppose you've wondered how to get into that blue door in the lower right?  Try bombing around the outside of the morphball maze to find a way in (Have a Super Missile on hand, you'll need it).

[spoiler]
Thanks, found them, I found X-Ray too in Crateria, and I already visited ProtoTourian... Though I may go scan all over the place in case I missed something.

EDIT:
Okay, I defeated Draygon but he didn't give me anything and I'm totally lost in where the entrance to LN could be...
Armor Guardian
Quote from CymicX:
Okay, I defeated Draygon but he didn't give me anything and I'm totally lost in where the entrance to LN could be...

If you want to earn the only key item from Proto-Tourian, fight Botwoon. If you don't know where he is you should try bombing some tubes.

The entrance to LN is on the far west side of Norfair. The entrance to that place is in the Brinstar elevator room.
Quote from RT-55J:
Quote from CymicX:

If you want to earn the only key item from Proto-Tourian, fight Botwoon. If you don't know where he is you should try bombing some tubes.

The entrance to LN is on the far west side of Norfair. The entrance to that place is in the Brinstar elevator room.

Yay! Got it!:
But damn Botwoon is EVIL!... okay he was guarding the plasma but still! Filling the whole fighting room with spikes.... At least I got the prized Plasma Beam!... only Wave left! Gotta go search for LN soon.
A fun fact about the Plasma Beam...

The crumble block that lets you take an easy way out of the area without retracing your steps through Botwoon's room can be passed the other way around by CF'ing through it.  Botwoon can be skipped this way.

Something I discovered (And thought was the original way to go at first to snag it :P).  Just don't enter Botwoon's room the back way if you do this.  Otherwise you'll have to reload a save or savestate thanks to Botwoon's fighting arena being protected by pipes.  Perhaps the Wave Beam will save you here (Could attack Botwoon from the outside?), I don't know.
2 minutes into the game I somersault-jump myself into a small crevice in a wall, land crouched and can't remove myself from it. I can only turn left or right. laugh new
I can´t download it! What do you need for downloading?
http://www.freewebs.com/blacktelomeres/Super_Metroid_Dependence_v181.rar