<- 1  -   of 31 ->
^^
vv
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Cook of the Sea
Nate was talking about you, señor.  Are you a troll, or are you seriously this much of a pompous eyesore?  I'm not much of a cfx fan but I can see now why he banned you.  You've got your OS frescoed all over yourself, you've got a BSD chip on your shoulder the size of Venus, and you're a technobabbling nuisance.  No one gives a damn how much you know about computers.  Tone your act down or get the hell out.
l'appel du vide
I think I'm going to go outside.
#include <stddisclaimer.h>

Quote from SABERinBLUE:
Nate was talking about you,

Hmmz, where do you base that conclusion on? :S

Quote:
señor.

*twirls his mustache*

Quote:
Are you a troll, or are you seriously this much of a pompous eyesore?

Probably a little of both.

Quote:
I'm not much of a cfx fan but I can see now why he banned you.

He isn't the first and he certainly won't be the last.

Quote:
you've got your OS frescoed all over yourself,

Took ages of pain to scrape Slackware off and tattoo NetBSD on it.

Quote:
you've got a BSD chip on your shoulder the size of Venus,

Rather my abdomen and Wolf 359, but meh.

Quote:
and you're a technobabbling nuisance.

Even CFX hasn't accused me of using technobabble. Probably because *everything* I say has a meaning to it, and a deep one at that. Try and take a peek beneath the surface, if you will.

Quote:
No one gives a damn how much you know about computers.

The author of the Pedant's Guide to Computing Knowledge would beg to differ.

Quote:
Tone your act down or get the hell out.

If you want to start a flame war, you'd better do it via e-mail for obvious reasons.

Quote from 13M13:
I think I'm going to go outside.

Sounds like a plan -- it's getting a bit hot in here.

edit: fix typo's (C) pepsi
edit^2: include reply (C) 13M13
Cook of the Sea
Quote from de_zeurkous:
Quote:
Tone your act down or get the hell out.

If you want to start a flame war, you'd better do it via e-mail for obvious reasons.

That wasn't a flame.  It was an order.  I'm a moderator, or didn't you notice?
Quote from SABERinBLUE:
That wasn't a flame.

According to my perception, you sure worded it like that. Sorry if I misintepreted it.

Quote:
It was an order.

A fine order, I might add.

Quote:
II'm a moderator, or didn't you notice?

After posting my previous reply, I did. That doesn't change the fact that I'm not bowing for people who interpret self-assuredness -- arising from /experience/ and a sense of duty -- as rigidness and/or trolling. Especially so when using moderator priviliges to deliver 'orders' simply because you /personally/ get tired of a discussion, after seeding misconceptions and thus blowing the fire to new heights.
Cook of the Sea
Quote from de_zeurkous:
Quote from SABERinBLUE:
That wasn't a flame.

According to my perception, you sure worded it like that. Sorry if I misintepreted it.

Oh, the rest of the post was a flame, make no mistake about that.  You've been irritating the hell out of a pretty large percentage of our members. 

Quote:
After posting my previous reply, I did. That doesn't change the fact that I'm not bowing for people who interpret self-assuredness -- arising from /experience/ and a sense of duty -- as rigidness and/or trolling.

Get over yourself.  A sense of duty?  Duty to what?

Quote:
Especially so when using moderator priviliges to deliver 'orders' simply because you /personally/ get tired of a discussion,

I don't recall entering into a discussion with you.  I recall telling you to change your attitude.  Change it or stop posting.
Quote from SABERinBLUE:
What's true for you isn't necessarily true for everyone.  When weeds grow in your garden, even if you don't mind how they look, the flowers probably want them gone.

Think of the flowers, nate.

agreed. thus the hired help.
Cook of the Sea
Quote from nate:
Quote from SABERinBLUE:
What's true for you isn't necessarily true for everyone.  When weeds grow in your garden, even if you don't mind how they look, the flowers probably want them gone.

Think of the flowers, nate.

agreed. thus the hired help.

Heh, fair point.
Quote from SABERinBLUE:
Oh, the rest of the post was a flame, make no mistake about that.

I didn't.

Quote:
You've been irritating the hell out of a pretty large percentage of our members.

Huh -- I've posted in a few topics that actually interest me, actually make use of the concept of grammar and choose my words carefully, try to make a positive contribution, and I've already ``irritated teh hell out of a pretty large percentage of the members''? That wasn't my intention -- I apologize.

Quote:
Get over yourself.

That's a bit difficult because of my... err... girth.

Quote:
A sense of duty?  Duty to what?

Duty to make this universe a better place.

Quote:
don't recall entering into a discussion with you.

Read a few posts up for the proof.

Quote:
I recall telling you to change your attitude.

And I recall that you still avoid my arguments.

Quote:
Change it or stop posting.

No. Better first come with some substance in your posts -- preferably one that is capable of extinguishing the fire here.

edit: rm wimpyness -- people with a clue can figure that out for themselves
Cook of the Sea
Quote from de_zeurkous:
And I recall that you still avoid my arguments.

I'm not interested in arguing with you.  I don't want to.  I disagreed with you, that doesn't mean I want to debate it endlessly.  You clearly are more tech-savvy than I am so I'd probably stand little chance.  I'm probably wrong.  I don't care.  This isn't about logic or which conclusion is correct or any of that stuff.  What matters is that I've gotten multiple complaints from people about you (and I've done a fair bit of complaining to people myself about you), saying that you're being insufferably irritating on multiple fronts, and it is therefore my job as a moderator to either make you behave in a manner that doesn't make everyone want to riot in the streets or make you leave.  Whether or not you are standing on the moral high ground in whatever "discussion" you perceive is taking place is irrelevant.  What is relevant is that you are acting like an arrogant prick. 

Quote:
No.

Quote:
Better first come with some substance in your posts --

Quote:
preferably one that is capable of extinguishing the fire here.

It seems you have chosen the "get out" option.  Take it away, Yoshi.
PAGE BREAKER
Ready and willing.
Life is not a debate class. Sometimes, things just need to be let go.
Shifty Leader
That M2k2 guy
...heh, I just realized one third of the thread involves typing chinese characters, a tiny fraction involves a character limit issue, and the rest is a troll-hunt. Good times, eh?

Seriously though, I've encountered an annoying glitch that keeps threads marked unread after not only opening them several times, but also after actually reading them. It seems the only solutions I've found thus far are to either post in eternally unread topics or log out (I haven't tested the latter solution yet). I've tried opening the threads to the first and last page, clicking on the Unread Posts link next to the threads, and going to post a reply but backing out. I may have to post and delete just to get rid of them at some point. I hope I don't get simu-posted. >_>

EDIT: DAMN IT! After posting this, this topic became eternally unread! >_<
click here.

this is a known issue with all phpbb 2 installs. it seems to come in waves, though. for me it's never worked properly though so i just depend on the above link.

after the prime 3 hoopla dies down i'll upgrade the forum to either phpbb 3 or smf.
Shifty Leader
That M2k2 guy
Quote from nate:

I made the correct decision in NOT clicking there. I decided to actually read all actual unread posts before clicking because I assumed it marked ALL forums unread. This doesn't necessarily help in most cases.

I've seen other forums that have an option for each thread to mark them as "read." Maybe I overlooked the option in other pages. /me checks....

EDIT: Found it. It's at the top right of the forums instead of the bottom left of the entire board.
yeah
I have a small problem. Recently (this started a day before we upgraded) I have been logged out from this site every time I turn my computer off even though I instruct the forum to keep me logged on. What's going on here?
something is deleting your cookies.
Holy... Wha...?
When did SMF take over the forums...?
Was this just now? When? What?
Sorry, it's just a bit of a shock, you know?
On-TOPIC, the blackness makes some of the words at the top like B, I, U, and S buttons really hard to see.
oops ... strange, the button background image was missing. i've replaced it by downloading the theme from the smf site again. thanks for reporting this (i never use the buttons so i didn't notice, lol).

This scrollbar is annoying. :( And yeah, my screen sucks.
Every Bit Counts
Quote from iowa:
This scrollbar is annoying. :(

I secound that.
then use a different style.
Ah, that's better!
Why have we gone to SMF?
because it's the best open source forum implementation in existence (instant posting (no redirection), competence of coders, security and ease of administration and modification, to name a few aspects) and it's still being actively developed to boot.
Bah I really don't like this forum style, I have absolutly no idea wich thread has new posts if I don't remember the last post...

nate is the old forum ever gonna be brought back?
red chamber dream
Quote from el padrino:
nate is the old forum ever gonna be brought back?

I'm not nate, but I can safely say no. Why would we switch to this forum if we were ever planning on bringing back the old one?

I do agree, though, that something needs to be done about how to tell which posts are new, and it needs to be done soon. The "NEW" at the end of each thread with new posts isn't prominent enough imo: we need the icon beside the thread to change, whether in shape or color, like the old forum's did.