<- 1234
^^
vv
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Embarrasing Fact: Power suit made by lowest bidder
It depends on the routines themselves. If the routines are careful, they'll cut it off before it overflows. Many times programmers will assume you won't (or can't) get an integer to overflow, so they don't bother to program the routine carefully.

If the *entire* game is programmed in C or something, then yeah, the compiler will (or at least should) enforce the value type in every routine. But often, parts are written in assembly to optimize the code. Of course, with faster processors and larger rom space, it's less common to optimize the code in assembly.
Time bomb set get out fast!
Quote from Kejardon:
Actually, I found a way about a year ago to skip Botwoon entirely.
It requires the Murder Beam. >_< Stupid catch-22.

How do you do it?  I know it's useless since you don't get the Plasma Beam till after Draygon, but I'd still like to hear how it works.
I somehow found a way,to jump to the corner with Maridia Metroid in my back,and get about 6 pixels trough the wall,then i gathered all the metroids in my back,and i was at the other side of the wall.
Go up the speed pipe, then enter the bottom right door. The door to the right of you is grey (assuming Draygon is still alive). Kill the nest enemies and make sure they all leave powerups, then fire a murder beam somewhere in the room (preferably not on top of where they spawn). Grab the powerups, and make sure the enemies die immediately after respawning (Full-screen murder beam, but only works on respawning enemies). De-equip the ice beam, the enemies will constantly be hit by the murder beam but never die.
This part takes a *lot* of patience and luck.
Wall jump on the door. Wait for one of the enemies to rise up to your level, then fall to the ground. When they rush to the door, jump up and morph into a ball, and hold forward against the wall. You need to be touching them at the exact time they move fully inside the door. If it works, you'll suddenly stick to the door (you're actually one pixel inside it). From here, you just hold the right button for a mind-numbingly long time (fastforwarding on ZSNES still takes about a minute) as semi-frozen enemies fly past you. Eventually, you'll travel all the way through the door.

I don't see how an unfrozen mochtroid can get you through the wall. They don't affect Samus's position at all; you don't even jump when they periodically hurt you. Meh. I can check their subroutine and see what it does...
Edit: Got sidetracked playing with ram. I have a code to kill just about anything by touching it now (Fastest Ridley Battle EVER), but I'm afraid I didn't make much progress with mochtroids. >_>
I'll be back. Maybe...
Presumably the code uses part of the Screw Attack code and makes its contact damage permanent and infinite, or something...
I don't have a clue what it's using. I mean, you can kill Kagos, Funes, Evir's shots, *Ridley*, fire, spike platforms... There are only a very few things it doesn't kill.
Well, now you've gotta tell us what things it doesn't kill.
I'll be back. Maybe...
Kraid?
Kills Kraid's arm. Crashes if you touch Kraid or the front of one of his belly spikes. Would probably crash if you tried to mockball into a spike, too.

It doesn't kill Eye Doors, Mother Brain, most projectiles, elevators, Samus's ship, eye beacons, the animated blocks in Old Brinstar, Chozo Statues (kills Torizos), Save Stations, Crocamire's tounge (wait, I never tried to mockball into it. It might kill Crocamire's tounge), Ridley's tail, Botwoon's tail, Yapping Maws, the panels that fall and hit you in Ceres... and I can't think of anything else at the moment. I'm sure I've forgotten a few things, though.
Edit: Oh, it doesn't kill Metroids, but they can't latch onto you. Kills Zeebetites, though.
7E0A6E10 + 7E0A6F40. Other values work with varying degrees of success, those are the two I found that seem to work best.
Wow, that's some code.  I've been playing around with that first value and I get the same results except in Kraid's case -- it didn't kill his arm or crash in the situations you mentioned.  It's truly perverse that this thing doesn't kill Spore Spawn's spores but DOES kill Spore Spawn, whether he's vulnerable or not.  Another interesting thing I found is that you're immune to at least one kind of spikes (the kind Kraid has under him), though you're vulnerable to the standard kind.  And here's the weirdest part -- you're immune to your own bombs!  You can set as many as you want but they don't propel you.
I'll be back. Maybe...
This is the final result of the average Space-Time Beam:

It's quite strange, isn't it.

Edit: The code doesn't seem to work for me...
Quote from Skreemaster:
Edit: The code doesn't seem to work for me...

Well, this is peculiar.  How are the three of us using exactly the same code and getting different results?
The game resets it to 0 every frame. It must differ between emulators and when they change the value, so the code either will work, or won't work.
In your case, I think you're just using one code... Note the two codes affect different addresses, so you can have them both on at the same time without one overwriting the other.
What you mean they werne't supposed to be on at the same time? Ha...that's what I did...
No, I meant that the two codes are independant of eachother. The first allows you to kill some stuff, and the second allows you to kill more stuff (there's some overlap too). Combine them and you can kill nearly everything.
I was talking to Zeke when he said he was getting different results; he said he only had the first code on (I think), so Kraid probably only dies/crashes from the second code.

As for the timing, I was using ZSNES 1.36. Different versions may not work (especially since they seem to like coding the timing for the emulator different every few releases. >_>), as with different emulators. Although, this would be a fault in the emulation of pro action replay codes, not the emulation of the game itself, so funny stuff doesn't much matter. It just makes playing around with the code harder. >_>

And now that I have some free time, I'm going to get back to looking at the mochtroid's touch code.
I'll be back. Maybe...
I'm using Snes9x so that may be the problem.
I got pissed off at Snes9x even though it has a better video quality...IMO...I don't remember what was wrong with it though...oh and thanks Kej for clearing that up...
The mochtroids seem to be specifically coded *not* to cause Samus to move around, or to give Samus invincibility time. The only way possible I can think of for them to directly affect Samus's position in any way is if they were frozen.